ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2005 - 2006

NYC January 2006
© Getty Images with thanks to Gypsy
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: I DON'T want to hear ATGB Return to archive
January 19th, 2006 04:15 PM
Saint Sway sure I'd like to hear As Tears Go By. But on a bootleg. And NOT at Fri's MSG show. 20/21 songs is too slim for a soft ballad like ATGB. A lot more I'd like to hear in that slot.
January 19th, 2006 04:17 PM
speedfreakjive If I was there, neither would I; I hope you get an improved version of Sway.
January 19th, 2006 04:26 PM
FPM C10 I'm just the opposite - I could care less about Sway, but would love to hear As Tears Go By.

We'll get what we get, and we'll LIKE it, dammit!
January 19th, 2006 04:28 PM
voodoopug As tears go by is definitely on a short list of songs that I havent seen live this tour that were done in other cities. Sway is also on that list. I would probaly lean towards Sway, but would be very happy with either one.
January 19th, 2006 04:31 PM
Honky Tonk Man I'm with FPM. I'd love to hear As Tears Go By. It's surprising that they've dug this one out, as it was written for Marianne Faithful and the Stones only released it as a b-side.

This must be the first b-side the Stone have played live in a long time!
January 19th, 2006 04:47 PM
Nellcote It was spectacular in Bahston, as were both shows.
Play anything, dammit.
January 19th, 2006 04:47 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Honky Tonk Man wrote:
I'm with FPM. I'd love to hear As Tears Go By. It's surprising that they've dug this one out, as it was written for Marianne Faithful and the Stones only released it as a b-side.

This must be the first b-side the Stone have played live in a long time!

Dont Forget "Jump On Top Of Me" done live in 95!
January 19th, 2006 04:53 PM
Honky Tonk Man
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

Dont Forget "Jump On Top Of Me" done live in 95!

God, I'd forgotten that one. Thanks!
January 19th, 2006 08:25 PM
WhenTheWhipComesDown How about 2120 South Michigan Avenue? With Mick on harmonica? Or It's All Over Now? The Last Time, some of their
really early favorites for some of us ones could remember?
January 19th, 2006 10:34 PM
T&A ATGB was THE highlight of both SF shows. Period.
January 19th, 2006 10:45 PM
Lazy Bones
quote:
T&A wrote:
ATGB was THE highlight of both SF shows. Period.

Wasn't it only performed at the second show (15th)..?
January 19th, 2006 10:48 PM
T&A yes - I mean that it was the single highlight of their stay in SF
January 19th, 2006 10:58 PM
glencar Friday's show is dessert, folks. I feel like I died & went to heaven.
January 19th, 2006 11:49 PM
voodoopug
quote:
WhenTheWhipComesDown wrote:
How about 2120 South Michigan Avenue? With Mick on harmonica? Or It's All Over Now? The Last Time, some of their
really early favorites for some of us ones could remember?

you want the stones to play an instrumental song when Mick Fucking Jagger is their lead singer?????
January 20th, 2006 11:48 PM
taz22 Given the current line up....I'll take ATGB over Sway....I heard ATGB in MTL as it was great.....Sway just wouldn't be the same without MT!
January 21st, 2006 10:11 AM
Egbert
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
sure I'd like to hear As Tears Go By. But on a bootleg. And NOT at Fri's MSG show. 20/21 songs is too slim for a soft ballad like ATGB. A lot more I'd like to hear in that slot.

I thought of you when they followed ATGB with RFD from your fave album. Karma strikes again!
January 21st, 2006 10:13 AM
lotsajizz if you only actually saw them play ATGB you'd realize the folly of that statement

January 21st, 2006 10:18 AM
Egbert I did see it - my first Stones concert ever. Whoo!
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)