ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2005 - 2006

NYC January 2006
© Getty Images with thanks to Gypsy
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: The Rocks Off Rolling Stones Bit Torrent Thread (Part 4) Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
December 2nd, 2005 10:51 AM
Maxwell
quote:
interzone wrote:

Does it have a title, or are we just supposed to guess? Or is it another "Video TS" file, of which there are now three (which makes all three files useless to anyone who comes late to the conversation, since they would have to download all three to guarantee getting the one they want)?

Just click on the three dots on the right side and it will tell you what is contained within the file.
December 2nd, 2005 11:11 AM
drno12
quote:
Maxwell wrote:

Just click on the three dots on the right side and it will tell you what is contained within the file.

No comment. Just wait 3 months and you have to click 1000 times on those dots!!! This whole tracker is a mess. I was constructive several times as other people too, but I (we?)didn`t get any responds. So... who cares. I won't up- or download anything here. By the way very nice people here. Just download your stuff and disappear that is the way it is here!!! And a lot of those who seed don't get a lot up here (just have a look by yourself!). I watched this whole tracker quite a while!
December 2nd, 2005 11:15 AM
joguema
quote:
interzone wrote:

Does it have a title, or are we just supposed to guess? Or is it another "Video TS" file, of which there are now three (which makes all three files useless to anyone who comes late to the conversation, since they would have to download all three to guarantee getting the one they want)?

Just click on the 3 points (...) in the most right row, which has the headline "More" and you will see, why this row is called "More".
December 2nd, 2005 11:25 AM
joguema
quote:
drno12 wrote:

No comment. Just wait 3 months and you have to click 1000 times on those dots!!! This whole tracker is a mess. I was constructive several times as other people too, but I (we?)didn`t get any responds. So... who cares. I won't up- or download anything here. By the way very nice people here. Just download your stuff and disappear that is the way it is here!!! And a lot of those who seed don't get a lot up here (just have a look by yourself!). I watched this whole tracker quite a while!

Not only do most of the peers disappear in the same second in which they have completed their download (VERY VERY UNFAIR !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!), sometimes the seeders run away, too (see "Detroit" or the brand-new "1-23 Con Le Mie Lacrime.wav")

DRNO12 is (partly) right. The tracker IS a mess and it becomes worse with each new torrent. On the other hand, I found and downloaded some things, which were NOT available elsewhere (A big thanks to the seeders !!!)
December 2nd, 2005 11:35 AM
De Meeuw can anybody tell me wich file the toronto 1989 is ?
i see 3 video TS files
many thanks
December 2nd, 2005 11:47 AM
justforyou Swarm Totals: 165 seeds, 394 peers, 4.43 MB/s up, 4.58 MB/s down

Averaging 8kb/s up and down for each active peer.

Dime is by the same calculations averaging 2.5kb/s up and down per active peer.

So these complaints are not justifiable!!
December 2nd, 2005 11:48 AM
joguema
quote:
De Meeuw wrote:
can anybody tell me wich file the toronto 1989 is ?
i see 3 video TS files
many thanks

Can you read ???

Then DO it (f.i., you could read the posts above).
December 2nd, 2005 01:17 PM
gimmekeef I have an excellent soundboard from Oakland 10/31/94 the last of 4 shows.Its a Bear Garden release and a solid 10 from a sound quality.Any interest in me trying to upload this?
December 2nd, 2005 01:23 PM
drno12
quote:
justforyou wrote:
Swarm Totals: 165 seeds, 394 peers, 4.43 MB/s up, 4.58 MB/s down

Averaging 8kb/s up and down for each active peer.

Dime is by the same calculations averaging 2.5kb/s up and down per active peer.

So these complaints are not justifiable!!

Not justifiable? Are you a politician? Sorry I don`t trust statistics I haven`t faked by myself :-) That was a joke!!!

About two weeks ago somebody asked for help with seeding. So I jumped to the tracker and seeded ( my upload speed is at most around 20-22 k/s. In the same time I uploaded 200 MB there were 2 other seeders, one uploaded 4 MB , the other 18 in the same time I did my 200. But we got a good average!!! :-)
December 2nd, 2005 01:25 PM
Maxwell
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:
I have an excellent soundboard from Oakland 10/31/94 the last of 4 shows.Its a Bear Garden release and a solid 10 from a sound quality.Any interest in me trying to upload this?

