ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Iquitos, Perú 1981
Photo by René Pinedo with thanks to Cucho Peñaloza (*)

During the making of Werner Herzog's "Fitzcarraldo"
(*) Stay tuned for a preview of Cucho's forthcoming book about the Stones in South America
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch2: Random Sike-ay-delia] [Ch3: British Invasion]
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist OR start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Thanks for the Header Pic. Return to archive
01-08-02 09:28 AM
Joey Hey , who do I thank around here for today's header picture ?????

The WHO were not getting along for this particular " Farewell " tour , but it was so nice to see Jagger visit the group backstage before the first show . Wasn't this picture taken at the Boston gig ??? Washington ????? Philadelphia ??????

Anyway , the Clash opened for the WHO that year and they were almost better than the starring act . It is a pity the Clash broke up ............they were a great great band .

Joey von Townshend .
01-08-02 09:54 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl You don't need to thanks us just enjoy it. According to Rolling Stone 382 November 11th 1982 it is from JFK Stadium in Philadelphia

A funny quote by John Entwistle btw, "I saw Jagger coming toward me, and I said 'Jesus, they've dropped me off at the wrong show!'"

We have put headers from that show, including a great one with Jade Jagger and Jane Rose
01-08-02 11:39 AM
Joey I do enjoy this shot .

Could we please see the picture of Mick talking to Roger backstage ???

Was there ever one of Mick and Pete Talking together ?

Joey

01-08-02 10:26 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl The one with Roger will be posted in some minutes for tomorrow's header. I have many of Mick Jagger AND Pete Townshend talking (some during the show from Rolling Stone and Beggars Banquet as well as other dates) but have been used as header or in messages in the past, I'm gonna repost them as soon as I find them.
01-09-02 09:28 AM
Joey Cool !!! Thanks .

God I love this board .

Joey
01-09-02 09:50 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Glad you get your rocks off here!
01-09-02 10:59 AM
L&A VoodooChileInWOnderl, always the best !
01-09-02 11:20 AM
winter Is Mick drinking a Schlitz. You would think that the Who would have a better brew kicking around for the front man of the world's greatest rock-n-roll band
01-09-02 11:30 AM
Joey I was eighteen years old in 1982 and I believe Schlitz was THE beer during that time period . Yet , just a few years later , Budweiser was everywhere ....and Miller Lite .

01-09-02 11:42 AM
winter My mistake, I was only 11 at the time. But whether or not it was THE beer at the time, it's still not very good.

On June 16, 2001 the hit counter of the WET page was inserted here, it had 174,489 hits. Now the hit counter is for both the page and the board.
The hit counter of the ITW board had 1,127,645 hits when it was closed and the Coolboard didn't have hit counter but was on line only two months and a half.