ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2005 - 2006

NYC January 2006
© Getty Images with thanks to Gypsy
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: thoughts on the gems/anyone Return to archive
January 19th, 2006 03:01 AM
rough-justice If u had to pick 3 songs that should have made the cut from
boot albums what would they be???

Id have to say:

LIVING IS A HARDER LOVE (What a fuckin riff)L.a.t.t

IM GOING DOWN (Keef another amazing riff, band kicking ass)

DANCING GIRLS ( Ilove this cant understand a word of it though, anyone know the lyrics????)

R-J

January 19th, 2006 06:16 PM
Soldatti About 30-40% of the outtakes of Emotional Rescue are way better than the album. VL is another example of excelent songs unreleased as Honest Man, Zip Mouth Angel or You've Got It Made.
January 19th, 2006 08:16 PM
texile
quote:
rough-justice wrote:

DANCING GIRLS ( Ilove this cant understand a word of it though, anyone know the lyrics????)

R-J

that was my reaction - it's got a great vibe to it..
all i can make out is:

ive been down in the valley,
down in the street,
but im coming home....i'll be home,
dancing girls don't mean nothing to me -
don't misunderstand...

if you can make out more - let me know because i love this song.....its got a great guitar interplay between mick, keith and ronnie - kind of latin....
funny thing is - its incomplete but it's perfect just like it is;
mick sounds a little wired - but it gives the song this incredible energy and urgency...like they were in the studio and it just happened..
he's just rambling these lyrics that sound sad, mournful and meaningful but i can only make out random phrases...
but it kicks ass - one the best examples of just pure rock and roll ...
i love the end where mick just ends it in exhaustion.

January 19th, 2006 08:54 PM
mrt plus the 4 b sides are better than some voodoo lounge
January 19th, 2006 10:46 PM
M.O.W.A.T. Had Unkle Kracker (shudder) not recorded Drift Away, I would have liked to have seen the Stones dust off this great song and release it.
January 19th, 2006 11:01 PM
CraigP LIVING IN THE HEART OF LOVE, I'M GOING DOWN and DANCING GIRLS do kick ass. I have these outtakes downloaded by Napster and other sites.

I wish I could have those complete compilations of unreleased material you all speak of.
January 19th, 2006 11:11 PM
glencar Yellow Cab has a certain charm...
January 20th, 2006 12:05 AM
voodoopug I always liked
I'm Going Down and Claudine
January 20th, 2006 12:53 AM
stonedinaustralia Gangsters Moll is another worth mentioning

and the stones version of Lonely at the Top is better than micks solo effort (jeff beck notwithstanding)

[Edited by stonedinaustralia]
January 20th, 2006 01:20 AM
Zack Their cover of Reelin' and Rockin' is fantastic. No Spare Parts is great. We Had It All would have been Keith's best Stones cut ever
January 20th, 2006 03:30 AM
James Burton Agree 100% with 'We Had It All,' it's simply brilliant. I also really like Keith's 'Make It Now' from the Voodoo outtakes and 'Too Much' from the Dirty Work outtakes but I guess the latter was ultimately too close to 'Sleep Tonight' for inclusion in the album.
January 20th, 2006 05:44 AM
rough-justice Some nice results!
Yep I did forget to mention "We Had It All" thats up there with "All about You" K.F Magic!!!

Yep and the Voodoo sessions deserve their warrant. Some great stuff on there Also!!

In some ways (not that I wish this)But If they call it a day" Us fans will get all we could wish for, in terms of the unreleased stuff!
Enough to keep our sadness subdued for atleast 20 yrs.
January 20th, 2006 03:48 PM
Jumping Jack CCM and Potted Shrimp
January 20th, 2006 03:53 PM
T&A Fiji Jim
Claudine
Gangster's Moll
January 20th, 2006 03:55 PM
Nellcote All Down The Line-acoustic version
January 20th, 2006 04:10 PM
rough-justice And what about SHINE A LIGHT (wingless angels)

I like that better than the Exile version.
January 20th, 2006 04:24 PM
T&A
quote:
rough-justice wrote:
And what about SHINE A LIGHT (wingless angels)

I like that better than the Exile version.

Maybe - but it ain't even the Stones - just Mick with Leon and friends...
January 20th, 2006 05:23 PM
deuce "I Need You" is catchy as hell
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)