ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2005 - 2006

Savvis Centre, St.Louis, Mo - January 27 2006
© Karen Elshout thanks moy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: I Have Been Shaken to the Core.... Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
January 18th, 2006 12:39 PM
Sir Stonesalot Summit.

We came up with that way back when. Long ago. Back in the day.

That is what it's called. I guess it was called a "glimmerfest" before that. But that was just to gay for Stones fans. Reminds too much of the Billy Preston cock dance.

So when the mighty C10 gathered in Cleveland it was dubbed a "summit". Aptly named. It was as it should be. And in our Stones online world, that is what the accepted name has become for our little pre-concert get togethers. It's a meeting of superpostingpowers. It's a summit. In every sense of the word. Right on. It's not even one of those things where there is a gray area. It is what it is and it is a summit.

So what do I find out yesterday? Besides that my Mom got me a subscription to Food & Wine magazine, I mean. Well inside said magazine there was an article. Just a little 2 pager. Almost a snippet. It was about wine geeks who post at wine message boards. Yeah, I know. They got message boards for wine geeks. But it gets worse. Much worse.

You see, these wine geeks...think the dude in Sideways who DOESN'T get laid and ends up drinking a $400.00 bottle of wine in a burger joint BY HIMSELF...they get together in real life for big wine parties. Yes. That is right dear Rocks Off-er. They have wine tasting summits. But they don't call them summits. They call them...are you ready for this...they call the venerable summit an OFFLINE.

Offline? OFFLINE??? WTF is THAT shit???

No matter that they call it something geeky. What I found disturbing was...WINE GEEKS ARE TRYING TO BE LIKE US!!!! And in doing so, they are casting a very geeky light on us.

I can think of only one way to combat the attack of the wine geeks. We must go to these wine geek message boards and stomp them into little series of 1's and 0's. Stomp 'em like a tub of grapes. And we must BAN wine at our summits. Maybe we should wear shirts that says "NOT A WINE GEEK" on it.

Anyhow, I did my part. I ritually burned my copy of Food & Wine magazine. I offered it in smoke to the rock & roll gods. Link Wray smiled down on me. I doused the flames with my urine. Oh, while I was communing with the rock n roll gods, Brian Jones found me and said to destroy that gawdawful bust of him that is in that strip mall courtyard.

So I say we declare war on the wine geeks.

Who is with me!!!!!???!!!!!
January 18th, 2006 12:55 PM
Saint Sway that sounds really lame.

not the wine parties. But your little he-man wine haters club.

I'm struggling right now to think of anything geekier or more 4th grade.
January 18th, 2006 12:58 PM
Angiegirl I like geeky. It's ok.
January 18th, 2006 12:59 PM
scope So SS, you going Offline later in the week?
January 18th, 2006 01:54 PM
pdog We're geeks, I'm sorry you had to find out this way. Someone I know compared what we do, to what Dead Heads did.
I had to set them straight.
A. We have money.
B. We shower and wear clean clothes.
C. The Stones kick as and The Dead sucked ass.
January 18th, 2006 02:33 PM
parmeda SS...I got your back, babe!

I loathe politically correct fuckers to begin with.

An "Offline" is just as bad as an "Off Site" (ie: business meetings held ANYWHERE but the fricken office!) I had an "off site" just this morning...jeez, just tell me where to be and at what fucking time already!

Send me a few wine board links...I'll torment the bastages...I'm in one of those kinda moods
January 18th, 2006 02:44 PM
charlotte hey, if Angie likes geeky...I like geeky!!!!

SS is a living legend!
January 18th, 2006 02:50 PM
Nellcote Sorry can't resist...
SS should stop whining!
There, I said it, blast away...
Hey Parmy, I guess the relive of 85 Super Bowl is not to be...what a drag it is to know what could've been.
January 18th, 2006 03:08 PM
Candace Youngblood
quote:
pdog wrote:
We're geeks, I'm sorry you had to find out this way. Someone I know compared what we do, to what Dead Heads did.
A. We have money.

Well, pdog, at least you can admit your geekiness.

I would be willing to argue those three points, though. I think Deadheads make just as much money as Stones fans, and also they have an advantage because the Dead no longer tour and cannot gouge their fans with bloated ticket prices.
Most Deadheads I know do not smell bad and regularly change their clothes. It's the Phish fans that stink.

In fact, I think if you just replace "Dead heads" with "Phish heads" your argument is much stronger.

