ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

© 1969 Beth Sunflower
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Pet Sounds Return to archive
17th January 2007 11:40 PM
MikeyC613 Just heard it for the first time in its entirety a couple weeks ago. Was listening to it with my friends while playing poker and high on two Percoset.

I couldn't wait to lose the game so I could lay on the couch and really listen to it. It blew my mind. "Here Today" is one of the most beautiful songs I've ever heard. Hell, all of them were. Does anyone else here dig it?
17th January 2007 11:48 PM
GotToRollMe I've never been a big Beach Boys fan, but even I have to admit that "Pet Sounds" is a beautiful album.
17th January 2007 11:52 PM
glencar Sloop John B! God Only Knows!
18th January 2007 12:24 AM
mojoman pet cemetary
18th January 2007 01:44 AM
Brainbell Jangler Great album. But perfect as it is, there is no way to appreciate it's impact if you didn't hear it when it first came out. No one had done anything like it before and it set the benchmark for sound production.
18th January 2007 03:23 AM
Zack I'm a huge fan. I listen to it when I'm feeling down, comfort food for the ears.

And to think Brian Wilson was 23 years old, with no musical training, ordering around the cynical, ultra-professional wrecking crew sessioners. Bassist Carol Kaye says Wilson was the greatest producer she'd ever worked with.
18th January 2007 04:53 AM
Ronnie Richards It is very overrated.
A favourite among people who think "production values" are more important than anything else..
Simpletons like myself prefer the Ramones..
18th January 2007 05:05 AM
corgi37 Does nothing for me.
18th January 2007 07:20 PM
texile god only knows is the most beautiful song ever written...period.
my favorite song of all time is wouldn't it be nice.
its become a sort of musical snob's bible and i hate that because what made BW so amazing was the almost childlike simplicity of his music.
there was a purity to the songs,
BTW, the 3-chord-3-minute wonder ramones were huge fans of the Beach boys...
thier remake of do you wanna dance is beach boys and not bobby freeman's original.
18th January 2007 07:31 PM
Honky Tonk Man I really like the Beach Boys surf songs and keep meaning to check out Pet Sounds. I'll get round to it eventualy!
18th January 2007 08:16 PM
MrPleasant For a Beach Boys masterpiece, it's as good as it got. Too bad Brian Wilson couldn't finish Smile when he had the first chance.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)