ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

nAStY hABiTs rEsTRoOm.
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: 40 RIP-OFFS Return to archive
01-20-03 11:43 AM
i_avoid_ripoffs well i for one am sickened by all of the rip-offs & horror stories i have been hearing & reading about this band & this tour...ticket prices set for only the rich yuppie types, shutting out many true, hardcore, working-class fans...a fan club website run by scum-bags, not true "fans"...scamming people into memberships & then not allowing ticket purchases...also, ridiculously high merchandise prices...are the stones hurting for cash??...or would it be possible for them to do a show without charging a lot more than any other band does??...is it all about greed with these guys now??...have they lost their passion for the music??...it's obvious they have great disdain for their true fan base & i'm not going to let them treat me like a fool like so many of you suckers out there...i guess i would lose respect for anyone that would allow me to screw them this bad & kept coming back for more too...what we need is a true fan boycott of this band & all of their endeavors...i'm fed up & not allowing them to take advantage of me any longer, how about you???
01-20-03 11:50 AM
egon true. compared to lots of other bands the ticket are expensive. i bought mine for euro 51,50 (marseille/field),
but i think it's worth it.

and what is expensive? one night on the piss, costs a lot more than 50 euros

01-20-03 12:04 PM
Maxlugar The Stones are getting what they are worth.

Supply and demand.

So the prices are just right. The market determines that, not you or I.

If they were over-charging they would not be getting it.

What you are asking them to do is undercharge.

If they were to undercharge at, say $10.00 a ticket, the supply would dry up so fast you wouldn't have a chance to see them then either.

The world can not make more Rolling Stones so many will not get to see them.

Their product is still plenty good too.

So next time you hear they will be on tour (and they usually give you plenty of notice) start rolling up your coins and mow more lawns and by the time they come to your town you'll be able to buy a ticket.

Now get to work!

Maxy!
01-20-03 12:06 PM
Sir Stonesalot iar.....you suck wrinkled monkey ballbags.

My only regret is that I don't have more money to throw at the Stones.

You can boycott my ass.
01-20-03 12:29 PM
Scottfree ......Slips in Primitive Cool circa 1987 in the CD player, forwards to track 2. "Lets work, be proud, stand tall, touch the clouds, lets work kill poverty...." nanananna nananana
01-20-03 12:37 PM
mikecooper I was lucky I bought 6 tickets for chicago (second night) for 500.00. not bad we are the 300 section. i would not have bought tickets at 150.00 for the show, thank god all scalpers bought most of the tickets and people in the chicago area are going to take a bath on tickets. its not that people dont want to see the stones, just people wont pay 150.00 a seat and then if you have to buy from a scalper you are fucked even more.
01-20-03 01:05 PM
sirmoonie Is $150 a lot of money? What the fuck do some of you people do all day that blowing $150 causes you so much grief? Like egonnie said, "one night on the piss" can blow that. I like that. One night on the piss.

Working class, my ass! Christ man, when I was twelve years old, I could scram up a $150 if I had to.

You could stand on a street corner with a cup in your hand for a day or two and come up with $150.

Jesus. Flip burgs for two, yes a mere TWO days at McDonald's and they'll sport you $150.

I don't get it.

Shades of The Great Fishmash. Downtrending.
01-20-03 01:09 PM
Fiji Joe Shut your pie hole you got the day off for MLK, baggy pants wearing, limp-bizkit listening, robitussin drinking, ADD having, soccerball kicking poser...I'll work you like a sex slave, you'll gets no rest...
01-20-03 03:46 PM
telecaster
quote:
i_avoid_ripoffs wrote:
..what we need is a true fan boycott of this band & all of their endeavors...i'm fed up & not allowing them to take advantage of me any longer, how about you???

Power to The People! Ok, you start the boycott. Send out Emails to all the fans, memos to all the newspapers and TV stations and make all of the picket signs. Start Tues night at the United Center in Chicago.

Oh wait, if you got a real job instead and quit bitching
you wouldn't blink about ticket prices.
01-20-03 03:57 PM
exile i_avoid_ripoffs you can shove your boycott up your ass

I dont mind paying whatever to go see the greatest rock and roll band in the world

tightass
01-20-03 03:58 PM
Mr T not many great shows are gonnna have tix under $40. so maybe for your cash you won't be as close to the Stones as you would with other bands - but no one's demanding you dish out $300 to be in the front row. Fans who bitch as much as you should be as content to sit in the back row as I was. If its not better just to be there, then its not worth going to. If you can't afford the good seats and can't deal with the cheap seats, than that's your own problem.
01-20-03 04:05 PM
sasca I don't care whether the audience is working-class, middle-class or upper-class but of course the Stones are in it primarily for the money. Or why are they only touring where they can make the most?
And, as some have said, they are entitled to do so. Doesn't make it admirable.

If you justify prices by 'supply and demand', how can you object when someone says that there is no demand from their section of the market? And surely one is justified in applying pressure to have the price of the supply lessened? That's one way in which markets change, isn't it?
01-20-03 04:09 PM
Maxlugar "And surely one is justified in applying pressure to have the price of the supply lessened? That's one way in which markets change, isn't it?"

Commie!

01-20-03 04:16 PM
sasca Capitalist, surely?
01-20-03 04:26 PM
Scottfree Puts Primitive Cool back in, forwards to track 2, presses repeat..... Lets work..........
01-20-03 04:56 PM
purrcafe I really don't feel ripped off. Not even by the fan club or Clear Channel. Because of the fan club I was able to get tickets to a show in Amsterdam. I've already seen the Stones at Roseland this tour, and from the 2nd row on the No Security tour, to name just two shows through the years, but being able to see them in a whole other culture? That is gonna be cool. And you know what else? When I had trouble with the European fan club tickets, Clear Channel was really helpful in straightening it out once I got connected to the right person. So, no I don't feel screwed (and tickets to my very first concert [in 1976, and not the Stones] cost all of $5.50!
01-20-03 05:10 PM
fmk438j I f you saved a dollar a day ever since there were rumours of a tour you could have been sweet.