P.S. You guys are ALL geeks, especially SS and FPM. They reek of geekiness.

P.S.S. I like Phish but I take regular showers.
January 18th, 2006 03:09 PM
Joey

C " FRIGGIN " 10 RULES !!!!!
January 18th, 2006 03:38 PM
pdog
quote:
Candace Youngblood wrote:

Well, pdog, at least you can admit your geekiness.

I would be willing to argue those three points, though. I think Deadheads make just as much money as Stones fans, and also they have an advantage because the Dead no longer tour and cannot gouge their fans with bloated ticket prices.
Most Deadheads I know do not smell bad and regularly change their clothes. It's the Phish fans that stink.

In fact, I think if you just replace "Dead heads" with "Phish heads" your argument is much stronger.

P.S. You guys are ALL geeks, especially SS and FPM. They reek of geekiness.

P.S.S. I like Phish but I take regular showers.

Yes! I accept your friendly ammendment... I did not fully think out post before submitting it.
January 18th, 2006 03:40 PM
FPM C10
quote:
Joey wrote:

C " FRIGGIN " 10 RULES !!!!!

AMEN to that, brother! The C10 stand as a proud monument to the brotherhood born of Stonesiness and drinking booze together. What the Stones hast brung together, let no man put asunder! No matter WHAT, I know my C10 brothers have my back! Nothing can stop us! Wheeee haw!

...er...

You know, my better half is right. I geek of reekiness.
January 18th, 2006 03:54 PM
lotsajizz
quote:
pdog wrote:
We're geeks, I'm sorry you had to find out this way. Someone I know compared what we do, to what Dead Heads did.
A. We have money.

a key difference you did not mention was that the Dead fans never spoke shit about fans of other bands....
As a proud 100 show Deadhead I can confirm that you are wrong on all counts. Specifically the Stones kick 'ass'.

btw, what trauma is it in your life that you have this ugly recurring 'bash the Dead' fit like clockwork every month?

the Dead's versions of 'Satisfaction' 'It's All Over Now' and 'Last Time' totally rock out!!

as does Jerry's "Wild Horses"...shit he was performing it even before the Stones released it!

[Edited by lotsajizz]
January 18th, 2006 04:02 PM
Joey " The C10 stand as a proud monument to the brotherhood born of Stonesiness and drinking booze together. What the Stones hast brung together, let no man put asunder! No matter WHAT, I know my C10 brothers have my back! Nothing can stop us! Wheeee haw!"

Damn Straight My Liberal C10 Brother ....NOTHING can stop us .... EVER !!!!!!!

" You know, my better half is right. I geek of reekiness. "

Sure beats my Smelly Ass !

" Howard took a call from former mobster, Henry Hill, who said he had a sore throat and couldn’t talk long. When Henry congratulated Howard on his move to SIRIUS, Robin congratulated Henry on once again getting out of jail. Henry responded that his latest stint in the slammer was a result of police finding two syringes in his luggage at the airport, with one of them having a trace of methamphetamine and the other cocaine. Despite his arrest, Henry insisted that he didn’t know the syringes were in his bag, and that he used them to paint, not to do drugs.

A PAINFUL NIGHT

One of Henry’s harshest critics, Pauly, got on the line and immediately began criticizing Henry for ratting out his fellow-mobsters the way he did. Gary then came into the studio and announced that he heard Henry had taken up drinking again because of a tape that’s rumored to exist. Gary went on to explain that he’s heard there’s video footage of Henry being raped by a pair of guys, a rumor that Henry admitted was true. Henry went on to say that in the middle of last summer, he met these guys at a bar, and that they slipped something into his drink. Henry added that, once he passed out, the men took him into the woods to do their deed. After
hearing the story, Gary wondered if the act was actually a rape or if it was consensual. Henry responded that he didn’t know what was happening and was in fact raped, although he did add that the men used a sex toy to rape him and not any part of their bodies.

THE CAMERA NEVER LIES

Gary reminded Henry that, back in 2002, he admitted on the show that he once orally serviced a man, so he wasn’t sure whether the alleged sex act was voluntary or not. Henry replied to Gary’s charge by claiming that the admission he gave about the oral sex wasn’t true before once again insisting that what happened to him on the tape was against his will. Henry also pointed out that he has no recollection of what occurred to him after he was drugged, but was sure the event transpired, even though he said he’s never seen the tape. Gary then announced that he received word of the tape a few months ago, but that the people who tipped him off couldn’t send in a copy. However, Gary added that he was given stills of the footage, so someone does have access to the tape. Upon hearing that, Howard replied that he’d try to get a copy of the tape for iNDEMAND. "

http://www.howardstern.com/rundown.php

January 18th, 2006 04:07 PM
Candace Youngblood I like when the Stones cover that Phish song "Loving Cup."

