ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2005 - 2006

Savvis Centre, St.Louis, Mo - January 27 2006
© Karen Elshout thanks moy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Who the f*ck is Soulive??????????? Return to archive
January 22nd, 2006 10:30 PM
zonked77 Of course the Stones is the reason I'll be heading out into the night this upcoming Friday, but can anyone tell me who the f*ck is Soulive??

Soulive is opening for them here in St. Louis. Has anyone heard of them? Are they any good at all??

Tiffani
January 22nd, 2006 11:06 PM
MikeyC613 I recently saw Soullive at Ram's Head in Baltimore. They're a Jazz trio from Boston, and play a variety of styles, funk, fusion, and are for the most part instrumental. Charlie may be pumped to check them out. Their music wears on your after about half an hour, but any type of jazz does that to me. They should be fine for an opening act, they're all great musicians. The drummer and keyboardist are brothers.
January 22nd, 2006 11:26 PM
Riffhard Sounds like more time to get yourself tuned up prior to the Stones hittin' the stage from my perspective.

Riffhard
January 23rd, 2006 12:08 AM
Rolling1 if stones needed to have fusion jazz the lounge lizards would have been better act by far. Ticket prices out the roof and this is what the stones throw at us. Could mick explain why chuck berry was not asked along with johnny johnson's band for a little bit of r.r. something the stones seem to have forgotten lately.
January 23rd, 2006 01:07 AM
CraigP Trust me, the Stones have been rocking, at leat in Bahston.
I don't come to the shows for the opening act, although they have had some great ones in my opinion, such as G'N'R, Blind Melon and Pearl Jam. We were lucky that the 90's (and hopefully this decade) produced some good classic rock.
[Edited by CraigP]
January 23rd, 2006 02:17 AM
Rolling1 i've seen 2 shows this tour chicago & memphis both shows were great but my 1st show was 1978 at keil opera house. Since then i've seen every tour with multiple shows on most of them. To me, the set list for this tour is weak. Stones catalog go's on for hours if not a day or 2 but we get the same 10-12 songs every show. Mix it up, where is, bitch, when the whip comes down, happy, all down the line, twenty flight rock, let it bleed, she's go cold, hang fire, black limousine, route 66, i could go on and on. For the cost of these tickets we should get better song selection and far better opening acts than soulive.
January 23rd, 2006 02:19 AM
zonked77 Thanks for the info. I don't mind a little jazz, but I admit jazz fusion drives my nerves batty after a while. Maybe that will work in my favor, I'll be all loopy and out of my head when The Stones take the stage lol.

I agree, Chuck Berry for instance would have been a great choice, that would kick ass. Though maybe Chuck would have
had a hang up about opening but hell, it would have been a much better pay day than I could boast of lol.

Tiffani

quote:
Rolling1 wrote:
if stones needed to have fusion jazz the lounge lizards would have been better act by far. Ticket prices out the roof and this is what the stones throw at us. Could mick explain why chuck berry was not asked along with johnny johnson's band for a little bit of r.r. something the stones seem to have forgotten lately.

[Edited by zonked77]
January 23rd, 2006 02:28 AM
zonked77 Well this will be my 3rd show and compared to the last two I saw this is definitely the most diverse setlist. You are right though, there are so many other great songs fans would love to hear. I also think for tickets ranging from $60-$450, depending on the city, the show should be longer, including some dusty gems.
It would blow my mind if they busted out with Jigsaw Puzzle. I would LOVE to hear that live!!

Tiffani

quote:
Rolling1 wrote:
i've seen 2 shows this tour chicago & memphis both shows were great but my 1st show was 1978 at keil opera house. Since then i've seen every tour with multiple shows on most of them. To me, the set list for this tour is weak. Stones catalog go's on for hours if not a day or 2 but we get the same 10-12 songs every show. Mix it up, where is, bitch, when the whip comes down, happy, all down the line, twenty flight rock, let it bleed, she's go cold, hang fire, black limousine, route 66, i could go on and on. For the cost of these tickets we should get better song selection and far better opening acts than soulive.

January 23rd, 2006 06:57 AM
FPM C10 Soulive opened at the Tower in '02. I thought they were from Philly.

Wherever they're from, they blew. They sounded like they should've been playing a Holiday Inn lounge somewhere.
January 23rd, 2006 09:12 AM
Joey
quote:
Riffhard wrote:
Sounds like more time to get yourself tuned up prior to the Stones hittin' the stage from my perspective.

Riffhard

Man you said it .................... why bother with these opening acts ?
January 23rd, 2006 10:37 AM
Jumping Jack More time to party in Hotlanta!!!!
January 23rd, 2006 11:10 AM
gimmekeef The last time I watched an opening act for The Stones was Stevie Wonder in 1972!....Soulive?...yeah right!...More time to get in the mood for the real deal!
January 23rd, 2006 11:27 AM
Joey
quote:
Jumping Jack wrote:
More time to party in Hotlanta!!!!

Damn Straight My Stonesian Brother .........
January 23rd, 2006 11:38 AM
Jumping Jack Joeykins, you'll have to drink will both hands to get ready in time. Brooks and Dunn will put on a great show for you, don't miss them! The Qwest deserves the best!!!
January 23rd, 2006 11:48 AM
Joey
quote:
Jumping Jack wrote:
Brooks and Dunn will put on a great show for you, don't miss them!

Nine !!!!

NINEA !!!!!!

The Joey don't play that " Brooks & Dunn " thang !!!!

For Jumping Jack :

January 23rd, 2006 04:27 PM
zonked77 This should be amusing....lol

Tiffani

quote:
FPM C10 wrote:
Soulive opened at the Tower in '02. I thought they were from Philly.

Wherever they're from, they blew. They sounded like they should've been playing a Holiday Inn lounge somewhere.

January 23rd, 2006 04:52 PM
Saint Sway Soulive are excellent. Even if jazz fusion isnt your bag, theres no denying that they are very talented trio. They can throw down live.

They're at their best in a small club. That said, they're a horrible pick for a Stones opener. Way too hipster for the typical Stones crowd. And will be lost in a large arena.

would of been an interesting opener for a club gig like Roseland
January 23rd, 2006 10:27 PM
GhostofBrianJones Have been trying to get my friend to call his brother Jimmy who
plays bass with Chuck Berry for a few weeks now. If he comes
over here maybe tomorrow I will attempt again to encourage
a phone call. I think Chuck might be on tour now but not certain.

If I can get Cal off of his butt, maybe we can go see the Stones
from a different angle. I am sure his bro has met the RS. Been
with CB since 1973 I think. Oh well can't hurt trying.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)