ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2005 - 2006

NYC January 2006
© Getty Images with thanks to Gypsy
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Has anyone else heard anything about Keith having Parkinsons disease? Return to archive
January 19th, 2006 03:58 PM
DAVINO I heard this today on another message board that someone whose friend is an executive at Ticketmaster told him this, he is finding out more tonight.
[Edited by DAVINO]
January 19th, 2006 04:04 PM
voodoopug
quote:
DAVINO wrote:
I heard this today on another message board that someone whose friend is an executive at Ticketmaster told him this, he is finding out more tonight.
[Edited by DAVINO]

I doubt Ticketmaster would be the first to hear the news, but anything is possible
January 19th, 2006 04:07 PM
DAVINO Its weird, because when I was looking at the pictures from MSG this morning, I had a really bad feeling when I saw Keith. I hope its not true.
January 19th, 2006 04:35 PM
ßloody red ®ooster i wery much doubt that, i mean his got arthritis but that's another story... i know a man who's got parkinsons, he would not be able to stand up on stage with a guitar on his neck, for 2 hours!... of course i haven't seen keith yet on stage, but unless his got a miracle cure that hides it wery well i don't believe it...
January 19th, 2006 04:39 PM
DAVINO
quote:
ßloody red ®ooster wrote:
i wery much doubt that, i mean his got arthritis but that's another story... i know a man who's got parkinsons, he would not be able to stand up on stage with a guitar on his neck, for 2 hours!... of course i haven't seen keith yet on stage, but unless his got a miracle cure that hides it wery well i don't believe it...

The onset is somewhat slow, Michael J. Fox continued to work for a long while after being diagnosed with it.
January 19th, 2006 04:48 PM
Dick Bush "The light that burns twice as bright burns half as long.

And Keef has burned so very very bright".

Quit the smoking, Keef.

January 19th, 2006 04:51 PM
Honky Tonk Man
quote:
DAVINO wrote:

The onset is somewhat slow, Michael J. Fox continued to work for a long while after being diagnosed with it.

That's true. He first developed the symptoms around the time he was filming Back To The Future 3. By the time he got round to starring in Spin City, the disease was really beginning to take affect. After a while they tried not to focus the camera on one of his hands because of the shaking. He's on medication for it and I believe he had a shaking fit on a recent David Letterman appearance. He slipped out to take his medication. For Marty McFly, sorry, Michael J. Fox, it started with a little twitch in one of his fingers. Doctors told him that it was a trapped nerve. I don't think anyone guessed it was the start of Parkinson’s disease.
January 19th, 2006 05:36 PM
PeerQueer I have to agree - if Keith had Parkinsons, even early stages - he would be too physically taxed to go on tour and play as many shows as he does. He still expends a considerable amount of energy every show. He's not Mick granted, but moves about with the energy of a man far younger than he. Given the amount of abuse he has thrown at himself, it is quite amazing how well he seems to be physically speaking.

I actually was told last week that Dylan had Parkinsons - maybe the two rumors are getting confused?

Though in Dylan's case, there is the same principle as applies to Keith - it would be highly unlikely he could tour as much as he does...though the abondonment of the guitar and his penchant for sitting at the piano might give some food for though. I prefer to see it as Dylan simply wanting a shift - he has tinkered with piano since he first arrived on the scene - maybe the guitar just bores him now????

I have an older friend with Parkinson's - he is in his mid-40s. He was diagnosed two years ago. He hardly travels anymore and sleeps about 12-14 hours a day. Just going out to dinner wears him out. When he turned 40 he climbed to the summit of Mt. Baker...now he can't ride a bike.

So to the Parkinsons/Keith rumor I say NO WAY.

Not at this point----
January 19th, 2006 05:50 PM
Jair A very very very bad taste joke
January 19th, 2006 06:52 PM
Soldatti
quote:
Dick Bush wrote:
Quit the smoking, Keef.

It would not make difference after 50 years of smoking.
January 19th, 2006 08:42 PM
prism The rumor's not true.
January 19th, 2006 08:49 PM
DAVINO
quote:
prism wrote:
The rumor's not true.

good
January 20th, 2006 05:34 AM
Jumping Jack At least he doesn't have flank pain, LOL!!!
January 20th, 2006 05:45 AM
Voodoo Scrounge Im not sure
January 20th, 2006 06:04 AM
lotsajizz
quote:
Soldatti wrote:

It would not make difference after 50 years of smoking.

Yes, it would...that's been medically documented. And he should drink less....

January 20th, 2006 10:03 AM
gimmekeef We all should drink less...But we wont!
January 20th, 2006 10:19 AM
Joey
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:
We all should drink less...But we wont!

Truer Words have NEVER been spoken .
January 20th, 2006 11:15 AM
Saint Sway my father is Keiths age. He has Parkinsons. All things considering he is doing well with it. He has good days and he has bad days.

my dad - like the Stones - is very fit for his age. And I will tell you that based on the way that this disease has affected my dad that there is no way Keith has Parkinsons. No way. He couldnt consistently go out for 2 hours every night and perform. Even if it was the very early stages of the disease.
[Edited by Saint Sway]
January 20th, 2006 11:58 AM
Jumping Jack My New Year's resolution was to drink more!!!
January 20th, 2006 01:02 PM
Joey
quote:
Jumping Jack wrote:
My New Year's resolution was to drink more!!!

Beautiful .

www.QwestCenter.com

January 20th, 2006 01:13 PM
Jumping Jack What's the weather report for Omaha?

The heck with NYC. I want to visit cities that know how to party and that LOVE the Stones!
January 20th, 2006 03:15 PM
Joey
quote:
Jumping Jack wrote:

What's the weather report for Omaha?

Jumping Jack ..........................

Come to Omaha :

http://www.wowt.com/weather

http://weather.wgntv.com/cgi-bin/findweather/getForecast?query=omaha+%2C+ne+&submit=Search

" The heck with NYC. I want to visit cities that know how to party and that LOVE the Stones! "

Amen ....... Plus , don't forget that our fair city actually BUILT the legendary , twenty thousand seat , state - of - the - art , QWEST CENTER ARENA strictly for a Lil' ol' band called the Rolling Stones .

Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)