It's heady, brah.
January 18th, 2006 04:09 PM
FPM C10 They also do several Black Crowes songs, like Street Fightin' Man and Can't You Hear Me Knockin' !!!

January 18th, 2006 04:22 PM
Starbuck ah, the C10...formerly a juggernaut, now a pale shadow of its former self....

"ah cleveland, we hardly knew ye..."

January 18th, 2006 04:25 PM
Highwire Rob Wine Geeks are pooftahs

but X-PENSIVE WINOS Rock!
January 18th, 2006 04:42 PM
parmeda
quote:
Nellcote wrote:
Sorry can't resist...
SS should stop whining!
There, I said it, blast away...
Hey Parmy, I guess the relive of 85 Super Bowl is not to be...what a drag it is to know what could've been.

I swear, Nelly...I'm giving up Chicago sports and taking up needlepointing to consume my weekends, lol

...such a disappointment.

But, it didn't surprise me. I knew it would be too good to be true. And I didn't think it was time for the first African-American head coach to win a Super Bowl. It's just not "time" yet, lmao

Saying that, this town wants to hang Lovie from the highest tree limb!
January 18th, 2006 04:49 PM
Nellcote Parmy, there's always next year.
Take this from a Red Sox fan, knowing full well you are in Chicago....
I see many silver linings in the Bears
which, while close to the matter may not
seem possible, are.
Led Zepp said it best on the 1st lp...
"Your Time Is Gonna Come...."
Ciao!
January 18th, 2006 04:52 PM
parmeda Nelly, honey....

It's all part of that whole "curse" thing!

I ask you: "What are baby bears called?"

...'nuff said
January 18th, 2006 04:55 PM
Nellcote At least Nomar is gone.
He did not help the matter.
When he left, we won.
Here's hoping the same happens for the Cubs..
January 18th, 2006 07:09 PM
Sir Stonesalot You know, why do I even bother.

I put up an obvious spoof, and some of ya's...well, ya missed it. Whining. Sheesh.

Oh wait...whining...wine...wining....

Nevermind.
January 18th, 2006 07:13 PM
Sir Stonesalot Oh, and one other thing...

By definition, there is nothing geeky about being a Stones fan. In fact, we are the opposite of geeky.

Just the fact that you choose to post here makes you cooler than yer average bear.

And that is the facts JACK!
January 18th, 2006 07:19 PM
speedfreakjive
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
Oh, and one other thing...

By definition, there is nothing geeky about being a Stones fan. In fact, we are the opposite of geeky.

Just the fact that you choose to post here makes you cooler than yer average bear.

And that is the facts JACK!

Correct; if you know your shit and post here, even better, i'm still learning about the finer points of the Stones. Put to shame by many.
January 18th, 2006 07:32 PM
gypsymofo60 Good to know when I told that "winegeek" back in 84 to remove his head from within the realm of his own posterior I was not alone.

I reserve this word for maximum effect- CUNTS!
And I meeeaannnn it MANNNN!

LOL! Still can't get over the old cock dance can ya?

"Where's Billy?"
"Billy's very open to offers."
January 18th, 2006 07:37 PM
Nellcote SS, forget the wine, go for the YUKON JACK!!!!
January 18th, 2006 07:51 PM
PolkSalad
quote:
Nellcote wrote:

January 1986. We got our Super Bowl and some of us got our World Series.
January 18th, 2006 09:36 PM
Sir Stonesalot >YUKON JACK<

Ick. Yukon Jack is nasty. I wouldn't drink that shit even if it was belly shots on Gypsy.

It was Rebel Yell Nelly. Wanna know a secret?

Rebel Yell is some nasty ass stuff too. It's like a mixture of gasoline, turpintine, and paint thinner.

I've tried a lot of different whiskey. I always end up back with Jack Daniels black label. Just something about it that I like.
January 18th, 2006 09:38 PM
Nellcote Yukon Jack this time of year brings back those thrilling days of yesteryear....
Page: 1 2 3
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)