ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2005 - 2006

Savvis Centre, St.Louis, Mo - January 27 2006
© Karen Elshout thanks moy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: bassline on Anybody Seen My Baby Return to archive
January 23rd, 2006 09:16 AM
speedfreakjive Anybody know whether this was Keith; it sounds too good to Darryl.
January 23rd, 2006 10:07 AM
Jumacfly it s one of the easiest line to play you know!
January 23rd, 2006 10:10 AM
speedfreakjive
quote:
Jumacfly wrote:
it s one of the easiest line to play you know!

yeah, but its funky as hell.
January 23rd, 2006 10:17 AM
Jumacfly yes it is!
BTB was an ambitious album!
January 23rd, 2006 10:21 AM
speedfreakjive
quote:
Jumacfly wrote:
yes it is!
BTB was an ambitious album!

Definitely; Out Of Control is growing on me too!
January 23rd, 2006 10:26 AM
voodoopug
quote:
speedfreakjive wrote:
Anybody know whether this was Keith; it sounds too good to Darryl.

Daryll is one of the better bass players out there...I am an amateur musician and can play that bassline note for note...I am sure Mr. Jones could play it drunk with one arm.
January 23rd, 2006 10:34 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
speedfreakjive wrote:

Definitely; Out Of Control is growing on me too!

yes,and those raw guitars on LowDown,Gunface, Flip..
a few killers but also some clunky Tunes, as usual on post tatoo you records.But it doesn t matter: it took me years but now I can even find a certain charm to Indian Girl
January 23rd, 2006 10:40 AM
speedfreakjive I loved Indian Girl at first, and still do. EM ; in summary a pretty good album I think. If they had gotten rid of some of the traditional "rockers" and put some more experimental tunes in, then I think it could have been the Stones' best experimental album. There is a lot of variation on there; reggae, country, groove, punk and ballads.
[Edited by speedfreakjive]
January 23rd, 2006 10:52 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
speedfreakjive wrote:
I loved Indian Girl at first, and still do. EM ; in summary a pretty good album I think. If they had gotten rid of some of the traditional "rockers" and put some more experimental tunes in, then I think it could have been the Stones' best experimental album. There is a lot of variation on there; reggae, country, groove, punk and ballads.

what a man of taste!
January 23rd, 2006 11:06 AM
erikjjf
quote:
speedfreakjive wrote:
it sounds too good to Darryl.

It's Jamie Muhoberac, not Darryl.
January 23rd, 2006 04:11 PM
CraigP The Stones best exp. album was Satanic Majestie's by far.
January 23rd, 2006 04:14 PM
voodoopug
quote:
speedfreakjive wrote:
I loved Indian Girl at first, and still do. EM ; in summary a pretty good album I think. If they had gotten rid of some of the traditional "rockers" and put some more experimental tunes in, then I think it could have been the Stones' best experimental album. There is a lot of variation on there; reggae, country, groove, punk and ballads.

ironically, i actually agree with you. I was not a real big fan of Indian Girl, but think that as an album track if it was surrounded by different songs, i think it would work better. Would have liked another coutry tune on there as Ronnie was at his best on pedal steel during that era (see Far Away Eyes), and I think Down in the Hole is a MAJOR hidden Gem. to top it off, She's So COld is my favorite studio stones song.
January 24th, 2006 12:37 AM
Zack
quote:
voodoopug wrote:
to top it off, She's So COld is my favorite studio stones song.

Whoa, Pug, that's a strong statement about a song with a heavy dub vibe and a rather silly lyric that repeats the word "cold" 38 times in a catalog with a dozen or more songs considered the greatest by any group.

Can you elaborate on why it's your favorite? Just curious. I like the tune (put it on a mix right next to She Was Hot)but not THAT much.
January 24th, 2006 01:02 AM
Dutch Michael D. BTB os Better than ABB !!!
i listen to BTB everyday, i never listen to ABB, it's so boring!!!

Michael
January 24th, 2006 10:54 AM
JuanTCB Little trivia fact - Jamie Muhoberac's father, Larry, was Elvis' piano player during his first couple of Vegas stints (pre-Glen Hardin).

Nice pedigree!
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)