ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Iquitos, Perú 1981
Photo by René Pinedo with thanks to Cucho Peñaloza (*)

During the making of Werner Herzog's "Fitzcarraldo"
(*) Stay tuned for a preview of Cucho's forthcoming book about the Stones in South America
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch2: Random Sike-ay-delia] [Ch3: British Invasion]
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist OR start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Header pic Return to archive
01-11-02 01:17 PM
Maxlugar Hey what's with this Rocks Off Hall of Fame?

Is that like the "Gassy's".

Why wasn't I invited?

I wasn't nominated? You fukkers!!

I am visibly shaken and stirred to sadness.

"Slit my wrists, Ronnie!"
01-11-02 01:58 PM
nankerphelge Ah yes -- drinking soon.
I had a couple with lunch today and have already started planning a happy hour at the local watering hole.

What a long week -- I need frosty beverages soon.
And chiba -- oh how I could use some chiba
Unfortunately, the chiba express has not yet arrived -- but soon, my friend, very soon, the resin encrusted leaves of wonder shall pass close to my ever quivering lips.

I promise as I sit here now, I shall listen to Dirty Work in its entirety as I take my first chiba hit.

So let it be written, so let it be done
01-11-02 02:15 PM
Joey 'Unfortunately, the chiba express has not yet arrived -- but soon, my friend, very soon, the resin encrusted leaves of wonder shall pass close to my ever quivering lips.

I promise as I sit here now, I shall listen to Steel Wheels in its entirety as I take my first chiba hit. '

You make Joey giddy !!!!!

You did say "Steel Wheels " didn't you ??????

Happy Birthday 2000 Man !!!!!

" Stirred to Sadness Ronnie "

Joey von got me new material today .....Oh , Happy Joey !
01-11-02 02:38 PM
nankerphelge Our young Joey -- how have you been?

I hope you are saving your Joey dollars for the 2002 DC summit.

As every week passes I prepares mrs nankerphelge for the lemmings to the sea that will be coming to the house of nank and setting fire to things.

This time you shall not escape the chiba bon fire. For when your brain cells all begin to snap crackle and pop like a bowl of Rice Crispies, you will no longer need to borrow the material of others -- you will be free young Joey and the richness of your creativity will blossom forth.

nanky von chibaly toke toke
01-11-02 03:39 PM
Maxlugar Oh dear friggin' fuck! You must listen to Dirty Work as the first brain cell goes "pop"!

Lets synchronize the playing of that unsurpassed fan favorite for 8:00PM tonight.

You never know what the God's of great hard rocking music will bestow upon us.

You make Maxy proud!

It's moments like this that make all my hard work crusading for Dirty Work all worth while.

Joey, you must do it as well. Why, if we could get the whole world to play Dirty Work tonight the war would be over. The Taliban would all stop aiming their guns and instead use them to play air guitar!

They'd be banging their heads in time and weapons would be flying out of their turbins! Dirty Work for world peace!

You have all heard about the concert for the blind, right? Well it's a little known fact that in 1986 the Stones had planned on a much more ambitious show. It was to be called the Concert for the Deaf. Dirty Work was recorded to enable deaf people to hear music. The raw, powerful, new-heights scaling, hard rockin', two wolverines fighting in a steel drum guitar sounding, recording levels pushing into the red zone album was made to penetrate the brains of those unfortuate enough to own a pair of ear drums. That's why those of us who do own ear drums just sit, sip, smile and salivate to it. Enough said! If only that evil American Medical Association hadn't put a stop to it, we all would have heard it live!

Thanks to you Dirty Work, I hug my ear drums every night!

Oh my God! Poem alert! Go!

Dirty Work:
Thanks to you.
I'm hardly ever blue.
Upon the morning dew.
I caress your hard rockin' stew.
It always feels new.
You make me purr and koo.
And if you all had a clue.
Tonight, you'd play Had It With You.

Maxlugar 1/11/02

Thanks.

Hug me.

Maxy Von Kinky Kink Kinko Kinkily!
01-12-02 01:31 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl LOL Maxy that was a good one!

Hey what's with this Rocks Off Hall of Fame?

It's "flame" not "fame", and is a place reserved for the coolest posters on this humble place on the net.

Why wasn't I invited?

In fact you were invited, unfortunately you didn't make it in the nominees, you need to learn from them.

I wasn't nominated? You fukkers!!

It was not us, it was the advisory team with the four current members of the Rolling Stones, some members of the British and Swedish Royal Families, the President of the USA, and the late Brian Jones, see a thread below here http://novogate.com/board/968/36294-1.html

I am visibly shaken and stirred to sadness.

"Slit my wrists, Ronnie!"

Sorry Maxy Von Kinky Kink Kinko Kinkily, c'est la vie!
01-12-02 05:32 PM
Joey Time to get started on that light bronze statue of the " Slippy Slap Slappy Hootin' Nanny Scrotum Enlarger .

" Stay Slappily Ronnie "

Joey , C10

On June 16, 2001 the hit counter of the WET page was inserted here, it had 174,489 hits. Now the hit counter is for both the page and the board.
The hit counter of the ITW board had 1,127,645 hits when it was closed and the Coolboard didn't have hit counter but was on line only two months and a half.