ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2005 - 2006

Savvis Centre, St.Louis, Mo - January 27 2006
© Karen Elshout thanks moy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Predictions for Chicago Return to archive
January 21st, 2006 10:59 PM
speedfreakjive I'd like to see Emotional Rescue debuted, but in reality we could be looking at Sway and ATGB again? This is good, but I haven't heard the MSG version yet, its not up on Dimeadozen yet.

Do you think there will be any more debuts; or is this it?
[Edited by speedfreakjive]
January 21st, 2006 11:24 PM
voodoopug
quote:
speedfreakjive wrote:
I'd like to see Emotional Rescue debuted, but in reality we could be looking at Sway and ATGB again? This is good, but I haven't heard the MSG version yet, its not up on Dimeadozen yet.

Do you think there will be any more debuts; or is this it?
[Edited by speedfreakjive]

i predict one more debut....they have been pretty consistant about debuting songs in chicago and boston and MSG were good starts. If no debuts, then i expect some songs that were not played in chi or Milwaukee. Something also tells me that we will see the return of Back of My Hand...anyway, these are the debuts in chicago i remember:

97: tour opener...all were debuts
2002: Walk and Dont look Back, Far Away Eyes, When The Whip Comes Down, The Worst, Little Red Rooster, Worried About You, I Just Wanna Make Love To You, Live With Me, Bitch
2003: Waiting On A Friend
January 22nd, 2006 12:08 AM
speedfreakjive 100 Years Ago was mentioned by Chuck as one they wanted to get round to playing, but I have doubts as to whether this song is well known enough.

I'd love to hear Stray Cat Blues; I thought it was one of the highlights of the theatre gig on 4 Flicks.

If only Keith would read the messages on RO that show most of us want him to play T&A. I'm not bothered about This Place Is Empty, I can't relate to it as a song. Happy has been overplayed to; All About You would be my choice of ballad.
January 22nd, 2006 10:58 AM
gimmekeef Keith needs to drop down to one song....Happy or Little T &A..or before they make me run...extend them out but drop the ballad mood killers...
January 22nd, 2006 12:39 PM
voodoopug
quote:
speedfreakjive wrote:
100 Years Ago was mentioned by Chuck as one they wanted to get round to playing, but I have doubts as to whether this song is well known enough.

I'd love to hear Stray Cat Blues; I thought it was one of the highlights of the theatre gig on 4 Flicks.

If only Keith would read the messages on RO that show most of us want him to play T&A. I'm not bothered about This Place Is Empty, I can't relate to it as a song. Happy has been overplayed to; All About You would be my choice of ballad.

I doubt we would see Stray Cat Blues as they played it at the 2002 Licks Arena show in Chicago and Chuck does look at previous shows in each city when putting together the setlist.

I expect one surprise song and a standard set, also depends if Mick has fully gotten over his cold, as when he is not feeling well, 20 song sets are more likely
January 22nd, 2006 12:55 PM
Riffhard
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:
Keith needs to drop down to one song....Happy or Little T &A..or before they make me run...extend them out but drop the ballad mood killers...

That's never gonna happen as it is in Keith's contract that he perform two songs. Also,whether we the fans like them or not Keith loves the torch songs so he's going to play one everytime. I personaly thought TPIE was pretty damned good. It did not kill the momentum at all for me because I know how much it means to Keith.

My only prediction for ChiTown is that it will be very hard to upstage the Garden shows. They were outstanding on every level. I'm sure you guys are in for a great night though because of the obvious influence that Chicago has had on the Stones sound. Perhaps you'll get "I'm a King Bee"? That would be stunning! Maybe "I Just Wanna Make Love to You"?

Riffy
January 22nd, 2006 01:11 PM
speedfreakjive
quote:
Riffhard wrote:

That's never gonna happen as it is in Keith's contract that he perform two songs. Also,whether we the fans like them or not Keith loves the torch songs so he's going to play one everytime. I personaly thought TPIE was pretty damned good. It did not kill the momentum at all for me because I know how much it means to Keith.

My only prediction for ChiTown is that it will be very hard to upstage the Garden shows. They were outstanding on every level. I'm sure you guys are in for a great night though because of the obvious influence that Chicago has had on the Stones sound. Perhaps you'll get "I'm a King Bee"? That would be stunning! Maybe "I Just Wanna Make Love to You"?

Riffy

I agree, in retrospect; I saw the video of TPIE at Boston, i think, and it was pretty damned good.
January 22nd, 2006 02:44 PM
West 8 Maybe they will debut Winter for the windy city of Chicago.
January 22nd, 2006 04:36 PM
RollingstonesUSA 1.Satisfaction
2.Let's Spend The Night Together
3.Rough Justice
4.Oh No, Not You Again
5.Hang Fire
6.Worried About You
7.Winter
8.Midnight Rambler
9.Gimme Shelter
10.Tumbling Dice
11.This Place Is Empty
12.Happy
13.Miss You(To B-Stage)
14.Just Wanna Make Love To You(B-Stage)
15.Get Off Of My Cloud(B-Stage) I wish they would change this one
16.Honky Tonk Women(Back To Main Stage)
17.Sympathy For The Devil
18.Start Me Up
19.Jumpin' Jack Flash
20.Brown Sugar

"ENCORE"
21.You Can't Always Get What You Want
22.It's Only Rock 'N' Roll
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)