You have one interested here.
December 2nd, 2005 04:26 PM
MRD8 After the Toronto 1989 DVD is up and running on its own I am going to upload the 2DVD set of the 10-31-94 Oakland concert...it is called Voodoo At Halloween...you can put the audio up to build up anticipation for the video!
December 2nd, 2005 07:53 PM
Schooner333
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:
Is it possible to download only the audio from a dvd torrent and also to select individual tracks from any torrent?...Thanks again

1. No you can not download just the audio from a DVD torrent.

2. Yes you can download individual tracks (or individual files) from any torrent, depending on the BitTorrent client that you are using. It can be done easily with utorrent or Azureus. I'm not sure which other clients have this option, but I know there are others. However, you must keep in mind that you can only seed what you download. It is always best to download complete torrents and seed as much as possible ( 1 to 1 ratio is ideal).

For more information, send me a PM, and I'll get back to you.
December 2nd, 2005 08:37 PM
mac_daddy take this troll sh*t someplace else, drno12. you wanna bring this cr*p, hit with pm's. but dont take this all-purpose info, stickied thread, and turn it into a bitch-fest...

now, as for the tracker...

it is going to remain running on azureus for the forseeable future. that means it is going to look exactly the same for the forseeable future. if you dont like it, tough. dont let the door hit you on the way out...

as for tracker details - try loading the detailed tracker page. now i just checked the tracker, and it looks like the links are gone, which means that the software is likely being updated. this might be why you are having trouble accessing certain tracker features, like the detailed page, but this is a temporary thing (you are lucky the tracker is up at all during a server upgrade)...

as for the tracker being a mess - this is up to the seeders. i set the example of naming standards, i linked to pages in the wiki explaining the naming conventions in great detail, but the seeders have chosen to use their own naming schemes. now being a laissez-faire type of crew, we have let it slide, to be more accomodating to the seeders. but given that the tracker software only organizes the torrents by name, and given that the tracker software is not going to changed anytime soon, the tracker will continue to be organized as it is now. again, if you dont like it, beat feet and go somewhere else to download...

as for the seeding issues. alot of people are selfish. again, we are a laissez-faire crew, and we are not going to install share ratio enforcement (and it is not even possible using the current tracker software). another reason for slow speeds and seeding is that some people who stay on as seeds never get their machines configured properly. this happens everywhere. that is why using the swarm speed stats are more relevant than #of seeds stats. but this is common sense, and it happens everywhere, on all bit torrent sites. it is the nature of the downloading protocol...

you wanna know what slows down even more - the cats that download the stuff, and then IMMEDIATELY run to ezt/dad to seed, and hump their share ratios...

you wanna know what is confusing - sorting through those seeds, that are never labelled (downloaded from ro tracker), so we have to dig deeper, just to see that the "new" seeds are simply reseeds on another tracker. i know people do the same the other way around (d/l from ezt and then seed it here), but the difference is that this place has access open to all, ezt/dad does not...

since details re: every source on the tracker are posted in the stickied bit torrent threads, all questions regarding sources can be answered with a little bit of effort on the part of the downloader - all you gotta do is read the threads (which is why it is important not to fill these threads with troll-like flames)...

hth
December 3rd, 2005 12:39 AM
pdog MacDaddy, you're hard work is much appreciated by a not so vocal group... ME!
I DL, I try to let the UL's fully complete and I enjoy this shit alot!
December 3rd, 2005 01:08 AM
pdog A heads up... The 11-6-1981 Jersey Devil track 14 disc 1 , Let It Bleed is flawed. BUT!!! Everyone ever put out is flawed, I've never been able to find an unflawed version of LIB from this date... Not sure if it was released this way, but thar seems to be the case...
I've only ever heard The Empress Valley release. I believe there's another one called Ride Like The Wind...
Goodnight and good luck!
December 3rd, 2005 07:40 AM
Rolling Stones Argen I'm Interested to see more Pro-Shots DVD'S if it's possible
December 3rd, 2005 07:41 AM
De Meeuw is there a cover of the dvd Toronto 1989
who can help me

gr ray
December 3rd, 2005 08:14 AM
drno12
quote:
De Meeuw wrote:
is there a cover of the dvd Toronto 1989
who can help me

gr ray

Here are some of them!

http://bootcoverz.com/cgi-bin/dvd.cgi?template=dvd&path=DVD&sort=by_name
December 3rd, 2005 12:10 PM
ßloody red ®ooster I know i'm repeating myself but is there anybody out there who would like to seed the Mick Taylor 2003 DVD ???

we're stuck on 99,7% and it's a total of 8.00 MB's left

I've been trying to get it for a month now

plz

TIA
December 3rd, 2005 02:22 PM
MRD8 Rooster,
I'm going to seed Mick Taylor for about six hours...hope you get it in that time!
December 3rd, 2005 08:37 PM
ßloody red ®ooster
quote:
MRD8 wrote:
Rooster,
I'm going to seed Mick Taylor for about six hours...hope you get it in that time!

