ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2005 - 2006

NYC January 2006
© Getty Images with thanks to Gypsy
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: The Rocks Off Rolling Stones Bit Torrent Thread (Part 4) Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
December 5th, 2005 07:41 PM
pdog
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:
I have tried a million times to get on Dime..its always full..What would be a good second choice for Stones variety and content volume?...Thanks

It took me a year to get onto DAD... Keep trying...
December 6th, 2005 05:22 AM
silkcut1978
quote:
mac_daddy wrote:

i will ask that you not give up on the system. try seeding. set an example, and name your seeds properly - maybe it will catch on. it is great to see long time traders and fans (like you, silkcut) getting involved in the torrenting thing here at ro. please dont give up because a few of the fine details are a bit rougher around the edges than they should be...

thanks for your nice reply mac_daddy. as I was asked to seed a show here from '69 I changed my mind in the last 24 hours anyway ;-) but one thing I have to add: all in all I don't care for people who jump off after they'd finished their download because I think the might have a reason or two. I had a very bad connection until August (limited fair-use rate, only night-time flat-rate) and had a ratio on Dime < 0.30
Since August I'm able to transfer data as much as I want to and now I give back way more in return then I receive on every single tracker I am (now I'm > 1 on Dime) - sure I'm doing the same on Rocks Off.
What I want to say is that there might be good a reason for others to jump off as quick as they can but maybe one day they'll give it all back - like me. So I think there's hope :-)

you wrote: "try seeding. set an example, and name your seeds properly"
so I will :-)

have a nice one,
silk
December 6th, 2005 06:24 AM
Flairville Good morning everyone! Hampton 81 DVD 2 (Jointrip) is now up on the tracker! hope you'll enjoy it as much as i do. Let me know what you think of it and any suggestions for next week will be considered, I've got most of the popular DVD's.
December 6th, 2005 08:02 AM
purrcafe So what is the verdict? Is it okay to put stuff up here that I have recently put on another tracker? I have the aforementioned MSG '98 and the first Steel Wheels show ready to go . . .
December 6th, 2005 08:59 AM
justforyou Verdict ? That's up to you!
Currently, I'm indulging my bandwidth to MRD8's fantastic torrent storm...
December 6th, 2005 11:47 AM
claudiomoraleida Please, we need seeders to complete the Philly Edited DVD, We're stuck in 89.4% Anybody ?????

THANK YOU IN ADVANCE !!!!!!!!

and thanks to all uploaders here on Rocks Off !!!!

Claudio
December 6th, 2005 11:53 AM
gonzalo76
quote:
Flairville wrote:
Good morning everyone! Hampton 81 DVD 2 (Jointrip) is now up on the tracker! hope you'll enjoy it as much as i do. Let me know what you think of it and any suggestions for next week will be considered, I've got most of the popular DVD's.

T H A N K Y O U for DVD 2!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hampton DVD 1 is AWESOME !!!!!!!!
December 6th, 2005 02:12 PM
gimmekeef Finally made it on to DIME..The window to signup has been open a few times the last 24 hrs for those that are lloking to get on it might be worth a shot..good luck.As far as download speeds is there a kind of standard average?..I know there are tons of factors but I have new computer and cable modem...sometimes in the 30's to 40's..seldom higher for long often lower.Is this what everyon experiences?...Thanks for being patient with a rook....
December 6th, 2005 03:25 PM
stonesmachine
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:
Finally made it on to DIME..The window to signup has been open a few times the last 24 hrs for those that are lloking to get on it might be worth a shot..good luck.As far as download speeds is there a kind of standard average?..I know there are tons of factors but I have new computer and cable modem...sometimes in the 30's to 40's..seldom higher for long often lower.Is this what everyon experiences?...Thanks for being patient with a rook....

Hi Gimmekeef

Thats about what I average (30-40 kbs) with a a cable modem, unless you jump on when there is a bunch of seeders than it goes higher. (one time I saw 300kbs, only once though)

try this link if you want to try to tweak;
http://userpages.umbc.edu/~hamilton/btclientconfig.html

[Edited by stonesmachine]
December 6th, 2005 06:06 PM
Flairville I'm having PC problems trying to get them sorted tomorrow morning. Comp keeps crashing. There's a slight delay with Hampton disc 2 will be fixed asap.
December 6th, 2005 07:47 PM
mac_daddy houston is up

[Edited by mac_daddy]
December 7th, 2005 08:53 AM
gimmekeef I know all ratings are very subjective however most here that torrent seem to have a great amount of boot understanding and know the good from bad.Is there any way to incorporate on the tracker or in this thread an uploaders rating on the sound quality?...Or is this just opening up a can of worms??
December 7th, 2005 09:12 AM
mac_daddy not at all - tghere is nothing wrong with discussing quality...

here or the bigger bang audio recordings thread would be perfectly appropriate places for such discussion...
December 7th, 2005 10:44 AM
gimmekeef Thanks mac...guess with so many shows now to choose from I'm looking for help to prioritize from a sound quality persective.Kinda used to the 10=best available such as Brussells..etc...
December 7th, 2005 12:15 PM
interzone
quote:
Flairville wrote:
Good morning everyone! Hampton 81 DVD 2 (Jointrip) is now up on the tracker! hope you'll enjoy it as much as i do. Let me know what you think of it and any suggestions for next week will be considered, I've got most of the popular DVD's.

There are two identical Hampton vol.2 DVDs active. Which is correct? The only difference seems to be in some of the file names.
December 7th, 2005 01:57 PM
Gazza Who the hell uploaded THIS?

http://rollingstones.kicks-ass.org:6969/details.tmpl?torrent_info_hash=63D8CE07D4326C34F64864F2EEB7D56A57CA9A8D

16.3 GB, not even a proper title, not an announcement on this board about it - and to make matters worse, its MP3 SOURCED which isnt allowed here!

if Charlotte doesnt see this until later, please take this down immediately whoever you are - and if youre iploading something in the future, please at least try and follow the rules

December 7th, 2005 01:58 PM
Gazza
quote:
purrcafe wrote:
So what is the verdict? Is it okay to put stuff up here that I have recently put on another tracker? I have the aforementioned MSG '98 and the first Steel Wheels show ready to go . . .

perfectly OK, purrcafe. Feel free to offer it and many thanks in advance for doing so
December 7th, 2005 04:10 PM
stonesmachine I see room for 7 people at Dime right now
December 7th, 2005 05:14 PM
MRD8 New on the tracker this afternoon is disc two of the Stones Oakland October 31, 1994 concert...I think most of you will agree that this one is a 10/10 video/sound quality! Here's the tracklist:
Band Introductions
Honky Tonk Women
Before They Make Me Run
The Worst
Sympathy For The Devil
Monkey Man
Street Fighting Man
Start Me Up
It's Only Rock & Roll
Brown Sugar
Jumping Jack Flash
Remember this is the Jumbotronic screen feed so occasionally the screen will be blank...but the great sound NEVER stops!
December 7th, 2005 09:43 PM
gonzalo76
quote:
Flairville wrote:
I'm having PC problems trying to get them sorted tomorrow morning. Comp keeps crashing. There's a slight delay with Hampton disc 2 will be fixed asap.

There are two identical Hampton vol.2 DVDs active.
Which one is correct? The only difference seems to be in some of the file names.

Gr.
Gonzalo
December 8th, 2005 07:34 AM
Rolling Stones Argen It's a Pro-Shot DVD?
December 8th, 2005 11:02 AM
interzone
quote:
MRD8 wrote:
New on the tracker this afternoon is disc two of the Stones Oakland October 31, 1994 concert...I think most of you will agree that this one is a 10/10 video/sound quality! Here's the tracklist:
Band Introductions
Honky Tonk Women
Before They Make Me Run
The Worst
Sympathy For The Devil
Monkey Man
Street Fighting Man
Start Me Up
It's Only Rock & Roll
Brown Sugar
Jumping Jack Flash
Remember this is the Jumbotronic screen feed so occasionally the screen will be blank...but the great sound NEVER stops!

I recently complained about the confusion brought about by all of the DVDs that have been uploaded with the same "VIDEO_TS" title. I was courteously informed to click on the ellipses in the "more" column for further info (couldn't the ellipses characters simply be changed to the word "info"?). The above post contains absolutely no info whatsoever indicating what it is. No comments, No file names that might be of help. Anyone who comes to this board in a week's time is going to have to do some detective work to locate the torrent. So this is one more message thanking the uploader of all of these fine shows, but also imploring him/her to title them something other than "VIDEO_TS."
December 8th, 2005 11:04 AM
interzone
quote:
MRD8 wrote:
New on the tracker this afternoon is disc two of the Stones Oakland October 31, 1994 concert...I think most of you will agree that this one is a 10/10 video/sound quality! Here's the tracklist:
Band Introductions
Honky Tonk Women
Before They Make Me Run
The Worst
Sympathy For The Devil
Monkey Man
Street Fighting Man
Start Me Up
It's Only Rock & Roll
Brown Sugar
Jumping Jack Flash

