ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

nAStY hABiTs rEsTRoOm.
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Commrade Bloomburg Furious at the Stones... Return to archive
01-19-03 11:26 AM
Riffhard Can you fucking beleive this jerkoff Mike Bloomburg(the mayor of NYC)?! He said that he is furious that the security gaurds did not stop the Stones from smoking while they performed at the Garden. If this asshole has his way all of NYC will be under his thumb.

Hey here's a clue for you Bloomburg The Stones just dumped several million dollars worth of revenue on your fair city. Shut the fuck up! The gall of this guy just has me so pissed off I can hardly type.

"Who's that man on the corner? Not that corner,the one over there!" It's Mike Bloomburg's smoking police! God I hope,and beleive,he's only a one term mayor! What a complete putz!

Riffhard

PS-See the Drudge Report for the whole sorry story.
01-19-03 04:04 PM
Riffhard ...this just in Bloomy is furious at the police officers who attended last night's tapping of the Stones show for HBO. Apparently he had instructed the officers to issues citations to the band if they lit up while on-stage. The cops watched the whole show via monitor instead and never ticketed the offending smokers,Ronnie Wood and Keith Richards.

Now I ask ya,what cop in his/her right mind would ask Keith or Ronnie to put out their butts in mid-performance?! The sheer idiocy of Mayor Mike is unbefuckingleivable! He also wants to make it illegle to smoke while walking on the city's sidewalks as well as all of the city's parks!! He is quickly turning NYC into a police state! New York already has the toughest anti smoking laws in the country and he wants to make it even harder to light up.

Riffhard
[Edited by Riffhard]
01-19-03 04:54 PM
Gazza Christ on a fucking bike....

Isn't it good to see that with all the horrible things that have happened to New York in the last year or two that things are getting back to normal and Bloomberg is concentrating on the more pressing issues that matter to society? No doubt this means the end of civilization as we all know it and before long the fine citizens of the Big Apple will see crime rocket back to the heyday of the '70's.

..and to think fuckwits like this will be the first to lecture other people on matters such as freedom and democracy.
01-19-03 04:58 PM
Moonisup well it could be a reason why people said that ronnie did not smoke that much

I stopped smoking 4 weeks ago

but that fucker bloomberg is a fool

01-19-03 05:06 PM
Highwire Rob Kudos to the cops for not acting as puppets!

It's not like Mick was singing:

Heartbreaker with your forty four
I wanna tear your world apart
You heartbreaker with your forty four
I wanna tear your world a part

[Yeah, that one might have riled up the cops a bit if they had performed it!]
01-19-03 05:28 PM
sirmoonie Strange too, because I just remembered he's one of the few politicians that hasn't lied about chiba smoking. He even went so far as to say he liked getting high.

"Fire it up, Ronnie!"
01-19-03 05:46 PM
parmeda Not to worry....they'll be here in Chi-town in a few days and I'll toss my Zippo to 'em.
Mayor Daley can be an asshole, but he's not a prick.
01-19-03 05:55 PM
exile What a wanker!

Imagine a cop coming up to Mr. Keith Richards mid performance and saying "Excuse me Keith would you mind putting that out"

01-19-03 06:36 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:
Strange too, because I just remembered he's one of the few politicians that hasn't lied about chiba smoking. He even went so far as to say he liked getting high.

"Fire it up, Ronnie!"

Remember that tobacco is more dangerous than chiba, first a smokers use to smoke 40+ cigarrets per day, second it has chemicals and some of them very addictive.

With good chiba a joint or a couple is enough for a day, is natural and has no addictive chemicals (natural or artificial)

But is ironic and can't believe it, there's still many PUBLIC places in NYC selling dope, from chiba to heroin with all steps in beetween, and this guy is complaining about the Rolling Stones smoking in the middle of a show, maybe because it was a public broadcast and is bad for his reputation LOL
01-19-03 06:43 PM
Prodigal Son That is about the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard. This guy makes Guilliani (sp?) at his pre-9/11 tyrannical height seem like a messiah with his anti-smoking policies here. I do think smoking is bad, but if people are gonna light uop anywhere, let the Stones do it on stage at least. They've earned the right to do that through countless years of rocking NYC.
01-20-03 03:37 PM
Sir Stonesalot This is some fucked up shit.

Keith's next new famous quote:

"I've never had a cigarette problem, just problems with overzealous petty politicians".
01-20-03 06:11 PM
Maxlugar My POOP policy of '03 is preventing me from contributing to this thread.

And it hurts.

It really does.

POOP!

Maxy!
01-21-03 07:37 AM
stonedinaustralia the stones causing a stir for smoking shit...as charlie so rightly put it (as usual) in 25x5 - "funny how things don't change"

Visits since January 9, 2003 - 10:46 PM EST