ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

© 1965, 2002 The Associated Newspapers Archive
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [FORO EN ESPAÑOL] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Soundtrack of Our Lives Return to archive
January 14th, 2005 02:55 PM
Nellcote What's the word with this band?
Sounds pretty listenable...anyone?
www.thesoundtrackofourlives.net
January 14th, 2005 03:45 PM
Saint Sway I've heard good things about them.

they'll be opening for The Black Crowes on March 25th at the Hammerstein Ballroom in NYC as one of the "hand picked' acts selected by Chris & Rich Robinson to open one of the 5 night reunion shows. That alone is reason enough in my book to give them a spin.
January 14th, 2005 04:07 PM
voodoopug this looks interesting, i would like to take a listen to these guys
January 14th, 2005 08:09 PM
Make It Funky Well yeah, STOOL have a very Stonesy/'72 sound... and BenKweller (who I saw in Brissy last August) is very entertaining. "The Rules" is a fantastic song. I suspect any band the Black Crowes asks and gets to open up for them, are going to be above board. Trust their music and trust their judgement.

Cheers!
January 17th, 2005 12:05 PM
jb Sadly, most bands have chose to follow the LZ, Beatles, Aerosmith appraoch than the vlues inspired rock of the Stones. We are not popular among any ofg the newer bands...
January 17th, 2005 04:21 PM
polytoxic Soundtrack Of Our Lives are an awesome band.
Their last album, Behind The Music (2002) is one of the few --and I mean few--albums by a newer band I can listen to all the way through. Just put it on and sit back
No filler. They borrow freely from the Stones, as well as the Who
(check out Surround Sister on their website tsool.com) and Pink Floyd. I would love to see these guys open for the boys.
Highly recommended for anyone that likes their rock with a bit of imagination thrown in. A new album is coming out March 15.
By the way, if you're in the New York area -they're playing at the Bowery Ballroom tomorrow night (Jan 18)., and Friday night (Jan 21) at the Double Door in Chicago.

[Edited by polytoxic]
[Edited by polytoxic]
January 17th, 2005 04:31 PM
polytoxic Soundtrack Of Our Lives are an awesome band.
Their last album, Behind The Music (2002) is one of the few --and I mean few--albums by a newer band I can listen to all the way through.
No filler. They borrow freely from the Stones, as well as the Who
(check out Surround Sister on their website tsool.com) and Pink Floyd. I would love to see these guys open for the boys.
Highly recommended for anyone that likes their rock with a bit of imagination thrown in. A new album is coming out March 15.
Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood