ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

An outtake from San Diego by Stoneslib.

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Questions about my covers.Woodpecker Return to archive Page: 1 2
01-21-03 05:38 PM
woodywoodpecker Hi Guys,
I have had quite alot of e-mails regarding my covers for download purposes.My covers are not downloadable the pics that I feature on my site are optimized and very small.Please understand that there is alot of work involved in making these cover's and as much as I would like to offer them to you all for free that just isnt possible.I also do not wish to come here discussing prices and trying to sell off my products at Rocks Off (My home away from Home)Yes there is a small price involved but you will get very high quality artwork and trades are also welcome. Please feel free to e-mail me to discuss prices/trades etc.

Thanks Woodpecker
01-21-03 06:08 PM
CS I see some familiar work like this design by Fabio and Voodoo, I used the original art posted here as header for one boot I made for me with downloading material, this is "your" design

I don't see too much work from you here. I saw also some pix already posted here in your designs, so...?
01-21-03 06:18 PM
T&A It certainly IS possible to make them available for free - it is your CHOICE not to do that. There are hundreds (thousands) of sites online where folks make their own artwork and share it for free. I'm not griping or anything - but, let's be honest, there's nobody holding a gun to your head to sell this artwork.
01-21-03 06:27 PM
CS Check some websites with high resolution art here http://www.albec.net.mx/personales/rocksoff/boots.htm

Ready to print, one that is new for me is the cover artwork section in "I Love Mick Jagger"
01-21-03 06:32 PM
RubyFriday There are hundreds of helpful people on the Stones sites to share music ,artwork,pictures etc for free.And you come with your "Artwork" and want money ?
Your "artwork" is not even good and made of photos you stole from other people.
Go away with your "artwork"
01-21-03 07:17 PM
woodywoodpecker Well if you dont like it avoid it!
And as for you Ruby Friday why complain that it's not for free (probably because you DO LIKE IT)
And let me tell ya somethin, if PIGNOSE RECORDS who have contacted me asking to do them covers, do you see there artwork and cd's for free. I' am also doing work for RollingStonesBoots. If people want to spend hours & hours designing art to give it away thats up to them.Afterall it is art design and is time consuming.And yes some pictures are from the net/some are sent to me/most a scanned by me because I PAID for alot of books!I 'am suprised by this critism and you have obviously never designed artwork in your life Ruby" so shut the hell up.
01-21-03 07:20 PM
woodywoodpecker As for Fabios design,
I have seen it, and it is very simular but I designed mine before I had even seen his.
01-21-03 07:56 PM
exile hey Woodpecker

No Offence thers's more to design than a couple of photoshop filters

Your not going to get rich quick selling this so called "artwork" not that great mate

might as well give them away tiges

;-)
01-21-03 08:20 PM
woodywoodpecker okay exile, do you do covers?
Probably not, and its no get rich scheme either!And there not great" Thats your opinion.
No Offence" well dont post remarks like you just have.

"DONT LIKE IT AVOID IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
01-21-03 09:55 PM
Soul Survivor woody, ok. Dont be all deffensive dude. Maybe you did put work into your "covers", but dont bitch at people and keep a stupid argument going. just move on ya "woody pecker".
01-21-03 10:18 PM
Madafaka I uploaded some art covers on Coasterreview totally free.
Check it if you want. I have more, if you don't find your request there, you can e mail me at [email protected]
That art covers are to organize my cds, i don't sell it! Maybe they aren't the best, but it works to put it on jewels cases.

You're welcome
01-21-03 10:22 PM
gypsymofo60
quote:
Soul Survivor wrote:
woody, ok. Dont be all deffensive dude. Maybe you did put work into your "covers", but dont bitch at people and keep a stupid argument going. just move on ya "woody pecker".

Hey! Come on Soulie, isn't Woody entitled to defend himself in the face of all this ridiculous hostility, some disgruntled, frustrated, critics start having a dig, he's entitled to defend himself. Like he said,"if you don't like it, or object to him asking for a little recompense, don't bother him.".....He's explained why he needs to charge a minimal amount, it's not as if he's out to rip people. I don't know the guy from Adam, apart from the odd email, and he seems like a genuine guy to me. So come people! cool out! You don't want it, don't buy it, but don't slag the guy for it.
01-21-03 10:23 PM
exile Im sure Mr.Woodpecker

you were so inundated with requests for you cover art
that you had to put on 3 or 4 staff on to take phone and email requsts for your "professional looking artwork"

so thats why you have to charge a fee

BAAAAA HA HA Ha ha
01-21-03 10:31 PM
gypsymofo60
quote:
exile wrote:
Im sure Mr.Woodpecker

you were so inundated with requests for you cover art
that you had to put on 3 or 4 staff on to take phone and email requsts for your "professional looking artwork"

so thats why you have to charge a fee

BAAAAA HA HA Ha ha

Maybe I'm missing something here Exile because I don't understand what all the hostility towards Woody is all about, care to enlighten me?
01-21-03 10:37 PM
Madafaka Jajajajajaja! Sarcastic but funny exile!
Come on Salvador Dali, keep on workin'!
Don't be angry man! Are we all Stones fans or not?
01-21-03 10:43 PM
exile gypsymofo60 Im just messing around man

if the guy cant take a joke its his problem
01-21-03 10:53 PM
gypsymofo60
quote:
exile wrote:
gypsymofo60 Im just messing around man

if the guy cant take a joke its his problem

Yeah! OK! jokes are fine, but some people haven't been as lighthearted about it as you. Some of those posts were totaly out of order, just fucking rude!
01-22-03 01:03 AM
woodywoodpecker Too Right, Gypsy!
I have also explained that trades are welcome so I dont see the big deal here.You were not joking Exile you spineless prick! All these sites people are referring to are original artwork which isnt hard to scan on your computer (not alot of work doing that. I designed mine and most of the covers I've done I do not even have the boots for. My whole idea was to design specific covers for fans how they want them. So Am I genuine?Well I think ive just proved that!

