ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

© 1965, 2002 The Associated Newspapers Archive
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [FORO EN ESPAÑOL] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: U2 Tour Announcement Imminent ... ( NSC ) Return to archive
January 18th, 2005 02:43 PM
Joey
Hello My Stones Brothers and Sisters ................

Time to Get Ready for a BIG YEAR " Concertwise " :

" A source involved with planning the new U2 tour has let us know the following details:

-The main reason behind the tour's delay is, as Paul McGuinness has stated to U2.com, that the original tour route hit some snags. The "family illness" rumor has also been cited by our source as another reason for the delay.

-One member of U2 in particular has been very involved with the tour's scheduling.

-A finalized tour itinerary is expected to be delivered to tour agencies today, January 18th, with an official announcement expected by week's end.

-U2 is now believed to be launching the tour in the Southwest part of the United States, possibly in Las Vegas (ala PopMart) or Los Angeles (as rumored on the internet).

Stay tuned! "

http://www.interference.com/u2109601/index.html
January 18th, 2005 04:15 PM
Dan Ticketmaster accidentally put up the page for the Miami show that was supposed to be the first show of the tour - tickets were $49.50 - $160.00. TOO MUCH! The $35 I spent on Zoo TV was about the max I would pay and I can't imagine this show being any better.
January 18th, 2005 04:20 PM
Joey
quote:
Dan wrote:
Ticketmaster accidentally put up the page for the Miami show that was supposed to be the first show of the tour - tickets were $49.50 - $160.00. TOO MUCH! The $35 I spent on Zoo TV was about the max I would pay and I can't imagine this show being any better.

Thanks Dan !
January 18th, 2005 04:29 PM
jb Less than the Stones which shall be 75-500
January 18th, 2005 05:42 PM
Joey
quote:
Joey wrote:

Thanks JB !

January 18th, 2005 05:44 PM
Dan I am probably going to skip the Stones this time soon, should it become more than a rumor.
January 18th, 2005 05:53 PM
Joey
quote:
Dan wrote:
I am probably going to skip the Stones this time soon, should it become more than a rumor.

Yes , if Main Floor Tickets are Five Hundred Dollars or Greater then I too shall give the Stones " THE SKIP " this tour .

Developing ...........................

Shiver ..................................

" Stones Rule You Bastards ! "

Little Friskee ! ™
January 18th, 2005 05:55 PM
Poplar
Sweet - west coast baby....

come on Edge.
January 19th, 2005 04:25 PM
Joey
quote:
Joey wrote:

Yeah , inflict the " Warm Ups " on Vegas !

January 19th, 2005 04:28 PM
jb We don't want this crap band in this crap state,....everything crappy happens in Florida...Joey...come to Florisa_______________________>
January 19th, 2005 04:32 PM
voodoopug
quote:
jb wrote:
We don't want this crap band in this crap state,....everything crappy happens in Florida...Joey...come to Florisa_______________________>

come to CHI town

www.fischertech.com
January 20th, 2005 01:47 AM
IanBillen
I am not really any type of U2 fan but I was impressed at their latest single Vertigo. I thought to myself, finally U2 put out a rocker for a single. So I decided well, in this instance, I guess I will check out the album. I purchased How to Dismantle an Atomic Bomb. It is a good album but none of the other tracks on the album rock. All are good tracks but none resemble Vertigo in any way. I was hoping for more of a a rocking album from them instead of the usual blazeh yelping of Bono and that echoey guitar. Well for the next ten tracks on the album after the first track Vertigo that is all it is.

Oh well,

I knew it would not last.

Ian
January 20th, 2005 07:35 AM
Gazza
quote:
IanBillen wrote:

I am not really any type of U2 fan but I was impressed at their latest single Vertigo. I thought to myself, finally U2 put out a rocker for a single

"Elevation" from the last album (or rather, the remix that was released as a single from "Tomb raider" a few months later) rocked like a bastard.

