ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2005 - 2006

NYC January 2006
© Getty Images with thanks to Gypsy
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: We have been removed! Return to archive
January 19th, 2006 05:23 AM
FotiniD Just now I received an SMS from a friend and fellow RO member that Greece has been removed from the RollingStones.com list of the 2006 tour!

https://tickets.rollingstones.com/index.php?location=eu

And indeed it has... Now, it's still up as "confirmed" on IORR and on the local organizer's site... Does it mean anything that it was removed from the site? Is the list up there at RS.com an official list of cities to be played or just a way to purchase tickets online?

Tickets have not been released for the Greek gig yet, so that would justify it being removed from RS's list if it only includes ticket links... But is this the case?
January 19th, 2006 06:42 AM
corgi37 Maybe if the Greeks gave the Ouzo away for 5 minutes, they could run the big events. Dont forget, Australians organised the opening/closing ceremony of the Olympics.

Greeks were too drunk to bother.

Though i hear its a nice place. Well, the islands are.

P.S. Melbourne - Largest population of Greeks outside of Athens! FACT! They own all the fish & chip shops here.

January 19th, 2006 06:51 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Remember Monterrey was up and then removed and now is a go, same thing happened to Buenos Aires, both shows were removed and now they are sold out shows.

But if it was removed from the tour schedule (not just the website) that sucks Fotini, really sucks. Too bad, again you will be traveling to San Siro or other places. What really sucks is that they generated expectations and now humiliated by Cohl

January 19th, 2006 07:14 AM
FotiniD
quote:
VoodooChileInWOnderl wrote:
Remember Monterrey was up and then removed and now is a go, same thing happened to Buenos Aires, both shows were removed and now they are sold out shows.

But if it was removed from the tour schedule (not just the website) that sucks Fotini, really sucks. Too bad, again you will be traveling to San Siro or other places. What really sucks is that they generated expectations and now humiliated by Cohl

Yeah Voodoo, I'm still hopeful, given what happened with Monterrey and BA. The thing is I can't seem to find the official tour schedule on RS.com, just the ticket pages. Well, we'll just have to wait and see I guess.

And this summer my uncle and aunt will be traveling to Laos and I won't have company for the San Siro gig if it all turns out that way So, here's to hoping!
January 19th, 2006 07:57 AM
Jair All I know is that MY backyard was removed, and now I'm really piss

I must shall burning down all my Stones collection, including autographs, t-shirts, Luciana Gimenes panties (used, btw, smelling good - huh!), CDs (even the Japs), DVDs, books, posters, vinyls, newspapers, magazines, banners and a
trombone signed by all of them, including my friend Chuck Leavell.

I'll become a Pet Shop Boys fan.

(With banana kindly lent by Egon)

[Edited by Jair]
January 19th, 2006 08:35 AM
Jumacfly Hi Fotinid

rumors says the greek show was removed cuz the $tone$ will play 2 more shows in France, one in Paris and the other in Lyon.
[Edited by Jumacfly]
January 19th, 2006 10:20 AM
FotiniD
quote:
Jumacfly wrote:
Hi Fotinid

rumors says the greek show was removed cuz the $tone$ will play 2 more shows in France, one in Paris and the other in Lyon.
[Edited by Jumacfly]

Really?! Seriously or jokingly? I mean, I'm glad for you Jumy, but it's breaking my heart

Where did you hear this? Removed as in cancelled or postponed?
January 19th, 2006 10:32 AM
Jumacfly My dear and sweet Luminous.
I ve seen that on several boards including this one www.theworldisstones.com ...several newspapers confirmed it, but may be it s bullshit I don t know.
I m very sad for ya, hope they won t cancelled "your" show!!
cheers my dear
jU
January 19th, 2006 11:13 AM
Joey [quote]FotiniD wrote:
Just now I received an SMS from a friend and fellow RO member that Greece has been removed from the RollingStones.com list of the 2006 tour!"

