ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

nAStY hABiTs rEsTRoOm.
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Boston Setlist, pix and reviews Return to archive Page: 1 2
01-15-03 05:49 PM
Gazza >Gazza!! Hillarious!! *LOLOL* You crack me up man!!! Does
Pete now live in The Wick?? Was that not originally passed
on from Daltrey to RonWood then to Townsend?? Hmmm...

Not to my knowledge. Woody still has a house in Richmond from what I know..Pete's house is actually in the same street as Mick Jagger's. Theres actually a girls school just down the street from Mick too..not that I'd imply anything..lol

Just another point on the way Pete's ordeal has been reported by the gutter press - and thats the wild variety of estimations (ie numbers typed in at random) of the value of his house.

"The Sun" yesterday - �15 million
"Daily Mail" yesterday - �4 million
"Daily Mirror" today - �8 million.

I hope Pete's keepin' track of this. At least if things get much worse, he can sell the bloody place at an inflated price, quoting the highest "estimate" as its true value.
01-16-03 06:22 PM
riffhard64 It's now Thrusday and i am more depressed than ever after getting the boot at the Fleet,i cant seem to get over it.I was at 9-3 opening night and was not searched at all so i suppose i was careless,i had one joint in my cig pack,but i could not beleive they were tossing me...i kept saying take the fucking joint but i paid 350.00 for this show...was in sec D ...this was probably my last chance at seeing the Stones and i fucking blew it big time and im fucking sick over it...cant stop thinking about it....i got some boots in the mail today and i dont even feel like hearing them...dont know if i can ever shake this feeling...it sucks!...thanks for letting me vent everybody.....
01-17-03 10:02 AM
NHStonesfan I know how you feel. At the fleet during Bridges to Babalon
i was coming off a diet and had lost 40 pounds with the aid of not drinking. Of course I had to drink before the show and passed out during the 2nd song and my buddies couldn't wake me. I missed the whole damn thing.

Of course my friends brought this up every time we got together and I was sure that it was their last tour and regretted every minute of my stone filled life. The DVD from St louis got me over it(a little). When they announced this tour I figured on taking my father who always wanted to see them and not get crazy. We saw them at Foxboro and Boston, I stayed straight (average of 10 beers each show) and they played better than ever.

So hopefully your experience will be an omen that they will come back again. The fleet is usually more concerned about cameras than weed. They can't imagine how mean they were they were to you.
01-18-03 08:16 AM
riffhard64 Hey NHSTONESFAN......Thanks for sharing your story..good to know im not the only schmuch who fucked up at a Stones show...at least you got in tho..lol....by the way where in NH are you?....im in Nashua...thanks again for your words....
01-18-03 08:27 AM
NHStonesfan I'm in Manchester getting psyched for
tonights hbo gig. It's not like being
there but I have a 35 inch tv 5 speakers
and a subwoofer in a very small room plus I
won't have to drive.
01-19-03 01:01 PM
riffhard64 --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'm in Manchester getting psyched for
tonights hbo gig. It's not like being
there but I have a 35 inch tv 5 speakers
and a subwoofer in a very small room plus I
won't have to drive.
Kick ass!....best seat in the house too..lol....i'll be watching at a Motel cause i couldnt get HBO in time so the sound wont be as good as your set up...but i will have the DVD of the show in a few days...i thought Jagger kicked ass on Midnight Rambler and Keith just tore it up all night...thru and thru was a nice surprise...seeing the HBO MSG show made me fell a little better after my Fleet fiasco...but it will always fucking haunt me....take it easy neighbor
[Edited by riffhard64]
01-19-03 03:03 PM
NHStonesfan How will you get that DVD?

Great show. Seeing them live
really makes me appreciate their blues
roots. ie Can't you hear me knocking/Midnight Rambler
01-20-03 03:52 PM
riffhard64 How will you get that DVD?

Im gonna have it transferred from VHS to DVD
01-20-03 06:36 PM
Martha

riffhard64...hang in there and trust that in time it will get easier to accept. I don't have a "story " to relate...in a way that ties to yours..but I certainly missed a million concerts in the late Eighties and more than half of the Nineties due to not being able to AFFORD to buy tickets..(mind you this was long before they cost in the hundreds of dollars). I still have the blues over that once in awhile. And I had to accept that I couldn't make the Pittsburgh show nor can I go to the Denver gig...

I don't like it Ronnie!

So all I know to do at a time of great distress is to focus the best I can on what I DO have and what comes my way and try to let the rest of it go.

It's ok (necessary in fact) to be really upset and I'm glad you are allowing yourself the time to feel how yukky this all feels to you. And I'm glad you are coming to the board for support.

In time though, this painful experience will ease...because as you know...

ALL times are on our side.

Be good to yourself.

01-20-03 10:22 PM
riffhard64 Martha...thanks for the kind words,you are a sweetie and a great friend to me....i keep saying to myself..just let it go....in time im sure ill get past it NOT over it just past it..lol...last night i talked to one of my two friends who were at the show with me and i finally asked him how the show was..this was the first time i actually cared to know and when he told me it was better than opening night at the Fleet i definetly winced a bit but i guess i will just have to hear the boot and light a fatty and pretend im there..lol...oh BTW....CONGRATS again on your free tickets!!!!...a nicer person could not have won and im really happy for you.....Matt
Page: 1 2

Visits since January 9, 2003 - 10:46 PM EST