ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2005 - 2006

NYC January 2006
© Getty Images with thanks to Gypsy
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Top 100 Albums (Q magazine) Return to archive Page: 1 2
January 19th, 2006 03:22 PM
Trey Krimsin
quote:
Honky Tonk Man wrote:

Well Nevermind is just considered to be “one of those albums” now. A music essay or list isn't truely complete without a mention of this record. I think it's great, but I'd say In Utero is my favourite by some distance. I'm not saying that to be different, but Serve The Servants and Dumb are my two favourite tracks of theirs.

If I were to make a Top 100 list, Nevermind wouldn't be on it. Sure it was the album that ushered in a new era of rock music, but for some reason, it hasn't appealed to me. In Utero was louder, less polished, and a more somber record, which is probably why that album gets played on my stereo more than Nevermind.
January 19th, 2006 03:40 PM
texile
quote:
speedfreakjive wrote:
yeah, your right, REM should NOT be in the top 20 IMO

agree - i liked thier first three - but they are very dated...very 80s idiosyncratic..
and they have no SOUL.
and los lobos? paul westerberg?
January 19th, 2006 03:47 PM
speedfreakjive
quote:
texile wrote:

agree - i liked thier first three - but they are very dated...very 80s idiosyncratic..
and they have no SOUL.
and los lobos? paul westerberg?

I do like Nightswimming for some reason though, also one off the more rocky "Monster" album.
January 19th, 2006 04:27 PM
Honky Tonk Man
quote:
speedfreakjive wrote:

I do like Nightswimming for some reason though, also one off the more rocky "Monster" album.

I like that one What's The Frequency Kenneth? That’s an awesome song. I'm not much of a fan, but I own their best of. Not the first one, but the latter compilation with all the hits on it.
January 19th, 2006 05:11 PM
tumbling dice Radiohead sucks.It´s not rock´n´roll!Beggars Banquet out of top 100,Are they kidding? Fuckin´new british generation!
January 19th, 2006 06:48 PM
Soldatti
quote:
tumbling dice wrote:
Radiohead sucks.It´s not rock´n´roll!Beggars Banquet out of top 100,Are they kidding? Fuckin´new british generation!

A great summary.
January 20th, 2006 05:47 AM
Honky Tonk Man
quote:
tumbling dice wrote:
Radiohead sucks.It´s not rock´n´roll!Beggars Banquet out of top 100,Are they kidding? Fuckin´new british generation!

Rubbish. I don't agree with Radiohead being number 1 and 2, but do you really think this list would be different anywhere else? If this list were to be carried out in America and it was new American generation, do you think the list would greatly differ? Of course it wouldn't! The Stones don't have much of an influence on today’s crop of bands on BOTH sides of the Atlantic. With them not been cited as influences, today’s guitar music loving kids are not picking up with them. See my earlier points about The Beatles. 10 years ago they were being praised by Oasis, now they're not and they're slipping down these lists. 10 years ago you'd get 4 or 5 of theirs in the top 10. New wave and baggy bands influence today’s great bands. The Smiths, The Cure, Joy Division, The Stone Roses and EVEN Oasis are cited as major influences now and lets face it, the image a lot of youngsters have of The Stones is one of 4 old wrinkles. To you, and me they are the greatest things in the world, but could you blame youngsters for not seeing the appeal? Yeah, it's just SO COOL to like a band your parents or even grand parents liked!
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)