ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

nAStY hABiTs rEsTRoOm.
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: New live album comming in October/November? Return to archive
01-20-03 09:49 PM
Soldatti People what work with the Stones and in Virgin are speaking about a new live album (double maybe) with classics and rare songs.
Some interactive parts maybe will be including in this (Astoria show) with Bill Wyman & Mick Taylor in this show, aparently.
in comming weeks and months we will know more, but for new Studio album is very hard what come this year.
01-20-03 09:58 PM
Madafaka I hope so... But could be better a really big boxset with all the 40 licks concerts! Hehehe.
01-20-03 10:16 PM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy No way Wyman and Taylor will show up at the Astoria show. The "Funeral Director" comment all but seals that case file. The Stones don't *want* to be seen as constantly looking back at the past. The band currently consists of four members: Mick Jagger, Keith Richards, Charlie Watts and Ronnie Wood. And that's how it's gonna stay for now. People who are out of the band are out of the band, is my guess. They want to keep up the idea that they're still a working band, not an "umpteenth reunion tour" band like The Who became.

And they tried having Taylor back as a guest in '81, remember? And they didn't like it, and it's never happened since.

Who're your sources for this, Soldatti? I'm gonna wait until we hear from Sergei on this one.

-tSYX --- Every day I get in the queue...
01-20-03 11:07 PM
FPM C10 It's EXTREMELY doubtful that they would release a live album after the way "No Security" stiffed - although they COULD do a doozy from this tour.

I think what killed Bill's chances of sitting in was when he made a comment that he could see doing it for a "Last Waltz" type of appearance. The Stones will NEVER do a last waltz.
01-20-03 11:19 PM
Boomhauer Soldatti

You have some sort of connections with the Stones and Virgin?

A new studio album would be cool. Well, so would a live album, especially with some of the club versions.
01-20-03 11:40 PM
KeepRigid Of course, we know they'll eventually release something live from the Licks tour, but it would be a surprise to get it before a new studio album.

Hopefully, they'll follow Stripped's blueprint and rely heavily on the club shows mixed with some new live covers.
01-21-03 01:01 AM
gypsy Keep, darling, they spelled it 'comming.' Noticed that error alot lately. What is up with that?
01-21-03 04:54 AM
beer
quote:
TheSavageYoungXyzzy wrote:
The Stones don't *want* to be seen as constantly looking back at the past

And they tried having Taylor back as a guest in '81, remember? And they didn't like it, and it's never happened since.

Who're your sources for this, Soldatti? I'm gonna wait until we hear from Sergei on this one.

-tSYX --- Every day I get in the queue...

----------------------------------------------------

"The Stones Don't want to keep looking back at their past"????

RUBBISH, Look at the setlist! The PAST is their friggin foundation!

"And they tried having Taylor back as a guest in '81, remember? And they didn't like it, and it's never happened since."

Yes, BUT, keep in mind, when all is said and done, KEITH'S word is pretty much law regarding the Stones. Keith ASKED MICK TAYLOR to play on his solo album in 1988. and, keith played onstage with Taylor again after that at a club in NY. So, it would seem that Keith doesn't have such bad feelings toward Mick Taylor. Keith didn't dismiss the possibilty of playing with Mick T or Bill on this tour. It was the first question adked at the press conference by someone from this board. I can't remember who though.

01-21-03 06:45 AM
corgi37 Oh great, just what the world needs. Another live album. Shit, release the unreleased i say. Keith said in that interview with the AUssie journo that their released stuff is just the tip of the iceberg. It would take, like, a week to put something together and chuck it out. Anything fresh is better than another live album. What we DO need, is a 3 DVD set. 1 dvd of each different stage set up. Complete with reheasal footage, backstage stuff, logistics, stage facts/figures, interviews with crew and band and true 5.1 sound. If anyone here thinks a live album would sell well, they are kidding themselves. Live albums, by any band, just dont sell anymore. And with mp3 and the internet, even less so. Things have changed a hell of a lot since No Security. For a start, their was no Britney then!
01-21-03 08:21 AM
Maxlugar I can't imagine they'd release another live album either.

If they did, they should release it over the internet straight from their website. Maybe give the real fans the ability to create their own disk from a large choice of songs. We, after all, are the only ones interested in this stuff.

Now, as far as Bill Wyman and Mick Taylor goes, I am absolutely sure they will be invited for guest spots in Europe. Keith says a lot of stuff he doesn't really mean. Was it not him that said you will not find Undercover on 40 licks? That funeral director comment was just a joke. Bill Wyman is one of the boys and would never take offense to that.

01-21-03 08:30 AM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy
quote:
beer wrote:
RUBBISH, Look at the setlist! The PAST is their friggin foundation!

True - but the Stones keep on saying that this is *not* The Last Time. The setlists are the way they are now because they're not touring behind a new album - only one single. They build on the past - but they're still buildin'.

quote:
beer then continued:
...keep in mind, when all is said and done, KEITH'S word is pretty much law regarding the Stones. Keith ASKED MICK TAYLOR to play on his solo album in 1988. and, keith played onstage with Taylor again after that at a club in NY. So, it would seem that Keith doesn't have such bad feelings toward Mick Taylor. Keith didn't dismiss the possibilty of playing with Mick T or Bill on this tour. It was the first question adked at the press conference by someone from this board. I can't remember who though.

Right. Riffhard asked it. And our boy Micky T. has already said he's just waitin' on a call from the boys. But with the way they're playing now, *especially* Keith this second leg, who's playing like a revitalized madman same as Ronnie, they don't *need* Taylor and Bill to come back. There'd be no point. As this isn't the last time, nor do they need the help of any of these guys, I really don't think it's gonna happen. They're eagerly looking forward. And if you put some faith Ronnie's taste in music, who's down-and-out ecstatic about the tracks they recorded in Paris, it looks like the Stones are headed for a big revival album.

The *most* I can think of would be a guest appearance by Taylor for one song... probably an old blues number, and *not* "Can't You Hear Me Knocking". But that's just my guess.

Bill was right... they might bring 'em back for a last waltz kind of deal. But this ain't their last waltz at all.

-tSYX --- I'm gonna walk, before they make me run...
01-21-03 08:34 AM
Moonisup hahah YES that would be fun in Astoria good old billie boy back!!!

and they always do a live album, I hope this time with VERY RARE played songs.
01-21-03 11:07 AM
Nasty Habits
quote:
Maxlugar wrote:
I can't imagine they'd release another live album either.

If they did, they should release it over the internet straight from their website. Maybe give the real fans the ability to create their own disk from a large choice of songs. We, after all, are the only ones interested in this stuff.

Now, as far as Bill Wyman and Mick Taylor goes, I am absolutely sure they will be invited for guest spots in Europe. Keith says a lot of stuff he doesn't really mean. Was it not him that said you will not find Undercover on 40 licks? That funeral director comment was just a joke. Bill Wyman is one of the boys and would never take offense to that.

I don't want another live album, but I'm pretty sure it's going to happen. In fact, the chances of a new studio album, as previously promised, in this particular "stones arc" are what I find very remote. Sad to say but said nontheless.

And I say no chance to appearances by ex-Stones. Esp. Bill. My sense of things is that the rehearsal structure is too fragile to allow Bill to play bass. Maybe Taylor for Love In Vain or something is possible, but I consider it extremely unlikely. I would love to be proven wrong. I think it would be cool to see/hear those boys be in the band one more time. Not that it would "save" or even change the band, but just to see/hear about it happening would be interesting.

This custom made live album bit is a GREAT idea. You remain on the very cutting edge of the Stones imaginational fanscape.
01-21-03 01:26 PM
Martha To those of you who are "experts" on this subject , (so to speak) what do you think are the chances of guests appearing with the Stones at the benefit concert in L.A. February 6th? Now that it is sinking in that I am actually going..I've been thinking about other benefit concerts and how many artists get involved/appear as guests to support the cause. My question..what are the chances of that happening? And who might appear?

Thankyouverymuch!

Visits since January 9, 2003 - 10:46 PM EST