ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

nAStY hABiTs rEsTRoOm.
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: is this true or not? Return to archive
01-19-03 10:27 PM
fna69 I was told that Elton John once did a live duet with the Stones. Just curious if this is true, and if it is what song did they do? Is there any mp3 or audio of it 2. thanks a bunch
chris
01-19-03 10:35 PM
Angiegirl I thought he only played the piano once, dunno when or what...
01-19-03 10:36 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl He played piano in the 1975 tour, only in Honky Tonk Woman

[Edited by VoodooChileInWOnderl]
01-19-03 10:42 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl For details check Gazza's setlist page 1962-2003, he played at the Hughes Stadium,Univrsity of Colorado in Fort Collins on July 19. I have the CDs "I'm Working So Hard" with it

http://www.albec.net.mx/personales/rocksoff/1975p3.htm
01-20-03 12:04 AM
LadyJane Is that the show where "Sir Reg" stole the piano from Billy Preston and wouldn't give it up? I believe a fight ensued between Keith and Elton and the two haven't spoke since......!!!!

I LOVE KEITH RICHARDS!!!

LadyJ.
01-20-03 12:04 AM
fna69 Thanks a bunch. I appreciate it.
chris
01-20-03 03:24 AM
stonedinaustralia i think you are correct lady j.

also i recall a story fom '75 when mick and peter rudge were trying to work up a big finale for the final show of the tour in nyc - at some point someone suggested some elephants could be brought on stage at the conclusion of the show - keith apparantley protested saying it "(wasn't) in the contract" and it wasn't going to happen and besides, he said, i've already worked with elton on this tour and that was bad enough!!

[Edited by stonedinaustralia]
01-20-03 05:02 AM
gypsymofo60 Hey SIA! I remember that, along with the story about how,(Ithink it was Chip Monk), who kept putting something delightful in Mick's bucket of rose petals, which he closed the show by throwing into the audience. I remember reading how Mick put up with this night after night until Monk put a pig's head or something in the bucket which Mick detected in time and promptly slung at Monk.
01-20-03 06:07 AM
Monkey Woman It was a pig's foot! That was the 1972 tour -- read the book by Robert Greenfield, "STP: A Journey through America with the Rolling Stones".
There was also a talk of an elephant on stage, presenting Mick with a bunch of flowers, but it was nixed when the MSG raised security concerns. Instead, they staged a cream pie fight!
01-20-03 06:45 AM
beer 1975
"Elton John took our hospitality a bit far in Fort Collins, Colorado. He was supposed to play on "Honky Tonk Women", our opening number. To the surprise of everyone- not least us - he remained on stage for the next 10 songs!" Bill Wyman
01-20-03 08:42 AM
Maxlugar They were to ride in on elephants like Hannibal.

Keith refused saying he had already worked with Elton and that we was not working with animals anymore.

The Lotus stage would not have handled the weight so I don't think it was to be MSG. It was to be a stadium show I think.
01-20-03 10:10 AM
LadyJane It was a stadium show, right here in good old Buffalo, New York. And I should remember because it was my first stadium concert. The Stones ended up cancelling most or much of the South American leg and decided to return to Western New York for the final show of the Tour of the America's.

My take at the time: Mick must have felt my presence at the arena show in June. He knows how much I love him and he wants to come back to Buffalo. ROTFL.

OMG--To be 15 again!!

LadyJ.
[Edited by LadyJane]
[Edited by LadyJane]
01-20-03 01:16 PM
Fiji Joe "I believe a fight ensued between Keith and Elton and the two haven't spoke since......!!!!"

Are you kidding me? What would such a fight entail?...

"Im sssserious Keef...you better sssstop...(girlie like hand slaps)...That'sss it...you're no longer invited to my coming out party"

01-20-03 01:24 PM
Monkey Woman The reference to 'animals' about Elton is pure Keith. I can't help laughing, even if I quite like Elton -- his music, not his looks!
So Mick and Peter Rudge were trying once again to bring elephants on stage in 1975...

Visits since January 9, 2003 - 10:46 PM EST