Early rumours said they wreen't coming my way so I was saving for Tokyo. Thankgod they're coming.

If you love something you can find a way to buy it. You simply don't think about it, just like buying beer. Since when did you buy a case and go, "hmmm, I handed over X dollars", you just buy it because you need it and that's the end of the story.
01-20-03 05:15 PM
Highwire Rob Stones are credit card worthy!!

In fact, Stones are Max-Out credit card worthy.

[Already maxed out cards? Well, then I hope you did it with some Stones!!]
01-20-03 05:25 PM
Mr T "I f you saved a dollar a day ever since there were rumours of a tour you could have been sweet."

now there's a point. but I waited 10 years for my first Stones concert - so for me it woulda been more like saving a nickel a day. for me, the wait was a much bigger cost than the price of tickets. so please, if you don't wanna see them as badly as I do, don't contribute to jamming the phone lines when tickets for their next tour go on sale. you'll be doing me a favor
01-20-03 06:16 PM
SirMuddy I don't have big money...
But sometime it cost me 150$ for an ounce of weed...
and I fucking buy it...
A stones show worth an ounce of weed
isn't it?
BTW the Rocks off message is the place where I less hear that kind of comments..... (boycott & $hit)
maybe cause Rocks have the gratest % of true stones fans?
If you wanna go to the show...
you give your life for it...
or fuck up.

and if you don't have the money: steal it!
01-20-03 07:03 PM
sirmoonie
quote:
SirMuddy wrote:
I don't have big money...
But sometime it cost me 150$ for an ounce of weed...
and I fucking buy it...
A stones show worth an ounce of weed
isn't it?
BTW the Rocks off message is the place where I less hear that kind of comments..... (boycott & $hit)
maybe cause Rocks have the gratest % of true stones fans?
If you wanna go to the show...
you give your life for it...
or fuck up.

and if you don't have the money: steal it!

Damn straight jack-piss on the nuts, my fellow knight! Like SSie say, them Stones motherfuckers are a way of life. Deal blow, actually blow, blow someone's head off, it don't matter. Just get your deck to the Stones. All else is vituperous scumbaggitry with marginal change.

"Tie a rope around my unit, pour a keg of beer down my throat and call me a Stones blowfish, Ronnie!"
01-20-03 07:03 PM
full moon Put your Korn cd on and go rob a fucking bank you twat..........
01-20-03 07:10 PM
sirmoonie
quote:
full moon wrote:
Put your Korn cd on and go rob a fucking bank you twat..........

Damn straight jack-piss on the nuts, my fellow moonie!

Stones bash like a Dresden firestorm on Sunday morning. Shuffle, hustle, show the ladies your biggest muscle, but jetfly your wingo ass to the Stones. All else is pure muffdom.

"Fill my nose with roach rails and call me a Stones Leviathan, Ronnie!"
01-20-03 07:12 PM
sasca
quote:
full moon wrote:
Put your Korn cd on and go rob a fucking bank you twat..........

Why the rage? Jaysus.

I wish I had the opportunity to spend too much on a Stones concert but the bastards are too cheap to come down to Cape Town.
01-20-03 07:55 PM
Angiegirl So, I guess it's fair to say you people all don't really agree with our thread-starter, right?

Besides, I think it's a brilliant idea to ask fans (in your first post on RO ever...!!!) to boycot the shows, especially now, when almost every seat in da houses around the world are sold out!!! Great, very early-catching etc. Brilliant, I must admit. Jeez, some people...
01-20-03 09:09 PM
Scot Rocks THIS IS THE GREATEST BAND IN THE WORLD!!!!!

Now stop Bitchin' I don't need to repeat what everyone has said, the masses have spoken now GTF

Mark
01-20-03 09:15 PM
gypsymofo60 i- avoid- ripoffs, Your heart may have been in the right place, but you've gotta know this was never gonna be the place to post that dummy-spit. Of course it could be a wind-up. As so many others have said,_ "what else can a Stones boy do, but to pay to see his rock n' roll band?"_ People fork out all kinds of dosh for the most,(IMHO),loathsome, purile garbage, but who am I to tell them to do otherwise?-- I'm afraid yours will be a one man boycott Ol' chum, meanwhile the NUMBERS will be rockin' in the aisles. Have you ever seen how much a really greedy individual like,(I wont mention any names), BARBARA STREISAND commands? It aint just The Stones out to keep making a buck you know, that's what it's all about anyway, money! I suppose you deliver whatever wonderfull service you provide society with gratis eh?
01-20-03 09:18 PM
Highwire Rob Oh, one more thing, i_avoid_ripoffs

Since your so concerned about the economy of Rolling Stones values:

YOU DON'T NEED UNDERSCORES "_" IN YOUR USERNAME!!

Sorry for shouting. It's just if he'd/she'd spent some more time on the board getting to know Stones fans before launching in to the first rant, he/she might have picked that up.
01-21-03 04:43 AM
Dr. Frankenstone
quote:
Scottfree wrote:
......Slips in Primitive Cool circa 1987 in the CD player,

PLEASE NO!!! Do I have to? I understand your point, but this would be a torterous.
Stop the fucking tape!!!
OK...LETS WORK!!! BE PROUD!!! God help me!!!

[Edited by Dr. Frankenstone]

Visits since January 9, 2003 - 10:46 PM EST