ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2005 - 2006

Savvis Centre, St.Louis, Mo - January 27 2006
© Karen Elshout thanks moy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: I Have Been Shaken to the Core.... Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
January 18th, 2006 09:39 PM
gypsymofo60 Heard that! Jack lives here too.
January 19th, 2006 03:33 PM
DAVINO
quote:
pdog wrote:
We're geeks, I'm sorry you had to find out this way. Someone I know compared what we do, to what Dead Heads did.
I had to set them straight.
A. We have money.
B. We shower and wear clean clothes.
C. The Stones kick as and The Dead sucked ass.

never mind
[Edited by DAVINO]
January 19th, 2006 07:41 PM
Left Shoe Shuffle
quote:
pdog wrote:
We're geeks, I'm sorry you had to find out this way. Someone I know compared what we do, to what Dead Heads did.
I had to set them straight.
A. We have money.
B. We shower and wear clean clothes.
C. The Stones kick as and The Dead sucked ass.

Yeah, but just try to get goo balls, hand blown glassware, Guatemalan duds, or kind veggie burritos being sold from the back of a VW bus in the lot at a Stones show.
January 19th, 2006 09:27 PM
DAVINO The Stones are not comparable to The Dead. The Stones play basically the same songs every show of a tour, The Dead never played the same show twice.
January 19th, 2006 10:12 PM
lotsajizz for fans of one to put down the other speaks to the insecurities of the fans

January 19th, 2006 11:39 PM
Brainbell Jangler pdog--
Dissin' the Dead and their colorful fans was not your finest moment.
Have a fuck of a great time in the Big Apple, though!
January 19th, 2006 11:47 PM
voodoopug
quote:
DAVINO wrote:
The Stones are not comparable to The Dead. The Stones play basically the same songs every show of a tour, The Dead never played the same show twice.

Add the Grateful Dead to the ever growing list of other bands we must praise on this site...I fear that Barry Manilow is next.
January 19th, 2006 11:57 PM
Brainbell Jangler
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

Add the Grateful Dead to the ever growing list of other bands we must praise on this site...I fear that Barry Manilow is next.

Grateful Dead to Barry Manilow? Welcome to the jb School of Non Sequitur.
January 20th, 2006 12:03 AM
voodoopug
quote:
Brainbell Jangler wrote:

Grateful Dead to Barry Manilow? Welcome to the jb School of Non Sequitur.

it is sad how this board has turned into a "Praise every band out there" message board. In the last month, i have read how great the following bands are:

U2
Macca
Grateful Dead
The Who (whom i think are great)
Led Zeppelin
The Beatles
Spice Girls
Motley Crue
Bon Jovi

the list goes on and on. I bet if we went to a U2 message board and posted about how wonderful the stones were, we would get flamed right out of there!
January 20th, 2006 12:30 AM
Brainbell Jangler
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

it is sad how this board has turned into a "Praise every band out there" message board. In the last month, i have read how great the following bands are:

U2
Macca
Grateful Dead
The Who (whom i think are great)
Led Zeppelin
The Beatles
Spice Girls
Motley Crue
Bon Jovi

the list goes on and on. I bet if we went to a U2 message board and posted about how wonderful the stones were, we would get flamed right out of there!

I'll take that bet. I just visited a site called "U2 Station" and read a thread about the Stones 10-05-05 show at MCI Center. The thread featured very pro-Stones remarks by a poster called "Exile on 2nd St."
January 20th, 2006 12:35 AM
voodoopug
quote:
Brainbell Jangler wrote:

I'll take that bet. I just visited a site called "U2 Station" and read a thread about the Stones 10-05-05 show at MCI Center. The thread featured very pro-Stones remarks by a poster called "Exile on 2nd St."

Let Exile's post fester there a bit...it will be attacked.

i hate U2!
January 20th, 2006 12:36 AM
voodoopug I am very tired now...have a pleasant evening Brainbell!
January 20th, 2006 12:39 AM
Brainbell Jangler Thanks, pug, you too. I'm in Pacific time, so it's not too late here. BTW, there were a couple more Stones-related threads on that U2 site.
January 20th, 2006 12:42 AM
Brainbell Jangler
quote:
Brainbell Jangler wrote:
Thanks, pug, you too. I'm in Pacific time, so it's not too late here. BTW, there were a couple more Stones-related threads on that U2 site.

