ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

nAStY hABiTs rEsTRoOm.
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: YOTIburger!! Return to archive
01-21-03 08:58 AM
nankerphelge WARNING! WARNING!
DO NOT EAT YOTIburgers

So before I head into NYC for the show, I have to aid in the surprise baby shower for my sister-in-law at 12:30. Unfortunately, I didn't get a chance to eat -- but hey -- no problem -- a pastrami sandwhich at YOTI did the trick last time, I figured I just grab another.

Understand that neither the bar nor the bar-tender is the model of cleanliness. So I ask the guy for the menu and he tells me that the "chef" didn't make it in.

No kidding -- hard to imagine!!

Anyhow, he offers to cook me a burger.
Alright -- it'll do in a pinch!
"Medium okay?" he asks -- yeah, perfect!

So a few minutes later, the "burger" arrives -- on an English Muffin no less. But it is Ye Olde Triple Inn and so I guess the "chef' usually plops his materpieces on an English Muffin.

But let's make sure it's cooked though right?

So I cut it in half and it is SO uncooked, we could have stitched it up and the cow woulda lived!!

SO I says to the guy I says:

Can you please cook this some more. So the guy, without washing his beer-toting, change-making, ass-wiping hands picks up BOTH halves (one with each hand) and looks at the burger, and agrees to give it another go.

It then comes back on the same fondled muffin and totally incinerated -- I'm talking "get the dental records" cooked!!

Needless to say, I drank all nite on an empty stomach...

[Edited by nankerphelge]
01-21-03 09:06 AM
TomL And you hung in there quite well.
01-21-03 09:55 AM
Maxlugar That is so unlike Ye Olde Triple Inn!

When I go there for lunch, master chef Gerald Passedat and his partner Jean-Pierre Billoux (I call them Passy and Billy) entertain my pallet like a drunken cheerleader on Home Coming weekend.

I usually start with the Mousse de Saumonet Capres or Salade de Tomates et Mozzarella Julienne de Legumes. Then move on to Gratinee de Coquilles St. Jacques washed down with a fine Frederique Peroll 1983.

Ah the sweet and sinfull dance of taste bud and fine YOTI cuisine....

01-21-03 10:02 AM
nankerphelge Oh man, if only the "chef" had shown...
01-21-03 11:21 PM
Sir Stonesalot Indeed, YOTI burgers are served on english muffins.

I gots mine with bacon and swiss cheese.

It was delicious. I kept tasting it all through the Roseland show.

I can't believe I missed this one. I am SO depressed.

You can't even imagine.

Visits since January 9, 2003 - 10:46 PM EST