So you avoid my artwork and I'll avoid replying to your shit!
01-22-03 01:14 AM
padre I'd like to participate this interesting conversation, but where can I see your artworks, Woody? Yes, the small ones.
01-22-03 01:22 AM
exile sticks and stones will break my bones woody woodpecker

did i touch a nerve there did I?

pity you cant take a joke mate

01-22-03 01:50 AM
woodywoodpecker Padre,
here's my link

http://www.woodpecker-art.com/

01-22-03 04:47 AM
RubyFriday Just for your interest :I�m a studied graphic designer since 20 years and I think I can judge what takes time and what not.And I made sleeves,here�s one,I won a price with,not a good scan though.

You said,you paid for books...That gives you the right to use them and make money out of it?
Exile is right ,to use a filter here and there doesn�t make an artwork...
01-22-03 05:06 AM
woodywoodpecker nice work Ruby! Do you see me slagging your work. By the way I 'am an Artist also and if you missed my original drawings that Voodoochile posted a couple of months ago on this board I think you might eat your words.

So if you are that good why dont you do covers for everyone, use your imagination and see how long it takes you to make the covers (hours of your time) and then give em to all the free loaders.

Yeah I buy books people all over the net scan pictures how do you think they get on here. Do they own them NO!People also sell boots all over the net so whats your point exactly???????
01-22-03 05:25 AM
gypsymofo60 I did a fine arts degree also, and apart from learning alot about the history of art, while I honed my IMMENSE skill, (blows smoke from tops of fingers), I discovered that nine times out of ten, the worst artistes- are the most vociferous critics, who usually shoot off from the mouth, or pen with the type of vitriol usually found floating gently down the average city sewer.....Nice one Woody! don't lower yourself to their depths.
01-22-03 05:41 AM
RubyFriday My point wasn�t to criticise your work,if other people like it,it�s okay.My point was taking money for using other people�s photos,especially on these Stones boards where other people share their work for nothing or do you think,recording shows and uploading them to FTP sites does not take time?
I will do some artwork for the Licks shows ,when I have time and then I will share it for FREE.
01-22-03 09:32 AM
padre Nice work, Woody. How much do charge for those covers?
They look ok, I personally just don't like the idea of you remaking for example my Mickboy artworks and charging for 'em. I dunno 'bout those other cd's but in this case, the Torn and Frayed remasters are meant to be taken as a whole (for ears and eyes). Mickboy's remasters have his personal touch in linernotes and I feel sorry for the one that does not get the original package the way it was meant to be. And pay for it.
You could've at least changed the concept of Rags to Excess' backcover instead of copying mine.
01-22-03 12:29 PM
Madafaka I TOTALLY agree RubyFriday. Uploading shows take more time and take more cost. That's not free. Ticket isn't free, recording system isn't free, nothing! Nothing is for free in this life, I know... But I think that anyone can use an Eye Candy filter.
I don't wanna fiht with you Woodpecker, just think about it.
01-22-03 04:25 PM
woodywoodpecker A liitle Cpmpetition for ya Mr Padre Bootleg Seller!
I haven't even seen your covers of rags to excess I have seen Only when it's frozen and let me tell ya it leaves alot to be desired. The Following people I will avoid in trades/covers etc for being NOT STONES FANS,BUT TOTAL FUCKING WANKERS IMO, you can all continue downloading the 3rd Gen scans of artwork! I cant help but feel a sense of jealousy amongst you all "YOUR PROBLEM" I use A PRINTER that is worth a fortune MY INK MY PAPER MY DESIGNS MY CONCEPT and you want the art for nothing? What a joke!

And really the whole point to this attack is that you have all tried to download my covers but cant, so in frustration you decide to attack me.

RUBY FRIDAY/EXILE/MOTHERFUCKER/PADRE/

CASE CLOSED!!!
01-22-03 04:34 PM
L&A woodywoodpecker
RubyFriday
gypsymofo60
padre

So many graphic designers on this board. Fantastic, I'm also one...

I'm not here to give my opinion about the covers, and I don't like aggressive critics...

I only want to say that this place - Rocks off - is a wonderful place because it's a community of people who share the same passion for the Stones (and related stories), all for free. Don't know how much time Jaxx, Gazza and Voodoo spent to organize it, all for free.

So if you want to trade, woodywoodpecker, I can understand, because it remains part of the game. But if you ask money, I really can't agree...
01-22-03 07:53 PM
exile ha ha ha ha your the JOKe woody
Page: 1 2

Visits since January 9, 2003 - 10:46 PM EST