thx mate!!!

i'll stick on it for a while now so others can get it
December 3rd, 2005 08:38 PM
purrcafe I just seeded the first of two DVDs from MSG 1.14.98 at Dime. Are there enough people here who are not part of that community to warrant seeding on the Rocks Off tracker as well?
December 5th, 2005 05:54 AM
MRD8 New on the tracker this morning is disc one of the 2 DVD set, Voodoo At Halloween, Oakland October 31, 1994! This is the feed off of the Jumbotron screens so occasionally the picture will be blank but the awesome sound can still be heard!
Rolling Stones Oakland October 31, 1994 Disc One

Intro
Not Fade Away
You Got Me Rocking
Shattered
Rocks Off
Sparks Will Fly
Satisfaction
Beast Of Burden
Out Of Tears
Heartbreaker
Love Is Strong
It's All Over Now
I Go Wild
Miss You
December 5th, 2005 07:53 AM
silkcut1978
quote:
mac_daddy wrote:
as for the tracker being a mess - this is up to the seeders. i set the example of naming standards, i linked to pages in the wiki explaining the naming conventions in great detail, but the seeders have chosen to use their own naming schemes. now being a laissez-faire type of crew, we have let it slide, to be more accomodating to the seeders. but given that the tracker software only organizes the torrents by name, and given that the tracker software is not going to changed anytime soon, the tracker will continue to be organized as it is now. again, if you dont like it, beat feet and go somewhere else to download...

See your point mac_daddy but on the other hand it's just another proof that laissez-faire doesn't work. People need rules.

I was really glad as Gazza wrote me that there's a Stones-only tracker and for me it would be fun fun fun to provide and seed entire tours to make it possible for other collectors to fill their gaps and (maybe) to get something in return because somebody's might be yelling out that his generation is lower and sounding much better.

But (for me at least) that's the idea behind sharing - FUN - it's must be fun or I could bite my own ass instead as well. And it's NO fun in this mess of 20 individual naming-conventions and the very own world of VIDEO_TS.

So I'll shut up in future (before somebody tells me so ;-), download whatever I can find and give back my 150% - and that's it - I really have my doubts to up anything here by myself in the nearer future.

silk
[Edited by silkcut1978]
December 5th, 2005 12:17 PM
gimmekeef I have tried a million times to get on Dime..its always full..What would be a good second choice for Stones variety and content volume?...Thanks
December 5th, 2005 01:01 PM
purrcafe You can try purelivegigs or thetradersden. The RO tracker would be your best bet though. I don't know of anything else as specialized.
[Edited by purrcafe]
December 5th, 2005 01:29 PM
gimmekeef Thanks pur..yes RO Tracker has been good ..just looking at other sources..
December 5th, 2005 03:33 PM
Rolling Stones Argen Yeah,thats good! It's a Pro-Shot?
December 5th, 2005 07:32 PM
purrcafe
quote:
Rolling Stones Argen wrote:
Yeah,thats good! It's a Pro-Shot?

The MSG show? No, it's an audience recording, with some shots off the screen.
December 5th, 2005 07:34 PM
mac_daddy well silkcut, i am sorry you feel that way, but there isnt much else we can do...

even if we wanted to set naming conventions, and enforce share ratios, both are impossible with the current tracker software. and that is ot going to change for quite some time...

so how do we make the best of what we have..? we have setup an open tracker for lossless sources. we have parts of an open bbs dedicated to discussion of the tracker and its issues. what we dont have is seeders all following the naming conventions - hopefully the seeders will come around to this... we do not enforce share ratios - maybe the users will become more responsible and share...

i agree - this is supposed to be fun. turning fans on to new sources, by sharing them, is fun. unfortuneately a few folks seem to be really hung up on the fact that the naming conventions are not adhered to, and some folks drop off after they finish downloading. i understand why people complain, but i wish they could understand that there is nothing the mods can do about it. the naming issue and the seeding issue falls squarely on the shoulders of the seeders and users. and i, for one, am not going to complain about either of those groups. i want as amany users as possible here, and i want as many seeders as possible here. hopefully both groups will take a bit more care in the future to make this whole system run smoother - the users stay connected until they have shared at least as much as they have downloaded, and the seeders try to name their torrents with a bit more detail, and post the relevant info here at ro in the stickied bt threads. but i can only hope...

i will ask that you not give up on the system. try seeding. set an example, and name your seeds properly - maybe it will catch on. it is great to see long time traders and fans (like you, silkcut) getting involved in the torrenting thing here at ro. please dont give up because a few of the fine details are a bit rougher around the edges than they should be...

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)