FotiniD .......................................

I HIGHLY recommend coming to the now legendary QWEST CENTER ARENA ( The Eighth Wonder of the World ) and seeing this most AMAZING & prodigious band in Omaha , NE . Word .

www.omahameca.com

January 19th, 2006 11:52 AM
Maxlugar The Greeks, once again, have humiliated themselves before the whole world.

January 19th, 2006 12:03 PM
glencar That pic needs some sheep...
January 19th, 2006 12:34 PM
Joey
quote:
glencar wrote:
That pic needs some sheep...

|
|
|
V

January 19th, 2006 01:01 PM
glencar That guy looks an awful lot like Riffy!
January 19th, 2006 01:26 PM
Joey
quote:
glencar wrote:
That guy looks an awful lot like Riffy!

You make Joey giggle
January 19th, 2006 06:23 PM
Soldatti Have faith FotiniD, they'll go there.
January 19th, 2006 08:12 PM
kath maybe they'll give us san antonio back again
January 20th, 2006 02:22 AM
IvanAb
quote:
FotiniD wrote:
Just now I received an SMS from a friend and fellow RO member that Greece has been removed from the RollingStones.com list of the 2006 tour!

https://tickets.rollingstones.com/index.php?location=eu

And indeed it has... Now, it's still up as "confirmed" on IORR and on the local organizer's site... Does it mean anything that it was removed from the site? Is the list up there at RS.com an official list of cities to be played or just a way to purchase tickets online?

Tickets have not been released for the Greek gig yet, so that would justify it being removed from RS's list if it only includes ticket links... But is this the case?

Sorry my firend!
It seems that They cancelled their concert in Athens and Belgrade and I have to go to Zagreb to see them.
In 2003 in Bulgaria it was announced that Stones would play in the Summer and nothing happened, of course.
January 20th, 2006 02:44 AM
FotiniD Thanks for the support you guys - now the tacky folk dancing pics, I won't comment

Things are really weird. Now the Athens gig is listed as "rumoured" on IORR, rumours are generally flying left and right but still, the Greek organizer has released no statement or press release whatsoever. Of course, if it all goes down the drain, I can't say I wouldn't expect it. DiDi Music is not exactly renowned for being extra trustworthy...

Damn! I hope nothing's final yet. We've only gotten to see them TWICE here in a period of 40+ years while Germany gets ten shows each tour. I know the figures are different, but hey, they had a sold-out last time around here! And they're gonna sell-out again if they do come. I don't know if it's bad organizing skills on our side, our location which is not in mainland Europe or anything else really, but we have been neglected concert-wise for so many years and by so many artists and bands, it really sucks big time!

We get bands like Placebo and the Dandy Warhols over and over and over again - it has become an insider's joke here that we should give them voting rights, they seem to spend so much time in Greece! But other than that, nothing really. Alternative, underground artists that only a very few know, perhaps Uriah Heep once a year, lots of metal bands in the summer and thank you. Damn!

Sorry for the nagging, but it really hit home this time. I still hope they can make it here. I only wish I was working in that stupid DiDi Music firm, I would be whipping all of them right now to work damn faster
[Edited by FotiniD]
January 20th, 2006 03:15 AM
stonedinaustralia hi fotini - sorry for you

January 20th, 2006 04:47 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
FotiniD wrote:
Thanks for the support you guys - now the tacky folk dancing pics, I won't comment

Things are really weird. Now the Athens gig is listed as "rumoured" on IORR, rumours are generally flying left and right but still, the Greek organizer has released no statement or press release whatsoever. Of course, if it all goes down the drain, I can't say I wouldn't expect it. DiDi Music is not exactly renowned for being extra trustworthy...

Damn! I hope nothing's final yet. We've only gotten to see them TWICE here in a period of 40+ years while Germany gets ten shows each tour. I know the figures are different, but hey, they had a sold-out last time around here! And they're gonna sell-out again if they do come. I don't know if it's bad organizing skills on our side, our location which is not in mainland Europe or anything else really, but we have been neglected concert-wise for so many years and by so many artists and bands, it really sucks big time!

