ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

nAStY hABiTs rEsTRoOm.
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: what's up with blondie?? Return to archive
01-20-03 06:05 AM
stonedinaustralia i just read a thread on keno's board saying that he's playing a lot of guitar??

what, exactly, is his role??... is he holding down all the rhythm stuff??

without having seen him with them on this tour he doesn't really fit into my "perception" of what's going on...what gives??

tia

[Edited by stonedinaustralia]
01-20-03 06:31 AM
beer When I saw 'em in November i was surprised to see Blondie played guitar on Slippin Away, Sympathy For The Devil, Satisfaction, and maybe a couple others too, I can't remember the exact ones. I wrote it down in my review of the Tacoma show on this board, but I'm not gonna go diggin through the archives to find out

But I was wonderin why he was playing so much guitar.
01-20-03 09:27 AM
luxury1 Mick has Bernard, and Keith has Blondie. He's Keith man, and yes I believe Maxlugar said it once before--he's holding for Keith.
01-20-03 11:42 AM
Scottfree After seeing Keith on thios HBO show, I don't think Blondie is holding for Keef, I think he is adding some filler, I only saw him with an acoustic the other night. Filler will sound nice on the sound board copy....
01-20-03 12:14 PM
Maxlugar By holding I mean...never mind...

I saw him with an accoustic quite often.

I don't like that.

My wife asked if he is a guy or a girl and I couldn't give her an answer that I was 100% comfortable with.

01-20-03 01:11 PM
100 Years Ago if he is just playing acoustic then he's probably adding that "air" to the sound that Keith likes so much, at least he's talked about it before in past interviews how an acoustic guitar add's "air" or lift the to the sound...plus he's probably holding too, though only for Keith (no Woody) this tour, so his salary is probably cut in half

Visits since January 9, 2003 - 10:46 PM EST