ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

An outtake from San Diego by Stoneslib.

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: The Soundtrack of Our Lives Return to archive
01-23-03 02:18 PM
kiffer Last week I was blessed by two incredible live performances, one expected and one completely unexpected. The expected one was of course the Stones HBO special, the unexpected one was by a swedish band called "The Soundtrack of our Lives", who performed live on Letterman. I was completely blown away by the energy of the frontman, who is kinda like a 300 pound overweight Mick Jagger with a beard, bouncing around like Mick in his best days. I went and bought their CD "Behind the MUsic", and I finally found a new band that is worth listening to. Raw 60's and 70's energy, I wish more music today would sound like this. If you like the Stones, you will like this. Check it out!!!
01-23-03 03:04 PM
Soul Survivor Are you a member of this band or something>?
01-23-03 04:02 PM
kiffer No, just someone who appreciates them and wants to share that with other likeminded people, you dont have to listen to them
01-23-03 04:04 PM
Soul Survivor i know i dont, it just seemed like you were promoting it as if your a member...

any specific songs that stand out that they do?
01-23-03 04:43 PM
scope And I'm tryign to figure out what a 300 pound Mick Jagger wanna be would look like
01-23-03 04:52 PM
kiffer Songs that stand out to me are "Sister Sorround" even though that one is less Stone-sy, "never more" is very cool and "infrariot" is very good, too.
He is not a 300 pound Jagger wanna-be, he is very unique, just imagine a 300 pound man jumping and twisting like 130 pound Mick, a very funny site..
01-23-03 05:01 PM
jopo Yes they are truly great .. and they sound a lot like the stones cirka 1969-72 ...

here's what they look like:

listen at http://www.tsool.com
[Edited by jopo]
01-23-03 06:34 PM
Vinyl kills Their great! you should also check out a band by the name of TURBONEGRO from Norway. Pick up their album titled "APOCALYPSE DUDES" It's a total monster. Stones being one of their influences.
01-23-03 06:46 PM
Fiji Joe This just all seems like a plant to me...I tell you what, next week I'll pimp MY band...After we play on Letterman that is...
01-23-03 08:52 PM
exile i just checked out TSOOL's site
pretty damn good I liked it

I have TURBO NEGROE's album already fuckin great
I was living in Trondheim Norway last year (you get that having a Norweigian Girlfriend) They have some great bands in Norway

check out CATO SALSA EXPERIENCE and MOTOPHYSCO
01-23-03 09:33 PM
Mickjagger1963 Lets all make a new account and say "yeah, that band is cool" !!! haha well anyway I will give them a listen and let you know
01-23-03 09:43 PM
stonedinaustralia i've heard one of their trackls on radio here - and i thought it was pretty good

Visits since January 9, 2003 - 10:46 PM EST