ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

© 1965, 2002 The Associated Newspapers Archive
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [FORO EN ESPAÑOL] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: No Kid Rock at Inauguration Bash Return to archive
January 14th, 2005 08:46 AM
Ten Thousand Motels No Kid Rock at Inauguration Bash
earvolution.com

Rumors have been swirling around D.C. that Kid Rock would perform at an inauguration bash hosted by the Bush twins, Barbara and Jenna. Now, World Net Daily is "reporting" that the Presidential Inauguration Committee backed off from having the Detroit bad boy on the bill after complaints from conservative activits, including the "Campaign for Children and Families (CCF)." The CCF is taking credit for getting Kid Rock booted from the show on the organization's website.

Hillary Duff is now reported as the headliner for the event.

[Edited by Ten Thousand Motels]
January 14th, 2005 08:54 AM
nankerphelge What a shame -- such talent going to waste!
January 14th, 2005 09:02 AM
Ten Thousand Motels It seems the "family values" constituency think The Kid is a bad influence on young minds.
January 14th, 2005 09:05 AM
nankerphelge He's just a bad influence on music!

And he hasn't done himself any favors:

"due to his profanity-laden lyrics, and his infamous line in 2001 song "You Never Met a [bleep] Quite Like Me," sang, "I met the President when I was half-stoned."

In an earlier song in 1990, when the President's father George was in charge of the country alongside the elder Barbara as First Lady, Kid Rock sang, "Pimp of the Nation, I could be it/ As a matter of fact, I forsee it/ But only pimpin' 'hos with the big tush/ While you be left pimpin' Barbara Bush."

January 14th, 2005 09:41 AM
glencar This is why the GOP has a reputation as a bunch of uptight garden club denizens. Yes, Kid Rock sucks but to replace him with Hilary Duff is such an uncool move.
January 16th, 2005 02:49 AM
seclusion Kid Rock has put out some shit but to his credit 'Only God Knows Why' is a fantastic song, imo.
January 16th, 2005 06:10 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
seclusion wrote:
Kid Rock has put out some shit but to his credit 'Only God Knows Why' is a fantastic song, imo.

Kid Rock's cool???? Kid Rock sux???
He's laughing all the way to the bank.
January 16th, 2005 06:16 PM
Bloozehound > "Pimp of the Nation, I could be it/ As a matter of fact, I forsee it/ But only pimpin' 'hos with the big tush/ While you be left pimpin' Barbara Bush."

LOL~!

that's a great line
January 16th, 2005 06:25 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
Bloozehound wrote:
that's a great line

It is?
What constitutes a "great line"? I mean it's kind of funny.
January 16th, 2005 06:44 PM
corgi37 Has Kid Rock been around since 1990?

Bloody hell, what is wrong with you Yanks? Cant you "retire" him. Similar to JFK and Martin Luther King?

Or, send him to Area 51. Or is it 52? I can never remember.

Thank Satan and his beastly followers Kid Rock has never broken through here. I just couldnt stand it.

P.S. Hillary Duff - lame - yes.
Cute as a button - yes.
Do-able??? - Fucking A!

January 16th, 2005 07:02 PM
Ten Thousand Motels Hilary Duff? Man she's just a kid for chrissakes. Of course some kids grow up to be Christiana's and Britney's but whatever....the circle spins. Anyway there must be an area 51 "down under" to send him.
January 16th, 2005 07:09 PM
Bloozehound
quote:
Ten Thousand Motels wrote:

It is?
What constitutes a "great line"? I mean it's kind of funny.

exactly

it's so dumb it's funny
January 16th, 2005 08:18 PM
Ten Thousand Motels Life is soooo unfair. Personally I'd rather see Kid Rock inaugurated and Bush uninvited.
January 16th, 2005 09:36 PM
corgi37 We could send Kid Rock to the old Woomera rocket range. It's where the Poms tested their nuke devices in the 50's.

But, i'd just like to shake his hand 1st and congradulate him on fixing Pam Andersons itch.

And for singing a duet with Sheryl "Mrs Corgi" Crowe. Crap song, but she looked incredible in the clip.

Oh, and for being in Joe Dirt and working with Brittany Daniels.

Hubba-hubba.
January 16th, 2005 09:45 PM
Snappy McJack
quote:
corgi37 wrote:

Oh, and for being in Joe Dirt and working with Brittany Daniels.

Hubba-hubba.

I know she has a twin sister! Double Mint Gum!
January 17th, 2005 06:34 PM
corgi37 She does! Cynthia. They were in "Sweet Valley High", a show for "tweens" around 98. Terrible show, but by God, did they look amazing!

Dont know what became of Cynthia. Though, it is not inconceivable that if Brittany too sick one day to attend a set, Cynthia could double for her.

When i become Earth ruler, those two are going to keep me warm in my bed.

Along with Brooke Burke.

P.S. All with permission of my wife, of course.
Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood