ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

An outtake from San Diego by Stoneslib.

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: meeting jb Return to archive Page: 1 2
01-21-03 09:19 AM
Stonesdoug Just wanted to let everyone know that Josh came to Walters and hung out and he is one of the nicest people in the world. Extremely kind and easy going. And he bought a round of drinks for the bar---thanks buddy
01-21-03 09:23 AM
Moonisup well I knew that
01-21-03 09:37 AM
Maxlugar "And he bought a round of drinks for the bar"

Now THAT is surprising.
(Laugh track)

Mackskee!
(Laugh track w/ standing "O")

01-21-03 10:20 AM
Joey " Just wanted to let everyone know that Josh came to Walters and hung out and he is one of the nicest people in the world. Extremely kind and easy going. And he bought a round of drinks for the bar---thanks buddy "

Hope he does the same at the Paramount in Downtown Denver on Feb. 1st .

Young Joey drinks like a little Fishy , ESPECIALLY on the Weekends . And I ain't talking Domestic here ---- Ahhhh Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha .....................you know the rest .

and now , THIS :

Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Joesy and the PussyCats !

01-21-03 10:40 AM
Fiji Joe Well, I never was one to be "one-upped" by anyone....

Bartender...a round of drinks for the board!!!
01-21-03 10:49 AM
Joey " Bartender...a round of drinks for the board!!! "

<------------ Fiji , Got any " Candy " for the Joey ?

That's cute little buddy .............See ya in Denver in ten days Fiji !

JJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJOESY

01-21-03 10:50 AM
Fiji Joe No Joey, I'm not going to Denver..Although I wish I was...it appears that the Atlanta show is all that Fiji can make
01-21-03 11:08 AM
Joey " No Joey, I'm not going to Denver..Although I wish I was...it appears that the Atlanta show is all that Fiji can make "

YOU MAKE JOEY CRY LIKE BABY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why Fiji ??????? Why ????????????? Why do you make the young Joester cry so violently .

And here I was going to buy you a Guinness at the Paramount and everything .

I guess I will just save it for VooDoo or Jaxx instead....................

{{{{{{{{{{{{ }}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

01-21-03 11:26 AM
Maxlugar Maybe Petey will be cleared by then and make a "special' appearance Feb 1!

Is Denver a "young" city? By young I mean a lot of young couples with small children.

Petey like!

Petey like!

"The kids are alright, Petey!"
(Laugh track w/Desi Arnez laughing violetly and maniacally)

The MAXY!
01-21-03 11:27 AM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy
quote:
Stonesdoug wrote:
Just wanted to let everyone know that Josh came to Walters and hung out and he is one of the nicest people in the world. Extremely kind and easy going. And he bought a round of drinks for the bar---thanks buddy

Hey, that's great that he showed up!

Ya see? Social ain't bad! And once people met ya, jb, everyone turns out to think you're a nice guy!

I'm actually looking forward to hearing your review of MSG for the past two nights, as a Taylorite, since none of the other Taylor-lovin'-folk-'ve talked much on it.

-tSYX --- Who's driving your plane?
01-21-03 11:36 AM
parmeda Where is jb?

I sure hope nobody tied him to a subway car as a joke, LOL.
01-21-03 11:37 AM
Joey " Is Denver a "young" city? By young I mean a lot of young couples with small children.

Petey like!

Petey like! "

Maxy , you make young Joey very very sad !!!!

Why ??? Why ???? Why do you make the Joesy so

And here I was going to buy you a " Bass " at the Paramount and everything .

Guess I will just have to save it for Keno and MaxMeister instead ................................................

This is just so Disturbing ...............I am now quite visibly shaken to the core and must leave to go to lunch .

If anyone needs me , I will be at P.F. Changs !

{{{{{{{{{{{{{ JOESY AND THE PUSSYCATS }}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}
01-21-03 11:45 AM
Factory Girl Joey, how do you get the green emoticons?
01-21-03 11:49 AM
Joey " Joey, how do you get the green emoticons? "

Easy , I just go over to Pete's house for the evening .

{{{{{{ CA - RACK }}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

" Oh My God Steve , look at THAT one . He just hit a homer the likes of which I have not witnessed since 1956 "

" That's right Harry , there is nothing like a " Blow - Free " Joey . Say , isn't that Pete Townshend in the stands over there ????? "

{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{ :P }}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}
01-21-03 12:16 PM
Factory Girl Testing emoticons

01-21-03 12:44 PM
Moonisup

GreatFG!!

01-21-03 06:34 PM
glencar Someone I know from another board met Josh & said he's actually pretty nice. He also said that Josh was indeed given the cold shoulder by several people who were annoyed at his posts. They actually turned their backs on him. I wasn't able to even get into Walter's last Thursday but I guess it would have been interesting to see Josh. I also missed seeing some other folks. At least the show was pretty good...
01-21-03 09:36 PM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy
quote:
glencar wrote:
Someone I know from another board met Josh & said he's actually pretty nice. He also said that Josh was indeed given the cold shoulder by several people who were annoyed at his posts. They actually turned their backs on him. I wasn't able to even get into Walter's last Thursday but I guess it would have been interesting to see Josh. I also missed seeing some other folks. At least the show was pretty good...

Now that's mean. How someone's like on a board and in real life are two different things. Yeah, I've been downright livid at times with the guy over the past few months, but I get the feeling that he likes riling people up. But meeting someone in person is a totally different affair - very much a chance to make a totally different impression. Give the guy a chance!

I'm very pleased to hear that in reality jb's a nice guy and not some bighead.

-tSYX --- Radiooooo One.... (to the tune of "Boris the Spider")
01-21-03 10:03 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Some months ago I called JB to his office and we had a very nice long conversation. I don't have any doubt that he's a great person, and I consider him a friend. He also had a great spontaneous reaction, as many of you did, when I requested your help buying original and legal stuff from my collection to attend Denver that became NYC

But in my psrticular point of view, sometimes he must count to ten before posting
01-22-03 05:54 AM
Moonisup
quote:
TheSavageYoungXyzzy wrote:

Now that's mean. How someone's like on a board and in real life are two different things. Yeah, I've been downright livid at times with the guy over the past few months, but I get the feeling that he likes riling people up. But meeting someone in person is a totally different affair - very much a chance to make a totally different impression. Give the guy a chance!

I'm very pleased to hear that in reality jb's a nice guy and not some bighead.

-tSYX --- Radiooooo One.... (to the tune of "Boris the Spider")

that is indeed below words how low that is!!! I know that some are offened by his posts. But hey, I think if you can't forget it and share a beer then, hmmmmmm is that stonesfanworthy?? I don't think so

