ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

© 1965, 2002 The Associated Newspapers Archive
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [FORO EN ESPAÑOL] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: unreleased gems Return to archive
January 12th, 2005 08:18 AM
masoudi After reading the criss cross mind thread i sourced a copy and was also highly impressed with the song. After 22 years of listening since being transfixed by Rolled Gold as a 10 year old it was nice to uncover a new gem. I spent 2 days in hibernation when i first heard Rolled Gold and since then the Stones have been my lifes hobby.

i was always abit lazy when it came to audio boots but am starting to develop a habit of tracking them down.

12 months ago i had all the official dvds and now have over 100 boot dvds so 2004 for me was like a kid with a new toy each week a new dvd arrived in the mail with a new pro shot concert or doco.

After listening to Criss Cross I am now womdering how many more outtake gems there are for me to hunt. i have a few from the Beggars to Exile period but not from then on. I got Beat Beat at the Beeb a while ago and that was fantastic, cops and robbers being a huge highlight.

Anyway is someone prepared to make a list of outake songs for me to start hunting. I have read that Mickboy has done many of the stones cds from the 70s with outake songs. Or perhaps there are specific outake cds to try and look out for.

Perhaps a top 5 list of unreleased gems is an easier way to start??

Hope to hear a reply

Cheers, Brendon
January 12th, 2005 09:54 AM
jb Claudine
January 12th, 2005 09:57 AM
glencar Strictly Memphis/Going to Memphis
Jah Is Not Dead
January 12th, 2005 01:39 PM
BILL PERKS I NEED YOU
WE HAD IT ALL
DRIFT AWAY
January 12th, 2005 01:49 PM
gustavobala living in the heart of love - Jan. 74

...or is harder, i never knows

well this music is great!
January 12th, 2005 02:10 PM
Mikey Claudine
Munich Hilton
Misty Roads
Alright Charlie (off voodoo brew)
January 12th, 2005 02:11 PM
Fiji Joe Indian Boy...alternate version of Indian Girl
January 12th, 2005 02:22 PM
Joey

Claudine
January 12th, 2005 03:47 PM
BILL PERKS lets do it right=black n blue sessions
January 12th, 2005 03:53 PM
sirmoonie No Spare Parts
Misty Roads
I Need You
Think I'm Going Mad (released as B side)
Zip Mouth Angel
January 12th, 2005 04:39 PM
Fiji Joe Yes, "No Spare Parts" is, IMO, the best of the unplucked gems
January 12th, 2005 04:40 PM
Fiji Joe Although, "Family" is good...or did that one get released?
January 12th, 2005 04:57 PM
Gazza yep..its on Metamorphosis
January 12th, 2005 05:02 PM
Fiji Joe I thought so...I have steadfastly refused to purchase that album..although I would like a clean copy of Memo to Turner
January 12th, 2005 05:30 PM
Gazza yeah but as you probably know its not the same version of "Turner" thats on "Performance" - its by the Stones and is faster and a bit more demo-like.

The "Performance" version is far better. Worth getting that album instead if youre only going to pick one of the two CDs.

That said, theres some decent stuff on Metamorphosis.

January 12th, 2005 06:11 PM
F505
quote:
BILL PERKS wrote:
lets do it right=black n blue sessions

Perks finally found his caps lock
January 12th, 2005 07:39 PM
Scottfree Fiji Jim....circa 77-78, I belive....
January 12th, 2005 09:05 PM
Lazy Bones Honest Man (VL outtake - late '93). "Voodoo Brew" and "Voodoo Stew" will keep you happy...
January 12th, 2005 10:56 PM
Taptrick

SENDING OUT AN INVITATION - But I have never heard it! I have heard this is an excellent extended duet with Mick and Bobby Womack where they get into trading vocal lines. If I recall this can be found on Dirtiest Works or some boot like that. One time I was halfway through obtaining Dirtiest Works on a share program and the dud logged off - haven't seen it since, Any reviews anyone. I have heard this described as an untapped classic.
January 12th, 2005 11:02 PM
Taptrick

.........& my top five would be:

1: Jah Is Not Dead
2: I Love The Ladies
3: Yellow Cab
4: Claudine
5: Zip Mouth Angel
January 13th, 2005 12:19 AM
mac_daddy
quote:
Taptrick wrote:

SENDING OUT AN INVITATION - But I have never heard it! I have heard this is an excellent extended duet with Mick and Bobby Womack where they get into trading vocal lines. If I recall this can be found on Dirtiest Works or some boot like that. One time I was halfway through obtaining Dirtiest Works on a share program and the dud logged off - haven't seen it since, Any reviews anyone. I have heard this described as an untapped classic.

"invitation" certainly makes the list. i still am not sold on "strictly memphis." that "crushed pearl" is pretty sweet, too...

they all have pretty much been listed here...

i would love to hear "hamburger to go" without the speed problems. and i have always enjoyed "i'm a country boy"

is there a studio cut of "let it rock" that i am spacing out on..? if there isnt, there should be...

and i still think the take of "you got me rockin'" that is on keef's voodoo lounge (part of voodoo stew) should have been used...

there is some stuff from the ghs/iorr period that i know am fond of, i am just blanking on it atm...
January 13th, 2005 12:41 AM
corgi37 I got Beggars Breakfast. It's ok. Keith singing vocal on Love is Strong is...interesting.

Oh, and i've been securing some live stuff from 73 the past week. Absolutely amazing! Street fighting man is incredible, and thats saying something, as i generally hate it. For the life of me i cant recall what its called. Terrific 73? Dunno. I will find out when i get home.
January 13th, 2005 02:23 AM
padre Brown Sugar with Clapton on slide rocks like fuck. I really can't make up my mind which one is better, the released version or this.
The acoustic countryblues stuff from Keef's VL sessions are excellent, too.
January 15th, 2005 03:25 AM
Navin You got it made - Vooodoo Stew
January 17th, 2005 07:47 AM
crb69 Do You Think I Really Care?
Living In the Heart of Love(with)
Andrew's Blues...
I Need You,
Get Yourself Together,(and)
Save Me!
Highway Child
I'm a Country Boy
Stewed and Keefed
And Mr. Spector & Mr. Pitney Came Too
Sweet Home Chicago

Imagine 'em all cleaned up & released in a box set with great alternate versions of other hits...we can dream can't we?

January 17th, 2005 04:26 PM
kath i know i can dream..that would be pretty damn fine allright!
January 17th, 2005 06:27 PM
corgi37 When its all over, thats when we'll get all this stuff.

Every bloody Christmas! hahahaha.

I also kind of like the 22 minute (or is it 22mb?)version of Miss You. Jaggers voice sounded so shot during the Some Girls sessions. Really sounds like they were recording at 4am after a night of Rebel Yell.

Cocksucker Blues, the long version with electric guitars and drums (i think it was dug up from 78 too) is pretty fine.
Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood