ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2005 - 2006

Savvis Centre, St.Louis, Mo - January 27 2006
© Karen Elshout thanks moy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Theatre Shows Idea.... Return to archive
January 22nd, 2006 04:47 PM
RollingstonesUSA How about after the actual tour, they do a House Of Blues tour in America, and go to every House Of Blues....Now that would be awesome....
January 22nd, 2006 05:24 PM
voodoopug
quote:
RollingstonesUSA wrote:
How about after the actual tour, they do a House Of Blues tour in America, and go to every House Of Blues....Now that would be awesome....

sadly, this would never happen, it would cost them to to do this tour. The only reason we got theatres in 2002-2003 is that the costs were made up with the stadium shows, arena shows and tickets sold to brokers.
January 22nd, 2006 05:44 PM
Moonisup as keith said to chuck berry: no money in it
January 23rd, 2006 11:41 AM
gimmekeef Theater shows were never in the mix...nice gimmick to sell DVD in 2002/03...and some great shows...but been there done that..Besides who could afford the $8500.00 per ticket cost?....plus "convenience" fees?......lol
January 23rd, 2006 11:44 AM
speedfreakjive
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:
Theater shows were never in the mix...nice gimmick to sell DVD in 2002/03...and some great shows...but been there done that..Besides who could afford the $8500.00 per ticket cost?....plus "convenience" fees?......lol

As much as the cost is bollocks, I think it would be the ultimate Stones' experience if you could afford it.
January 23rd, 2006 11:52 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
speedfreakjive wrote:

As much as the cost is bollocks, I think it would be the ultimate Stones' experience if you could afford it.

Sure It is!
Theatre and Arena shows are the best places to catch them.
My life has totally changed since Bercy 2003 (3rd row, Keith's side, Rocks off )!!
January 23rd, 2006 11:57 AM
speedfreakjive
quote:
Jumacfly wrote:

Sure It is!
Theatre and Arena shows are the best places to catch them.
My life has totally changed since Bercy 2003 (3rd row, Keith's side, Rocks off )!!

was that a theatre gig, or arena? I saw them at Manchester 2003, I was about 5 rows from the B-Stage, but the arena has awful acoustics.
January 23rd, 2006 12:28 PM
Dan The reason for the Licks theatre shows was a bait n switch to sell $100 fan club memberships. Theatre clubs were unnecessary this time because enough people were more than willing to fork over $100 without actually being promised anything.
January 23rd, 2006 12:55 PM
gimmekeef Good point Dan...next time around everyone will just sign up for $100...and they wont even tour!...nice work if you can get it....
January 23rd, 2006 12:57 PM
Jumping Jack Correct, and no refunds next time either!
January 23rd, 2006 01:46 PM
monkey_man Anyone know any more about the rumored Radio City show?
January 23rd, 2006 05:56 PM
Joey
quote:
monkey_man wrote:
Anyone know any more about the rumored Radio City show?

No.
January 24th, 2006 12:01 AM
Gazza
quote:
speedfreakjive wrote:

I dunno. The two theatre shows I've seen were excellent but its not like its a life changing experience. We're just so used to watching shows on screens in big venues that many make it out to be something more than it actually is in reality.

And if they play theatre shows on this tour, you can bet any money you like that its not going to be a setlist full of fan favourites and devoid of warhorses.

For me, while Astoria and Shepherds Bush were both fantastic experiences, the first Wembley Arena show 2 days after Astoria in 2003 was the best Stones show I've ever been at - and from a 9th row seat, I didnt have to be careful not to be crushed to death several times as was the case at the Astoria

[Edited by Gazza]
January 24th, 2006 12:08 AM
Gazza
quote:
RollingstonesUSA wrote:
How about after the actual tour, they do a House Of Blues tour in America, and go to every House Of Blues....Now that would be awesome....

I dont know about you, but if theyre going to play blues clubs, I'd personally prefer that they played authentic ones like the Checkerboard Lounge or other clubs with a bit of history and tradition to their name (Storyville in New Orleans, Roxy in LA etc) rather than a tour of 'theme bars' which are aimed at tourists
January 24th, 2006 02:39 PM
speedfreakjive
quote:
Gazza wrote:

I dunno. The two theatre shows I've seen were excellent but its not like its a life changing experience. We're just so used to watching shows on screens in big venues that many make it out to be something more than it actually is in reality.

And if they play theatre shows on this tour, you can bet any money you like that its not going to be a setlist full of fan favourites and devoid of warhorses.

For me, while Astoria and Shepherds Bush were both fantastic experiences, the first Wembley Arena show 2 days after Astoria in 2003 was the best Stones show I've ever been at - and from a 9th row seat, I didnt have to be careful not to be crushed to death several times as was the case at the Astoria

[Edited by Gazza]

The Astoria sounds a lot less civilised than the Olympia; the crowd seems quite sensible on 4 Flicks. I reckon if they did do a theatre show they would include most of the rare tracks played to date on this tour.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)