ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Iquitos, Perú 1981
Photo by René Pinedo with thanks to Cucho Peñaloza (*)

During the making of Werner Herzog's "Fitzcarraldo"
(*) Stay tuned for a preview of Cucho's forthcoming book about the Stones in South America
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch2: Random Sike-ay-delia] [Ch3: British Invasion]
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist OR start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Noel Redding on Brian Jones Return to archive
01-10-02 01:43 PM
busterjones Here is an interview with the Experiences' Bassist Noel Redding, who mentiones about BJ besides all the Stones (He also shared his memories of BJ in the book "The Golden Stone').

FB:- So what was your first encounter with psychedelics?
NR:- The first time was on an airplane going from London to New York. I was sitting beside Brian Jones and he gave me this little tablet and he said "Take it''. So I took it because like he was Brian Jones, you know! The next thing I basically remember was that I was on some boat in New York and I said "Well it doesn't affect me'' and the next thing I knew was I was in San Francisco (laughter). It did affect me actually!

FB:- What do you have to say about psychedelics? Would you do it again?
NR:- I wouldn't do it again, ever. I suppose the old natural stuff would be ok, the old mushroom, but I wouldn't advise anyone to do it. Then again, I've taken a lot. I took a lot of LSD over many years. I wouldn't advise anyone to do it unless they know what they're doing. If I was sitting beside Brian Jones again and he gave
me a tablet, I suppose I'd still take it (laughter).

FB:- (How well did you know...) What about the Stones?
NR:- Well I used to hang out with Brian at the Speakeasy and he used to take me home in his Rolls and drop me off at my ? a week flat. He was very nice. Brian was a very nice person.

I really hope there will be more people like Noel sharing fond meories of BJ.

If you are willing to read the whole interview of Noel, please visit the following site:

http://www.me.umn.edu/~kgeisler/noelint.html
01-10-02 04:35 PM
Miss U. BUSTER!!!

On June 16, 2001 the hit counter of the WET page was inserted here, it had 174,489 hits. Now the hit counter is for both the page and the board.
The hit counter of the ITW board had 1,127,645 hits when it was closed and the Coolboard didn't have hit counter but was on line only two months and a half.