ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

nAStY hABiTs rEsTRoOm.
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Who was the man on the picture of MSG? Return to archive
01-21-03 12:30 AM
Mannish Bwoy Could anyone tell me of was the old man playing with the Stones at MSG? It was the main pictures on Rocks Off two days ago? What's is name, who's he and what kind of music does he play? Is he a blues artist? If so why did i never heard of him? Waht song did he performed the 16th at Madison Square Garden? Thank you very much.
Mannish Bwoy
01-21-03 12:34 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Mr. Hubert Sumlin
01-21-03 12:39 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Click the image for the thread

01-21-03 07:41 AM
macawber hubert sumlin was howlin wolfs guitar player for many years.the song you would most likely know from them done by the stones is little red rooster.
01-21-03 09:39 AM
Tom Little Red Rooster is by Willie Dixon
01-21-03 11:21 AM
i_avoid_ripoffs
quote:
Mannish Bwoy wrote:
Could anyone tell me of was the old man playing with the Stones at MSG? It was the main pictures on Rocks Off two days ago? What's is name, who's he and what kind of music does he play? Is he a blues artist? If so why did i never heard of him? Waht song did he performed the 16th at Madison Square Garden? Thank you very much.
Mannish Bwoy

well boy you certainly should know this...if you never heard of him, you simply have not been paying attention...that happens to be Hubert Sumlin...he was the guitarist for Howlin' Wolf for 25 years...and having hung out with him many times, i know he is one helluva nice guy!!

01-21-03 01:15 PM
Maxlugar Did you ever hangout with Pete "The Kids are Alright" Townsend as a small boy?

Did he, you know, "touch" you or make you uncomfortable in any way?

Developing like a trouser trout in Petey's pants at a boy scout meeting......
01-21-03 02:53 PM
macawber tom wrote:little red rooster is by willie dixon

you're half right,willie dixon played bass in howlin wolfs band and co-wrote little red rooster.

Visits since January 9, 2003 - 10:46 PM EST