We get bands like Placebo and the Dandy Warhols over and over and over again - it has become an insider's joke here that we should give them voting rights, they seem to spend so much time in Greece! But other than that, nothing really. Alternative, underground artists that only a very few know, perhaps Uriah Heep once a year, lots of metal bands in the summer and thank you. Damn!

Sorry for the nagging, but it really hit home this time. I still hope they can make it here. I only wish I was working in that stupid DiDi Music firm, I would be whipping all of them right now to work damn faster
[Edited by FotiniD]

I m ready to trade a $tone$ show for a Dandy's one my dear!
January 20th, 2006 04:55 AM
FotiniD
quote:
Jumacfly wrote:

I m ready to trade a $tone$ show for a Dandy's one my dear!

You wouldn't if you'd seen them summer after summer after summer Jumy

I've only seen the Stones live twice!
January 20th, 2006 05:29 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
FotiniD wrote:

You wouldn't if you'd seen them summer after summer after summer Jumy

I've only seen the Stones live twice!

I ve seen the Stones live X 5, 4 stadiums shows but I m totally addict to the last Dandy's record!!
Anyway this removed show is a total lack of respect for Greek fans.
take care my dear!
jU
January 20th, 2006 06:02 AM
FotiniD Well, something seems to be stirring...

I finally managed to reach DiDi Music (the Greek organizers) and they didn't have the slightest idea that Athens was removed from RS.com...

They checked the site while we were on the phone and they didn't seem to understand why on earth this was hapenning. Now, do you call that reassuring?

However, they assured me that the gig is definitely not cancelled (and insisted on that) and that it might be postponed for another date in June / July. Well. She did sound certain of what she was saying. Let's just wait and see. Perhaps the same goes for Belgrade (if all that's true)?

But they're gonna have to pay for my Valium perscriptions after that!! A girl can take so much!
[Edited by FotiniD]
January 20th, 2006 06:51 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl That was extactly the case here, they removed Monterrey for a long period when everything was running locally
January 20th, 2006 07:31 AM
RSRTG Fuk me, spend a bit more money and travel a few extra miles and you're there pal......if you lived here in Oz you'd be suicidal my friend.
January 20th, 2006 08:18 AM
FotiniD
quote:
RSRTG wrote:
Fuk me, spend a bit more money and travel a few extra miles and you're there pal......if you lived here in Oz you'd be suicidal my friend.

Oh baby, I would if I could
And I'm trying as I might either way... But that's not the case here. It's different to get to see them right at your backyard. And they owe us big time, if I may say so... We'd been waiting patiently for 30 odd years last time around!

So I know how it feels to be totally left-out

January 20th, 2006 08:26 AM
RSRTG being a fellow stones freak I empathize with u.....I hope ur stones dreams cum true...just like I hope mine do.
January 20th, 2006 09:39 PM
WhenTheWhipComesDown Would writing letters to rs.com do any good? Someone needs to
frap Cohl around a few times to get his attention and say we want
the Stones in Greece NOW!!!
January 21st, 2006 07:02 AM
J.J.Flash For my babe....

I'm deeply sorry for you. A total lack of consideration with you, devoted Greek fans (see previous concerts over there), like us. This free concert at the beach ALSO shows a total lack of consideration. Instead, it aims all the publicity and all the fuss about giving a free concert, as if we need Charity!

I mean, how could somebody set up each detail, in order to avoid scuffle and hassles if ANYBODY that feel up to, can "lurk", ANYBODY that in his whole life never cared for Rock'n'Roll, now because of all the hoopla it's all about, would certainly go to the beach.

Don't get me wrong, it's not fair with the real Stones fans. PERIOD!

As for you FotiniD, let's hope they reconsider, since I think it's still early to give up.
[Edited by J.J.Flash]
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)