"You too." That pun was entirely unintentional, mate.
January 20th, 2006 12:55 AM
speedfreakjive Ha, look, I'll be the first to admit that by enlarge u2 fans are boring suckers. I'm not going to join a u2 forum. u2; great rock 'n' roll, but no sex or drugs
January 20th, 2006 01:24 AM
Brainbell Jangler
quote:
speedfreakjive wrote:
Ha, look, I'll be the first to admit that by enlarge u2 fans are boring suckers. I'm not going to join a u2 forum. u2; great rock 'n' roll, but no sex or drugs

I didn't "join" anything. I took a peak at a U2 site to test voodoopug's assertion that a pro-Stones post would get flamed there. I have reported my findings, which contradict vp's claim.
January 20th, 2006 01:27 AM
speedfreakjive No worries, most u2 fans are too "nice" to slag other bands off.
January 20th, 2006 08:16 AM
Factory Girl I helped come up with term "summit" for our real-life fests.

A summit is an official, pre-planned and pre-determined meeting of the national leaders. The term summit was originally coined in the Cold war era.

A summit is an good description for a multi-national gathering of the Stones fans.

The question is- Who wants be our Gorbachev?
January 20th, 2006 08:25 AM
speedfreakjive
quote:
Factory Girl wrote:
I helped come up with term "summit" for our real-life fests.

A summit is an official, pre-planned and pre-determined meeting of the national leaders. The term summit was originally coined in the Cold war era.

A summit is an good description for a multi-national gathering of the Stones fans.

The question is- Who wants be our Gorbachev?

Good question; I'm sure Gazza would oblige. I guess we'll get organised as the time draws nearer.
January 20th, 2006 09:38 AM
glencar Maxy is our Reagan, for sure!
January 20th, 2006 09:40 AM
Joey
" Springtime for Hitler and Germany,
Deutschland is happy and gay.
We're marching to a faster pace,
Look out, here comes the master race.

Springtime for Hitler and Germany,
Winter for Poland and France.
Springtime for Hitler and Germany,
Come on, Germans, go into your dance ...

I was born in Dusseldorf, and that is why they call me Rolf.
Don't be stupid, be a smarty, come and join the Nazi party.

Springtime for Hitler and Germany
(Gun fires twice)
Goose-step's the new step today
(Machine gun fires)
Bombs falling from the skies again,
(Bomb falls and explodes)
Deutschland is on the rise again

U-boats are sailing once more
[woman's voice]: "Well! Talk about bad taste!"
Means ... that ... soon we'll be going ...
We've got to be going ...
You know we'll be going to ... WAR! "

http://www.wilder.narod.ru/thumbprod/lyrics_songs/sprsong.html

January 20th, 2006 10:41 AM
Factory Girl Gazza for Gorbachev? Gazza is a vital part of our enlightened Triumvirate leadership.

The Rocks Off Troika-Gazza, VooDoo & Jaxxy.
January 20th, 2006 11:11 AM
FPM C10
quote:
glencar wrote:
Maxy is our Reagan, for sure!

He's gone senile? Man! I'm sorry to hear that. He used to be minty fresh.

Are you sure he's not your W?
January 20th, 2006 11:32 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:

You see, these wine geeks...think the dude in Sideways who DOESN'T get laid and ends up drinking a $400.00 bottle of wine in a burger joint BY HIMSELF...they get together in real life for big wine parties. Yes.

with all the respect due Sir, I know people who pay 450$ to attend a warhorses show, the same than last year, who was the same than last year and quite similar to the last one.
It s just a matter of taste,like opinions, sex....
Just my 2 cents off.
January 20th, 2006 11:35 AM
glencar Besides, didn't he bang the Virginia Madsen character & then end up with her at the end?
January 20th, 2006 11:40 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
glencar wrote:
Besides, didn't he bang the Virginia Madsen character & then end up with her at the end?

Hi Blue!
Virginia Madsen was hot!!
January 20th, 2006 11:55 AM
Joey
quote:
Jumacfly wrote:

Hi Blue!
Virginia Madsen was hot!!

Still is ................. even at age Forty Five .

D.J. Jerky Joe Joe

[Edited by Joey]
January 20th, 2006 03:11 PM
Joey

W- W- W- What ?!?!

Jacky
|
|
V

“There he goes. One of God’s own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

[Edited by Joey]
January 20th, 2006 11:30 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Brainbell Jangler wrote:

I didn't "join" anything. I took a peak at a U2 site to test voodoopug's assertion that a pro-Stones post would get flamed there. I have reported my findings, which contradict vp's claim.

I really like the fact that instead of flaming back, you did research and produced facts to assert your positions....let it be known though that the poster you credited with the pro stones post is a shidoobee member!

Cheers mate!
January 21st, 2006 02:09 AM
Brainbell Jangler Thanks, voodoopug. And I think it's great that a Shidoobee is preaching the Stones gospel in U2 land. BTW, how 'bout them MSG setlists, eh? Pretty fucking amazing band, even at this point.
Page: 1 2 3
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)