I do - as a U2 fan - think that the hype over their new album outweighed the substance. I think its a decent collection of songs with two or three gems (I like the single plus "Yahweh") but most of the rest hasnt grabbed me like it usually does.
January 20th, 2005 08:03 AM
Poplar
awful mellow.
January 20th, 2005 08:32 AM
gimmekeef If you listen to the chorus of Vertigo it sounds a lot to me like the old Supremes song "You Keep Me Hangin On".....
January 20th, 2005 08:41 AM
nankerphelge I said the same thing when it came out!

Diana Ross is probably going nuts in rehab!
January 20th, 2005 09:00 AM
gypsy Here's another announcement:

I have just taken my " morning shit " !

( tremendous applause + standing ovation + cheers from the audience )

" I THANK YOU "

Gypsy Carson !
January 20th, 2005 09:52 AM
gimmekeef Gypsy, we'll all light a match for you!
January 20th, 2005 09:55 AM
jb When taking a dump, put a picture of the twat bono in the bowl and aim for his mouth, b/b that motherfucking son of a bitch is full of shit!!!!!!!!!!!
January 20th, 2005 10:07 AM
Joey
quote:
jb wrote:
When taking a dump, put a picture of the twat bono in the bowl and aim for his mouth, b/b that motherfucking son of a bitch is full of shit!!!!!!!!!!!

Josh .........................................

Here it is 9:06 AM CDT and I STILL have yet to take my morning " Dump " .......Should I be concerned ?!?!

Please ...............I's values your's opinions !

Jersey Joe !
January 20th, 2005 10:11 AM
Gazza
quote:
Dan wrote:
Ticketmaster accidentally put up the page for the Miami show that was supposed to be the first show of the tour - tickets were $49.50 - $160.00. TOO MUCH! The $35 I spent on Zoo TV was about the max I would pay and I can't imagine this show being any better.

I think the "pit" tickets around the stage on the Elevation tour were something like $115 (whereas similar top price tickets for the Stones were, what, $350?).

I think also whats going to make things worse this time is the fact that the dollar is so weak compared to when both band's last last toured the US. As neither band is a US act, they'd be more concerned with how their guaranteed fee per show works out in their own currencies than dollars, so for that reason alone, the tickets will be more expensive for US fans than before. I think when I was in the US last time (November 2002) it was something like $1.60 to the pound - now its only a few cents short of $2.00.

I'd very much doubt that anyone will get change of $100 for even the shittiest Stones seat this time. $49.50 for any ticket is a steal.
January 20th, 2005 10:21 AM
jb
quote:
Joey wrote:

Josh .........................................

Here it is 9:06 AM CDT and I STILL have yet to take my morning " Dump " .......Should I be concerned ?!?!

Please ...............I's values your's opinions !

Jersey Joe !

Me either and my stomach pain has come back the last two weeks......My GI said I have functional abdominal pain....try benefiber..unlike metamusal, it's clear, not gritty, and no flavor.....
January 20th, 2005 10:26 AM
gypsy
quote:
jb wrote:
Me either and my stomach pain has come back the last two weeks......My GI said I have functional abdominal pain....try benefiber..unlike metamusal, it's clear, not gritty, and no flavor.....

I love it when jb and joey have their little "Maalox Moments." So touching...so sweet...so makes me think about my Grandma and her friends.
January 20th, 2005 10:28 AM
jb Gypsy, how long is a plane ride from Miami to Oklahoma?
January 20th, 2005 10:29 AM
gypsy Approximately three hours!
January 20th, 2005 10:32 AM
Joey
quote:
jb wrote:

Bless you my Jewish Brother .......

By the way :

I continue to have benign fasciculations, stomach pain, flank pain, I.B.S. , a shy bladder , a scorching case of Bell's Palsey and stress related disorders .

J
January 20th, 2005 01:24 PM
voodoopug
quote:
jb wrote:
When taking a dump, put a picture of the twat bono in the bowl and aim for his mouth, b/b that motherfucking son of a bitch is full of shit!!!!!!!!!!!

this is a huge mistake....if word gets back to Bono about this, he will attempt to organize a "Save the Turds" benefit show.
Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood