ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2005 - 2006

NYC January 2006
© Getty Images with thanks to Gypsy
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Ten records I wouldn't never had bought Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
January 19th, 2006 01:03 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
glencar wrote:
The Pluto Probe is taking off!

A big waste of money.
January 19th, 2006 01:25 PM
Joey
quote:
glencar wrote:
The Pluto Probe is taking off!

Damn Straight it is ! :

********* IMMEDIATE END TO TRANSMISSION **********
January 19th, 2006 01:41 PM
Honky Tonk Man
quote:
Jair wrote:
I bought it all, and now I'm sorry!
I...I am confused too today, HTM!!!

You don't like The Queen Is Dead? Either keep listening 'till it grows on you, or go out and buy The Best Of The Smiths. Despite their huge popularity over here in the UK, I’d say Morrissey is still an acquired taste. The Smiths were a band I always wanted to like, but I just couldn't get into them. That was the case until I really tried. I love them now. Like I said, buy their best of and keep listening. The tunes are beautiful and Morrissey’s quirky lyrics will really grab you in time. Look at it this way... if you're down in the dumps, the miserable bastard will cheer you up. You always feel better when you realise there’s people out there even more miserable than you!
January 19th, 2006 02:29 PM
Jumacfly
quote:
Jair wrote:

Radiohead, OK Computer

the pipe please
January 19th, 2006 02:39 PM
Jair
quote:
Jumacfly wrote:

the pipe please

LOL, Ju. Can I have it some?

January 19th, 2006 02:43 PM
Honky Tonk Man
quote:
Jair wrote:

LOL, Ju. Can I have it some?

Only if you give The Queen Is Dead another spin!
January 19th, 2006 02:47 PM
Jair
quote:
Honky Tonk Man wrote:

Only if you give The Queen Is Dead another spin!

DEAL
Now gimme that shite!
January 19th, 2006 03:38 PM
J.J.Flash
quote:
glencar wrote:
What's good on that besides title track?

Everything my Blue......every damn track on it..... you should listen to You Shook Me All Night Long, Rock'n'Roll Ain't Noise Polution, Shoot to Thrill and so forth....
January 19th, 2006 06:06 PM
Jumacfly
quote:
J.J.Flash wrote:

Everything my Blue......every damn track on it..... you should listen to You Shook Me All Night Long, Rock'n'Roll Ain't Noise Polution, Shoot to Thrill and so forth....

tasty riffs dear Jair, well done!!

January 19th, 2006 07:18 PM
Prodigal Son Usually I like Radiohead. But they are almost as overrated as Coldplay. OK Computer is their best, Kid A a close second... etc. But they seem to be the new in-vogue UK "legend" like Queen or Pink Floyd. Tons of acts on that list are rather foreign to American (/Canadian) ears. I will say I find the Smiths a bit overrated too but although it's not one of the best 80s albums like everyone says, IMO, I love The Queen is Dead. Their other albums have some good stuff, even if it is an acquired taste but TQID is a great record.

They were praised because of their championing of guitars (thanks to Johnny Marr-the new wave bastard son of Roger McGuinn's guitar style) while everyone else (especially those in the UK) doodled on synthesizers and drum machines. There wasn't a huge scene of alternative music in the UK, like the in the US, until the Smiths came around. Radiohead is a gloomier, more arty 90s version of the Smiths but they have abandoned their guitar rock every once in a while. Still, Thom Yorke needs to be more happy sometimes. Heck, even Morrisey is at least gleefully depressing.
January 19th, 2006 08:55 PM
DAVINO
quote:
Voodoo Scrounge wrote:

I think that its the most overrated albums of all time.

It appears on "Greatest Lists" without anybody actually thinking why.

Its inferior to Sticky Fingers and Some Girls by quite some way in my opinion

your kidding, right? Don't you think like Thriller or a number of U2 albums or DSOTM or The Wall would qualify?
January 19th, 2006 09:00 PM
DAVINO
quote:
J.J.Flash wrote:
Please Jair, reconsider your list again.....any list of a Rocker who loves the Stones NEVER could have AC/DC Back in Black on it.......

What is "a rocker". Pretty closeminded, B.I.B. is a classic album whether youy like AC/DC or not, it's pretty accessible, and it certainly "rocks".
January 19th, 2006 10:20 PM
Zanck*Zanck*Zanck
quote:
J.J.Flash wrote:
Please Jair, reconsider your list again.....any list of a Rocker who loves the Stones NEVER could have AC/DC Back in Black on it.......

..I guess no one told Mick and Keith at The SARS show in Toronto circa Live Licks
January 19th, 2006 11:05 PM
CraigP Radiohead's OK Computer may be overrated but one should rate it themselves.
It takes a while to get into (maybe 10 listens!) but it is a keeper for me.
Radiohead are their own genre in my opinion. Something else.

The Smiths, on the other hand, I could never get into.

[Edited by CraigP]
January 19th, 2006 11:10 PM
speedfreakjive Jair, I reckon if you replaced the Doors Best Of with LA Woman, you'd appreciate The Doors more, its their most bluesy album, its a classic for me, a lot less psychedelic than most of their other stuff.
January 19th, 2006 11:13 PM
CraigP L.A. Woman, my first and favorite by the Doors (since age 8).
January 19th, 2006 11:59 PM
Zanck*Zanck*Zanck
quote:
Glencar wrote:
The pluto probe is taking off

quote:
Ten Thousand Motels wrote:

A big waste of money.

[quote] Its better than the probe to Uranus
January 20th, 2006 05:29 AM
Honky Tonk Man
quote:
speedfreakjive wrote:
Jair, I reckon if you replaced the Doors Best Of with LA Woman, you'd appreciate The Doors more, its their most bluesy album, its a classic for me, a lot less psychedelic than most of their other stuff.

I'd plug for Morrison Hotel. It's probably not QUITE as bluesy as LA Woman, but hell, it has Roadhouse Blues, Peace Frog and Queen Of The Highway on it. It's a bloody good record.

Man, I haven't listened to The Doors for years. I'll have to dig them out again.
January 20th, 2006 05:33 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
Honky Tonk Man wrote:

I'd plug for Morrison Hotel. It's probably not QUITE as bluesy as LA Woman, but hell, it has Roadhouse Blues, Peace Frog and Queen Of The Highway on it. It's a bloody good record.

Man, I haven't listened to The Doors for years. I'll have to dig them out again.

100% agree!
those 2 records got a great bluesy feeling, with particular mention to Robbie Krieger.
Roadhouse blues is a killer song, one of my fav with love me two times and Gloria.
January 20th, 2006 05:55 AM
Monkeytonk-man HA, I just fell off my chair laughing when I read that, any serious Stones loving ROCKER, can't have Back in Black in a favourite album list. Are you taking the Piss mate?

I'm a long haired, leather jacket wearing rocker, with the Stones tongue tattoo'ed on my arm, and MANY gigs under my belt, I'm intending to travel round europe next summer in my camper taking in as many Stones shows as I can.

BUT, and nearly all my hairy arsed mates will tell you, AC/DC fuckin rule. I would say to you any self respecting rocker can't afford to NOT have an AC/DC album on a list of favourites.

so go ahead, tell me i'm not a Stones loving rocker, who can dig AC/DC, go on I dare ya. 'cus it'll just prove that you are talking out of your arse mate!
January 20th, 2006 05:59 AM
lotsajizz
quote:
Voodoo Scrounge wrote:
I know exactly what Im talking about.

Just because you dont agree with what I say makes no difference.

I would prefer it if you didnt talk to me like that.

You will get it someday...but right now, you have no idea what you are talking about

January 20th, 2006 06:02 AM
lotsajizz
quote:
J.J.Flash wrote:

full of shit

January 20th, 2006 06:30 AM
Jair
quote:
lotsajizz wrote:

full of shit

Dear lotsajizz, good morning!
Are you talking to me, to jj or about the AC/DC album?

I'd like if might clarify, cuz I didn't like the idea to be called full of shit. Nuthing polite from you, if was the case.

Anyway, just to say again:

I just can't stand AC/DC, Smiths and Doors.

Come on guys, I'm old enuff to decide what I like, what I don't.
* Instead Smiths, Blur.

* Instead Doors, Red Hot Chili Peppers, or Echo and The Bunnymen.

* Instead AC/DC, Led Zeppelin, a million times, plus The Voodoo Pugs, and I'm serious, dead serious, dead serious, dead serious...(I am a bit compulsive today, I am a bit compulsive today, I am a bit compulsive today...)

Down here in Brazil we have lots of "hard rock" groups better than AC/DC, but we don't have a nice cover Stones band as The Voodoo Pugs. Leave me alone on this, right?

PS --> I hate ray manzarek, the worse keyboardist ever!

In the restaurant I use to eat sometimes, there's guy who plays better! And he has only a Yamaha Keyboard with about 40 keys...

Please the pipe to me now

January 20th, 2006 06:40 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
Jair wrote:

PS --> I hate ray manzarek, the worse keyboardist ever!

please give your hi-fi "riders on the storm" Jair, and here's the pipe!
January 20th, 2006 06:49 AM
speedfreakjive Jair, you take the piss to compare The Doors to Echo & Bunnymen, The Doors are in a different league. And the Chili's don't really sound like them.
January 20th, 2006 06:53 AM
Monkeytonk-man Jair, so lets gets this strait: Blur, Echo & the Bunnymen & Voodoo Pugs?

Wowee - now thats what I call a fine list for any respecting rocker!
January 20th, 2006 07:21 AM
Jair
quote:
Monkeytonk-man wrote:
Jair, so lets gets this strait: Blur, Echo & the Bunnymen & Voodoo Pugs?

Wowee - now thats what I call a fine list for any respecting rocker!

A matter of taste, friend.
You can't (or couldn't) stop in the time and listen
the same old shit the rest of your life...Right?

Ju, thanks for the pipe, but no way to "Riders on the Storm"

January 20th, 2006 07:26 AM
Jumacfly http://s45.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=150F5AN8XLPQ703YGZJOUS71Y6

try this Jair!
January 20th, 2006 07:30 AM
Jair
quote:
Jumacfly wrote:
http://s45.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=150F5AN8XLPQ703YGZJOUS71Y6

try this Jair!

Dl right now
Thanks

And here's the pipe
January 20th, 2006 07:34 AM
Jumacfly Im here at home listening to a Billy preston album of soul covers, in a booker T style, very nice!!
what a great player this Bobby!!
Page: 1 2 3
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)