ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

© 1969 Beth Sunflower
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Any new Stones-inspired bands out there? Return to archive Page: 1 2
18th January 2007 11:14 AM
polytoxic
quote:
pdog wrote:
Jarvis Humby...
Cool as fuckin' fuck! I fucking swear on my motherfucking life!

Yeah. There was this one track that Little Steven would play on Underground Garage. Totally killer. Never caught the name of it though. There's some great tips in this thread I can't wait to check out. The Black Keys and Reigning Sound I know and love but I haven't heard the others.That's what I love about Rocks Off: hardcore Stones fans that exist in a musical world beyond just band worship and have great taste in rock'n'roll. Of course having great taste in rock'n'roll would naturally make one a Stones fan, but that's beside the point. They're been around a few years but I might as well add the Hellacopters to the list, they're pretty cool and definitelt Stones influenced.

[Edited by polytoxic]
18th January 2007 07:40 PM
LAMF
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
Agreed LAMF. The Chesterfield Kings and The BJM are great, and wear their Stones influences on their sleeves.

Neither band is really "new" though. The Kings have been kickin' for close to 25 years. BJM has been around for about 12 years.

And both are more influenced by the Brian era Stones, more than Taylor of Woody era Stones. Which is a good thing, IMO. I think that sound suits each band better.

I've seen both bands live...The Chesterfield Kings x 5. BJM had a Dig!(great rock n roll movie even if you don't care for BJM or The Dandy Warhols) moment when I saw them. I had to duck a flying guitar case. It was nuts.

Here's a pic of The Chesterfield Kings that I took the last time I saw them. I took home part of a mic stand that Prevost busted up.

[Edited by Sir Stonesalot]

i get ya on the not really new thing but i guess i just meant bands that are younger than the stones and still record/tour.i just saw the chesterfield kings with the dolls a few months ago in november. best show i have ever seen i gotta say. he smashed a mic stand there too, landed about 6 inches away from some broad who he couldnt see from stage. fuck they must go through alot of mic stands!

id love to see BJM, i got dig! but live would be the best
18th January 2007 07:41 PM
LAMF ahh i just saw the pic again, we saw them on the same tour.
18th January 2007 07:53 PM
LAMF checked out the novaks and louis XIV and i dig em
18th January 2007 09:09 PM
Sir Stonesalot I love the Novaks.

My only problem with Louis XIV is that most of their songs sound the same. To me, that album just sounds like one big long song. I need to hear some different things outta them before I'm sold. I like the attitude though.
19th January 2007 02:05 AM
pdog
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

welcome LAMF! Awesome board name!!!!!

WELCOME!!! And Hell YeaH!
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)