ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

An outtake from San Diego by Stoneslib.

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Questions about my covers.Woodpecker Return to archive Page: 1 2
01-22-03 08:04 PM
sasca I really don�t know much about this but it seems to me quite justifiable to want to be paid for your work. The Stones do.
01-22-03 09:43 PM
woodywoodpecker Sasca,
thank you! Yeah some of these people would expect Ronnie Wood's paintings for nothing. If you give em half a chance.

01-22-03 09:56 PM
woodywoodpecker Exile your a complete dickhead pal! I saw your site. What's the bet your gonna try & sell off your Robbie Williams T-Shirts ha ha ha ha!!
01-22-03 10:19 PM
exile if thats the best insult you can come up with woodster i feel sorry for you

GOODBYE
[Edited by exile]
01-22-03 10:40 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Chill out brothers! The Rolling Stones are goin' down under in less than 4 weeks!

pEacE
01-23-03 12:02 AM
fmk438j My 2 cents.

I think the remaking of the Mickboy art is quite unnecassary for two reasons. 1 it is excellent and some of the best art you will see especially get What You need. 2, the original art by padre includes Mickboy's (yes the creator of the discs) explanation of what he has done and the reasoning behind it, which is really extraordinarily interesting. If someone were to stumble across art for th discs that didn't have thi info it would be their loss.

The making of art by Woody imo should be applied to where the skills are needed. That is, not remaking art that can be easily accessed on various sites (granted some are not spectacular, but they are however the original art intended for the release), but making art for the Licks shows that have not/will not be released by any label. Also you (woody) should make art for the various great stuff that comes out of rollingstonesboots lately and has no art.

This to me is where your talents are sorely needed, not remaking covers that already exist (sure you might improve on them, but there is a greater need in other areas imo).

On the payment thing, I'd definitely trade for some art of enmore and other upcoming oz dates (which I really hope you do do), but not for a different versio of art i already have.
01-23-03 01:11 AM
padre [quote]woodywoodpecker wrote:
A liitle Cpmpetition for ya Mr Padre Bootleg Seller!
I haven't even seen your covers of rags to excess I have seen Only when it's frozen and let me tell ya it leaves alot to be desired.

Yes, competition is always good. I won't compare our styles because they're so different (I don't fancy those photoshop fx, I try to make those covers look the way they could've been at the time the album was released or at least try to reach some of the feel of the original release), but I was talking 'bout the whole package that includes the audio, the arts and the liners (which I think are very important in this case). I don't ask money for them, but Mickboy does because he prints them. And yes, ink and paper do cost money, you're right about that.

I don't wanna attack you, all I want is some conversation 'bout this. You didn't answer how much do you charge for your arts, but I understand you completely if you take a buck or two to cover the paper and ink. And THIS LITTLE DRIBBLING WE DO BY OUR COMPUTERS IS REALLY NOTHING COMPARED TO THE WORK BY THE ONES THAT TAKE RISKS WITH TAKING MDs TO GIGS, RECORD THEM, TRANSFER TO PC AND BURNS COPIES FOR OTHER FANS FOR NOTHING. Perspective, please.

Your talent is in much better use when you do arts for boots that haven't got 'em already. Case closed? OK.
01-23-03 01:24 AM
padre Oh, and another thing.
[quote]woodywoodpecker wrote:
Yeah some of these people would expect Ronnie Wood's paintings for nothing. If you give em half a chance.

You're comparing your stuff to Ronnie Wood's paintings? I'm speechless.
01-23-03 02:04 AM
woodywoodpecker Padre, no I'm just saying that Woodies art is fantastic, but there would be someone who would want it for nothing!
Get my point. FMK8 does have a point, about doing covers not yet released.People you gotta understand that most covers I have designed are from requests from other people if they have a cd-r copy of Mickboy cd's obviously they are having problem's in obtaining the original art I dont know? However I do not expect to get attacked just for explaining to people why my covers are not downloadable.

If you really want to know prices they are $10.00 2fr/2 bk's OZ dollars!So for people in the US what's that $5.00 FOR TWO COVERS BUT I WILL ALSO TRADE!BUT I WILL NOT DO THEM FOR NOTHING!

People e-mail me with requests, obviously they like my work=can you design a cover for me?=Yes I can=what do you need=my time=customer pleased=trade/cost. My site is intended for fans that want a cover designed the way they WANT THEM, they are not designed by me for my collection as such they are designed for the costumer!

I hope I have cleared this matter up, and if people still dont understand well stay away from the conversation.
The printer I use is worth $6000 dollars it's not mine, so the printing firm takes a cut also so yeah Im making a lot of money aint I!!!I do not see a problem at all with what I 'am doing. Like I said I' am an Artist with a pretty good imagination and my covers are also made to suit the era!

A certain individual here has paid me for cover's, they have been sent to this person, and I hope this person posts a genuine review of his thoughts on my work.
01-23-03 10:03 AM
padre OK. Cheers.
Page: 1 2

Visits since January 9, 2003 - 10:46 PM EST