01-22-03 10:48 AM
jb Hello everyone...."it's good to be here...it's good to be anywhere"LOL.....I want to first thank the many kind and wondeful people I met in New York, including, but not limited to, Stonesdoug,DearDoctor, Scope,Lonecrapshooter,Steel Wheels and wife, Jill Lucifer, Exile,RumCoke, Otiac, Da Stones, etc....Everyone was exceptionally nice and Walters was great....
The whole experiece was just amazing....when I arrived Thursday morning, after checking in at the hotel, I walked to MSG and there were 2 HBO "stones" cars parked up front...I rushed over and the guy asks me if I want to win a HBO Stones hat or T-shirt...I explain what a big fan I am and that I just arrived...I answered 5 or 6 questions, and won a really cool navy blue hat w/ tongue with HBO special printed on back...what a way to start the day!!!
Proceeded to walk to Times Square and as usual New York is just an incredible place....nothing like it anyway....I must have looked like a tourist as they were filming the people's court and asked me if I wanted to be on T.V. ...I, along with a few other idiots, stood in a line in 10 degree weather, watching some guy introduce the "cheating husband"..LOL.....After touring the city, went back to hotel(Le Marquis-excellent) around 3:00 P.M.....The interesting thing was that I still had an extra ticket as my friend from Florida could not fly in, and wife was not coming until Friday....Low and behold, my cell phone rings, and it's a gentleman who posts as "DearDoctor" on Stonesdoug...we talk and I tell him I'd rather just sell it to him at cost than battle the scalpers..he is obviously thrilled and we agree to meet at the Hotel Pennsyvania at arounf 6 O'clock.....When I arrive around 6, lots of Stones fans in or about hotel...a really nice feeling being among such devoted fans....I see a guy walk in who meets DearDoctors description, and it's him...we do the ticket transaction and I say I'll see you at show...but DD said "no way", your coming to Walters!!! I had my misgivings, but I figured the worst thing to happen is I say Hello to Doug and leave.
We walk to Walters and it is quite the classic "joint"...packed beyond belief....I make my way in, see Stonesddoug, and introduce myself...we have a hug and and laugh, and Doug starts to introducing "Mr. Lawyer"...everyone is really nice and I really was impressed with the organization of the event and the passion of the fans attending...many who have attended 20 plus shows in various cities....The incident with one person (Stonesjuno) was not big deal at all...Doug tried to introduce us, and she simply looked at me and walked away..I also understand a Bosabops avoided me....really a shame as it could not have been a warmer, stones-loving group.....After about 1/2 hr, the place was so crowded and hot(compounded by my wool jacket and turtleneck cashmere sweater and scarf, I had to step out as my eyes were actually sweating!!! Talked to some more people outside the bar and then off to MSG around the corner.
Got to my seats which were Sec. 3, row 11 ...... they were also apparently taping this show for HBO as well....The New York crowd was, IMO, very typical of most Stones concertsa I have attended...a lot of "must be seen" eople in the front, a lot of corporate / business big wigs, and of course the Stonesfanactics like us....people next to me could not believe I traveled from Florida for not 1, but both shows...but everyone was excited for the Stones to hit the Stage(I came in thankfully at the very end of Ryan Adams set...I will say that he said "It's great honor being here, and the Rolling Stones are going to be here !!!).
Well, the next thing I see is DearDoctor along with Lonecrapshooter , his wife, and brother-in-law all coming to seats..he was able to pass them the floor ticket and they all made it down!!! A little crowded but what the fuck!!! Also, in front of me is a group of kids who look like they are right out of the 70's show getting high and one girl claims she is Tommy Hilfigers daughter...a cannot verify this..but it was cool seeing some "youngies" at the show....
The lights then go down, and shortly thereafter Keith walks out and rips into SFM....we are in a near frenzy at this point....the guys look absolutely fabulous and we know were in for a great show....Start Me up follows and of course the crowd is erupting as everyone and their grandmother(many who were thereLOL) know this one... Next, the unmistakeable chords of IYCRM rip out, and it's like "Love you Lve" being blasted out the speakers...a truly great rendition...I must say that I , along with the others, felt this was Keith's night...he played so hard that there was no doubt that this was the Stones as the guitar driven band that I have missed so much since the dpearture of the great Mick Taylor(but that's another thread)...Next, "Don't Stop", which translated remarkably well in concert..I think it's b/c of the easy "Don't Stop" lyrics that everyone can sing...Next, the one and only time I am happy to hear Chuck's piano introduction to Monkey Man...people are going wild and Mick is absolutely fantastic...We then get a beautiful semi-accoustic version of Angie to slow down which was well neede at this point.It sounded much like the B-stage rendition during the VL tour in 94....We then get a incredible version of LIB...truthfully I did not know who Hubert Sumlin was, but he added a nice touch and was very well received....Midnight Rambler was next, and if you thought the HBO version was great, this was every bit as awesome...and Tumbling Dice is always a crowd favorite.
Keith's set was next, and by and large, the crowd enjoyed a nice rendition of SA and Happy...Keith was in good spirits seemed to really enjoy the warm reception.
Next came the unmistakable chords of GS...they play the opening chords very slow compared to the 70 versions and it's more of a theatrical performance than a rocker...it was still great and the crowd was universally into it...Next was YGMR which they play very well live...the crowd also enjoys the refrain "Hey, Hey, you got me rocking" and it's a good concert song if properly placed like this was.Next was "CYHMK which was awesome...very well played. Bobby Keyes solo was killer and Ron did a nice job...interestingly, Keith plays lead in the beginning and then defers to Ronnie..Satisfaction followed...less "Vegased" up version than when used as an encore and therefore much better!
Next, was the B stage set...tried to get closer but was very tight...IORR, When the Whip comes Dowm and Brown Sugar...the sound up front was a little fuzzie, but my favorite was WTWCD....they did not return to the stage via the plank..but exited somewhere off my right...I figured we would get JJF and that was it...but the pre-taped(I kinda wish they would'nt use this , although it does sound good)opening of SFD comes on, and we are going wild...A nice , unexpected treat, but the guitars were a little lacking...and the finale, JJF, which as always, is Keith's song...he was hitting the chords so hard and truly loves to play this song.....The final bows are taken, and normally depression would set in, but I knew that I had one more night !!!! As I leave the Garden , it's snowing and I truly felt like it was a dream...it just can't get much better!!
Anyway, you all saw Saturdays and have your own reviews...Being totally objective, the Thursday show, IMHO, was slightly better....Keith played so hard, and Ronnie too, that it was a real guitar driven show which I prefer...
In conclusion, a memorable trip in many ways...great people, great city(and yes, the wife joined me Friday and spent the remaining funds shopping!!!)and the greatest band to ever grace the stage made my life a little more complete!!!
[Edited by jb]
01-22-03 10:52 AM
Moonisup GREAT I amhappy that you made it after all!!!!

rik
01-22-03 10:55 AM
jb Thanks Rik!!! Hope all is well....You are truly in for a treat...count you days like a prisoner counting the days until he is freed..as you to will be freed by the greatest band to ever rock!!!! Maybe I will come to Holland!!!
01-22-03 11:01 AM
Moonisup haha Thank you! Indeed, it's hard for most of us, who are hearing these things, and it's still more then 6 months away for me! But he I can survive it
01-22-03 11:03 AM
jb I never got mt Shoes!!!!
01-22-03 11:06 AM
Moonisup hmmmmmmmmmmm that is strange, I did send them!! Fuck, give it another 1 1/2 week and then they should be there! IF they won't I'll send some new ones!! Your mail in the US go much faster then here. That was the last time also the case!!

Rik
01-22-03 11:10 AM
jb LOL....I won this really cool dark navy blue Stones hat outside MSG..it has special HBO show on back..I answered a few trivia questions....finally something free at a Stones concert!!!LOL..
01-22-03 11:16 AM
Moonisup haha must be 1 thing for free!!

Great!! I hope that it's warmer and better weather then here! It rains cats and dogs here, and that on our election day!! On wich I hope the leftwing parties are gonna win!!!

Rik
01-22-03 11:59 AM
Boomhauer Good to see you had a great time, JB.

Hopefully tonight at the United Center I'll have a great time, as well.
01-22-03 12:11 PM
Joey See ya in Denver Josh ...............I can't wait to meet you .

{{{{{{{{{{ JACKY }}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}
Page: 1 2

Visits since January 9, 2003 - 10:46 PM EST