ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2005 - 2006

Savvis Centre, St.Louis, Mo - January 27 2006
© Karen Elshout thanks moy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: KSHE95 this sunday playing all stones on 7th day Return to archive
January 17th, 2006 01:04 PM
Rolling1 KSHE95 is playing all stones on the 7th day show this sunday evening 6p-12a

"A Bigger Bang"
"Live Licks"
"Let It Bleed"
"Sticky Fingers"
"Some Girls"
and KSHE "Kollection of stones"

kshe is now back on the web www.kshe95.com. May i suggest getting a bottle of Jack, rolling a couple hog legs and turning the speakers up a couple levels. 10 days till the greatest R&R band brings the house down. Just too bad they didnt have chuck berry or johnnie johnsons band open for them or at least have them play a couple songs.... soulive "have mercy - "

January 18th, 2006 01:05 AM
KWarner Hey! Another St. Louis resident I assume? Are you going to the show? I saw them in Milwaukee too. We had bad seats and a guy said he worked for the promoter and upgraded us to 12th row!!!! It was one of those stories you hear about, but never have happen to you. I was able to find audio from the Milwaukee show, I hope there will be audio/video from the St. Louis show. Where are you sitting? Im way up there. My wife said if I go twice, im going cheap!!! Besides, I wont be able to beat my Milwaukee experience.
January 18th, 2006 08:47 AM
zonked77 Greetings,

St. Louis resident here also going to the show.
Do you know of any after-parties downtown maybe? I want to realy make a night out of it.

Tiffani
January 19th, 2006 01:58 AM
Barney Fife Tickets, tickets, spare tickets? $$$

Gotta see Keff one more time. Help a brother out, por favor.

Wild Bill in Wildwood.
January 19th, 2006 09:13 AM
Taptrick
For you K-SHE fans. Ever wonder where Sweet Meat came from? Check out this album from the late 60s. I asked Ulett and he confirmed the Bloodwyn Pig album is indeed the inspiration.

Man do I miss St. Louis. Raised in Florissant and Spanish Lake. Lived in Dog Town and Chesterfield in my early 20s. I still love to visit and catch Chuck Berry at Blueberry Hill or David Surkamp wherever he happens to be. Mama's Pride, JD Blackfoot, Danny Liston - that's Rock N' Roll.

January 19th, 2006 10:02 AM
Barney Fife Generally speaking KSHE sucks, as do most commercial rock stations.

The best station in St. Louis is, of course, KDHX.
January 19th, 2006 10:19 AM
Nasty Habits While KSHE, especially now, is a shadow of its former self, it had many key moments in Young Nasty's life in Montgomery City, MO. From the Brown Sugar backed late 70s "Mom, he's doing it again" "Again? Doing WHAT again?!?" commericials with rockin' air guitar grandma to the first time I ever heard the live Midnight Rambler from Ya-Ya's, KSHE taught me a lot about how the Stones were everything you could eer want in rock and roll.

Of course, I never understood the Sammy Hagar thing, but the bad goes with the good.

Just like on KDHX, which does, indeed, rule.

January 19th, 2006 09:52 PM
Taptrick Such negativity. Nobody ever said KSHE is kicking ass today. You don't have to like today's format to be a fan of its history. KSHE had some FM ground breaking years helping to introduce the world to original album oriented rock. As did KADI when it was K-A-D-I...the monster. WMRY even did some innovative stuff in the late 80s while owned by the Catholic Church. If you have an interest in St. Louis radio I suggest you check out Mike Anderson's site and links: http://stlradio.net/

[Edited by Taptrick]
January 20th, 2006 12:51 AM
KWarner I really dont enjoy any St. Louis radio, but I find some comfort in KSHE still being there. I too have many fond KSHE memories. I made myself a 3 cd set of my favorite "KSHE Classics" awhile back, and really enjoy it.
With that being said, I almost never listen to radio, more of a CD man. But, I really look forward to having satellite radio in the near future. I have Dish Network, and I get all the Sirius music stations on my tv. There is an all Stones station!!
January 20th, 2006 02:31 PM
Egbert I'm still pissed at K-SHE for denying me the Stooges throughout my adolescent years. I heard Poco (for example) way before I ever heard of the Stooges and that's just wrong. But that was the mid-late '70s - maybe they mixed it up more in the early days???

KDHX is indeed one the best stations in the land.

Hey all you current/former St. Louisans, what high school did you go to? Ha ha - just kidding.

[Edited by Egbert]
January 21st, 2006 12:06 AM
Barney Fife
quote:
Egbert wrote:
I'm still pissed at K-SHE for denying me the Stooges throughout my adolescent years. I heard Poco (for example) way before I ever heard of the Stooges and that's just wrong. But that was the mid-late '70s - maybe they mixed it up more in the early days???

KDHX is indeed one the best stations in the land.

Hey all you current/former St. Louisans, what high school did you go to? Ha ha - just kidding.

[Edited by Egbert]

I've only lived in Wildwood for seven years. I'm from Nebraska and have also lived in Colorado, Brazil, Texas and Chicago. I heard that "what high school did you go to" bullshit is popular around here.

Wild Bill
January 22nd, 2006 10:16 PM
zonked77 I agree for the most part although 106.5 "The Arch" plays a wide variety of music. I can actually for the most part drive without changing stations more than once listening to 106.5.

K-She is a tradition even though I'm not particularily fond of their playlist. Besides the fact that K-She plays too much 'new school,' I think they play too much Reo Speedwagon, Skynyrd, and ZZ Top. How many times do any of us need to hear Freebird, Gimme Three Steps or Tuesday's Gone? Because of K-She I hate those songs and most of the REO catalog.

K-She in one of the oldest rock n roll stations in the US, maybe it even is the oldest and at least K-She remains unlike so many other radio stations which have come and gone in the last few years especially.

Who remembers 97.1 "The Rock?" I heard that K-SHe got "The Rock" shut down because too many people were tuning out of K-She and into 97.1 The Rock was the best; Iron Maiden, classic Judus Priest, Alice Cooper, Triumph, classic Black Sabbath, etc. The Rock played the "B-sides," it was totally unconventional radio and I as a result I was one of the masses who migrated down the dial away from 94.7.
Now The Rock is talk radio.

What about all of the other stations that vanished overnight. St. Louis radio is notorious for switching over without notice. One day you're listening to rock n roll, the next day you turn on the radio and you hear R&B. It sucks here as far as radio is concerned.

Tiffani

quote:
KWarner wrote:
I really dont enjoy any St. Louis radio, but I find some comfort in KSHE still being there. I too have many fond KSHE memories. I made myself a 3 cd set of my favorite "KSHE Classics" awhile back, and really enjoy it.
With that being said, I almost never listen to radio, more of a CD man. But, I really look forward to having satellite radio in the near future. I have Dish Network, and I get all the Sirius music stations on my tv. There is an all Stones station!!

January 22nd, 2006 10:18 PM
zonked77 I don't know of anyone personally that has spares to sell though Ebay has a nice inventory on auction now...

Tiffani

quote:
Barney Fife wrote:
Tickets, tickets, spare tickets? $$$

Gotta see Keff one more time. Help a brother out, por favor.

Wild Bill in Wildwood.

Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)