One more thing, naming all of the DVDs "VIDEO_TS" also doesn't help when one finds a request on the list to seed an old torrent. Some bittorrent clients do not make it easy to tell the difference between 5 active files of the same name, making it less likely that the request will be acted upon.
December 8th, 2005 12:49 PM
Andy L Is it that hard to put the VIDEO_TS folder inside another folder with a more relevant name (e.g. 'Oakland 94 DVD 1') and seed that folder instead?
[Edited by Andy L]
December 8th, 2005 04:16 PM
MRD8 Andy,
I've tried putting the video_ts file in another folder and seeding from the one with a title but for some reason on Azureus I can't get it to seed from anything but the video_ts title...on my future DVD's(and I've got a bunch to seed!) I'm going to go back to the .ISO format...they are easier to rename and only a couple of people here have complained that they are not in video_ts format!
December 8th, 2005 05:28 PM
Rolling Stones Argen Atlantic City! Atlantic City! hahaha
If Anybody have this DVD, please up this to the tracker!
December 8th, 2005 07:52 PM
purrcafe I will upload the following, but I need one bit of help: what is the url announce for the Rocks Off tracker? I need it to create my torrent file in Make Torrent.

Rolling Stones
Madison Square Garden
New York, NY
1/14/98

VHS>Plextor ConvertX PX-TV402U>InterVideo WinDvD Creator 2

Good Audience Recording. This is a mixture of shooting directly at the stage with some shots of the video screen as well.

This is one of my favorite Stones concerts of the many that I've attended over the past 25 years. It's two discs that will be seeded separately. The second half will follow within the next few days.

Disc One
Satisfaction
Let's Spend the Night Together
Flip the Switch
Gimmie Shelter
Low Down
Saint of Me
Bitch
Out of Control
Memory Motel
Miss You
Band Introductions
How Can I Stop
[Edited by purrcafe]
December 8th, 2005 08:02 PM
Schooner333
quote:
I've tried putting the video_ts file in another folder and seeding from the one with a title but for some reason on Azureus I can't get it to seed from anything but the video_ts title.

1 - Put the video_ts folder within another folder, and name that folder as you want your torrent named.
2 - Add anything else in the folder that you want to be included in the torrent.
3 - Now create the .torrent file from this folder (not from the video_ts folder only)
4 - Upload the torrent to the tracker
5 - To seed, In Azureus, click: File > Open > Torrent File... (for seeding), and direct it to your .torrent file and click open. Next it will ask you to "Choose The Save Path", so direct it to your torrent folder (the one which contains the video_ts folder, and which you created your .torrent file from) and click OK.

This should work for you.
December 8th, 2005 08:28 PM
cabledogg2 I just put this DVD up on dime. I would have posted it on "OUR" tracker but my share ratio has taken a beating as of late. I believe this disc originated on this board a few years ago. Is that correct Gazza? Here is the link

http://www.dimeadozen.org/torrents-details.php?id=72535&hit=1

ROLLING STONES- RARE BRIDGES TO SECURITY (DVD)

1. NO SECURITY INTRO

2. GIMMIE SHELTER (San Jose , Ca April 20th '99)

3. HONKY TONK WOMAN (San Jose , Ca April 20th '99)

4. MOONLIGHT MILE (San Jose , Ca April 20th '99)

5. SAINT OF ME (San Jose , Ca April 20th '99)

6. SAINT OF ME ( Chicago , IL April 23rd '99)

7. YOU GOT THE SILVER (Chicago , IL March 26TH '99)

8. GET OFF OF MY CLOUD ( Chicago , IL March 26th '99)

9. MIDNIGHT RAMBLER (chicago , IL March 26th '99)

10. LITTLE QUEENIE (Chicago , IL April 23rd '99)

11. I JUST WANT TO MAKE LOVE TO YOU (Chicago , IL April 23rd '98)

12. LIKE A ROLLING STONE (Chicago , IL April 23rd '98)

13. BROWN SUGAR (Chicago , IL March 26th '99)
December 9th, 2005 02:04 AM
drno12 Hi guys,

I saw this morning that a lot of you stuck at 66 MB without a seeder at the Houston 2005 torrent. As I got it over on dime I decided to seed till the first of you snatched this torrent. Please stay and help others then, when you are finished!!!!
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)