ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2005 - 2006

Savvis Centre, St.Louis, Mo - January 27 2006
© Karen Elshout thanks moy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: If BB King Can at 80!! ??? Return to archive
January 20th, 2006 03:07 PM
gimmekeef BB King to make last world tour at 80!....There's hope for our boys!...lol
B.B. King Plans One More World Tour Fri Jan 20, 9:12 AM ET

LOS ANGELES - While other 80-year-olds might dust off their rockers, blues dynamo B.B. King will be rocking and rolling when he launches what he says will be his final world tour later this year.

ADVERTISEMENT

King will begin an international "Farewell Tour" in March, part of a domestic tour that starts Feb. 16 in Chicago, King's publicist, Jerry Digney, said in a news release Wednesday.

King said he will continue to make U.S. concert appearances after the tour.

"I hardly remember I'm 80 unless I have to run up a hill or stairs," the singer and guitarist said . "As long as people buy my records and come to my concerts, I don't see anything else I'd like to do."

King has toured every year for 60 years, Digney said Thursday.

The musician celebrated his 80th birthday in September and released an album, "B.B. King & Friends — 80," featuring Eric Clapton, Elton John, Sheryl Crow and other musicians.

A $10 million B.B. King museum is slated to open later this year in the Grammy winner's native Mississippi.

"I think the clock is ticking, yes," King said. "In fact, I know it is. Frank Sinatra sang about the September of (his) years. I think I'm in the November of my years."

January 20th, 2006 04:06 PM
the good No way the Stones will tour as a rock band when they are 80. I have never really bought the bluesman/rock performer analogy that Keith is so fond of. There is just no way Mick will be strutting around singing JJF when he is 80 years old. Yeah, I know people have been saying they will never tour when they are 50, 60 etc, but there is a HUGE difference between being 60 or even 65 and 80. If they are still together in 10 or 15 years, the Stones may do some blues shows or something, but the their days as a touring R&R band are, sadly, quite numbered. Even the good things in life must come to an end...
January 20th, 2006 04:13 PM
gimmekeef Yes good....you are correct....but remember:

"Lose your dreams and you'll lose your mind"....
January 20th, 2006 04:34 PM
PolkSalad
quote:
the good wrote:
No way the Stones will tour as a rock band when they are 80. I have never really bought the bluesman/rock performer analogy that Keith is so fond of. There is just no way Mick will be strutting around singing JJF when he is 80 years old. Yeah, I know people have been saying they will never tour when they are 50, 60 etc, but there is a HUGE difference between being 60 or even 65 and 80. If they are still together in 10 or 15 years, the Stones may do some blues shows or something, but the their days as a touring R&R band are, sadly, quite numbered. Even the good things in life must come to an end...

very true, a bluesman can age gracefully
January 20th, 2006 07:36 PM
mrhipfl I have so much respect for King, he's so classy. And one hell of an artist too
January 20th, 2006 11:43 PM
PeerQueer This tour is the swan-song for the Stones big-tour days.

Smaller mini-tours perhaps, short term gigs, but no more big year-long road trips.

Ah well, it's been a great run.

Rumor is Keith has plans for a solo outing after this Stones affair wraps up, so that might prove pretty cool.

And Ronnie has GOT to hook up with Rod for that Strum and Sing concept that's been banging about for the last few years. I would pay top dollar to see that gig. Mr. Wood exudes so much more confident when he is around Rod - he's a different animal performance-wise - though the last few Stones tours have made him a very wealthy man, so I don't think he is complaining.

It's been a great run - and they will go out breaking their own largest grossing tour record.

Unfortunately, Bon Jovi now views the Stones as an inspiration and will be touring well into 2020...
January 22nd, 2006 02:55 PM
Ten Thousand Motels > There is just no way Mick will be strutting around singing JJF when he is 80 years old.<

I wouldn't count on it. I've see some pretty spry 80 year olds. And as long as Mick can he will.
January 22nd, 2006 05:35 PM
IzzyStradlin They are making huge asses of themselves as it is, why not add on a couple more decades and really fuck things up.

It's so over.
January 22nd, 2006 06:10 PM
the good
quote:
IzzyStradlin wrote:
They are making huge asses of themselves as it is, why not add on a couple more decades and really fuck things up.

I don't think they are. This has been a great tour, except for the AMA debacle. I hope they really nail the half-time show at the superbowl.
January 23rd, 2006 02:33 AM
zonked77 But think, it could be worse...
The Stones could be Kiss. This is coming from a devout KISS fan; there is no other band on earth at the moment that has disgraced its legacy more.

And as far as Rod Stewert goes, he's turned into Wayne Newton on us...

Tiffani

quote:
IzzyStradlin wrote:
They are making huge asses of themselves as it is, why not add on a couple more decades and really fuck things up.

It's so over.

[Edited by zonked77]
January 23rd, 2006 03:49 PM
mrhipfl I think if they're still around at 80, they'll be doing Ed Sullivan-like shows. smaller stages, less noise, more intimate.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)