ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2005 - 2006

NYC January 2006
© Getty Images with thanks to Gypsy
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: The Rocks Off Rolling Stones Bit Torrent Thread (Part 4) Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
January 15th, 2006 10:35 AM
Schooner333
quote:
Thanks for your kindness, Schooner333, in fact I thought it was Keith's Wingless Angels, i don't know where my head was at but I will download it anyway if we can get to 100%

I thought the same thing. It's too bad I could only get you to 99%, if someone else could just seed for a minute you'd be done.
January 15th, 2006 11:55 AM
joguema
quote:
MRD8 wrote:
New on the tracker this morning:
Rolling Stones Home At Last Wembley Stadium London June 11, 1999

I have "In Between The Sheets" on the Rattle Snake Label.

Are these identical ???

January 15th, 2006 12:11 PM
charlotte I just reopened Wingless Angels...I am also the only seed for a few others so your download will be a little slow but 100% will be there...
January 15th, 2006 12:25 PM
MRD8 In Between The Sheets is made from the same source as Home At Last.
January 15th, 2006 01:51 PM
egon I've been trying all weekend to get through to the site,
but only ones did i get about half a page.
(I only saw the line "rocks off bittorrent site")

i'm using the link on top of the messageboard, ie http://rollingstones.kicks-ass.org:6969/

does anyone know what the problem could be...?
January 15th, 2006 02:46 PM
Gazza that link comes up for me in the blink of an eye when i click on it

maybe its your ISP...?
January 15th, 2006 04:30 PM
charlotte try rebooting your pc and then ckick on the link...looks like Wingless is 100% now!

[Edited by charlotte]
January 15th, 2006 05:10 PM
drno12
quote:
DoctorStones wrote:
Simple Question :
Is someone currently working on an artwork for the awesome Vaults set ?
[Edited by DoctorStones]

Artwork has been uploaded to bootlegzone and you may find it here too:

http://www.bootlegzone.com/jfile_browser.php?directory=downloads/Rolling%20Stones/Pirates%20Of%20The%20Vaults%20Vol%201%20-%205/&dest=#here

drno12
January 15th, 2006 05:25 PM
egon
quote:
Gazza wrote:
that link comes up for me in the blink of an eye when i click on it

maybe its your ISP...?

i know i have what i think is called an active isp.
meaninig it changes all the time... or something.

No candy for me i guess.
January 15th, 2006 05:47 PM
smashmark
What Makes the World Go Around Wembley 82 DVD

hey, i started downloading this from Dime and it disappeared.

I was wondering if anyone here had the complete DVD?

thanx!
January 15th, 2006 05:47 PM
silkcut1978
quote:
egon wrote:

i know i have what i think is called an active isp.
meaninig it changes all the time... or something.

No candy for me i guess.

I have the same problem at office - no way to get the tracker-site started there. We have firewalls and routers there and I'm not allowed to make changes but maybe that's similar to your problem? You may have a port closed which is needed to access the site - are you using a router btw?

silk
January 15th, 2006 07:10 PM
kishorcsog Charlotte,

thank you for making possible Wingless Angels go to 100%, yes it is not the Keith album but it is great quality and fun to listen to, thanks also Schooner33 again and the original uploader of course
January 16th, 2006 05:23 AM
egon
quote:
silkcut1978 wrote:

I have the same problem at office - no way to get the tracker-site started there. We have firewalls and routers there and I'm not allowed to make changes but maybe that's similar to your problem? You may have a port closed which is needed to access the site - are you using a router btw?

silk

no router.
have got a (norton) firewall, but that should not be the problem i think.

funny enough i CAN access at work.

Guess i just have download the links at work
and then send them to my home.
i thin
January 16th, 2006 05:30 AM
Gazza
quote:
silkcut1978 wrote:

I have the same problem at office - no way to get the tracker-site started there.

same with me. I can only access it at home
January 16th, 2006 06:16 AM
charlotte N. firewall could indeed be the problem and most of the time a firewall setting is the issue. Remember you have to allow for P2P sharing.

Firewall and router setup
Software firewalls. You should use a software firewall if you're using BitTorrent. But you need to set it to allow incoming connections - it's essential to getting decent upload and download speeds. It's usually not hard to get a software firewall set right - it can be as simple as telling the firewall to allow your BT software to make both outbound and inbound connections. In some programs, like ZoneAlarm, allowing an outbound connection requires the BT program to have permission to "access the internet"; and allowing an inbound connection requires the BT program to have permission to "act as a server."

See this link for a discussion of why you need to get your firewall and router set properly. Note that when BT talks about you being "firewalled", it means your setup is not allowing inbound connections from other computers to your computer. BT can work using only outbound connections, but not nearly as well as with both outbound (or "local") and inbound (or "remote") connections.

If you use XP, the firewall is on by default - so you may have a firewall on blocking inbound connections without knowing it.

Hardware firewalls and routers. Things get complicated if you have a router, especially if you have more than one computer attached to it. Most routers have a firewall built in, which blocks most attempts to make an inbound connection to your computer. You'll need to tell the router to use "port forwarding" to forward inbound connections on the port(s) that BT is using to the right computer.

If you have more than one computer, you'll probably need to use static local IP addresses on the computers that are running BitTorrent. (If you let your router automatically assign IP addresses to the computers, as most do by default, those local IP addresses may change after restart your systems.) Also, note that if you are running BT on more than one computer on a local network, you'll want to forward a different range of ports for each computer, to keep their BT traffic separate.

The definitive way to tell if your router and firewall are configured properly to allow inbound connections (aka "get the green light") is to use natchek

If you need info on a specific router or firewall, you can sometimes find the information on how set your specific router for use with BitTorrent at the manufacturer's technical support site. There are also details on how to set up a variety of routers and firewalls at portforward.com and at this Broadband Reports FAQ on Direct Connect, which is a program that's similar to BT in that you want to allow inbound as well as outbound connections. Try following the instructions for your router or firewall, but instead of using the DC port numbers, use the BT ports (usually 6881-6889 - though for many people, all you really need is 6881, at least for starters). What that means is also discussed at this router settings page and at the BT FAQs above.

ISP issues. You can always find someone using your internet service provider (ISP) who is successfully using BitTorrent. So ISP issues are normally not the cause of you being firewalled, especially if you haven't been an active uploader before. Some ISPs will cap your uploads and downloads if you use it more than they like. Optimum Online is known to do this. However, ISP port blocking is a myth, and it's easy enough to change the default ports for BitTorrent if you like.

The major exceptions might be business or university networks - some of those do block various connection types and/or ports known to be used by file sharing programs. Some only allow traffic on certain commonly used ports, so that only the type of traffic they want to permit can get through.

January 16th, 2006 06:26 AM
egon thanks for the info.

but the thing is, that i can download/upload
without problems using bittorrent, emule etc.

in my case it is just a question of not being able to
connect to "a" website. that it's a torrent site shoul not matter i think?
January 16th, 2006 09:01 AM
MRD8 New on the tracker this morning:Rattlesnakes 7CD set of every soundboard recording from the 1972 Exiles tour, Stones Touring Party 1972!
Rolling Stones Touring Party 1972 Volume One
Two Days In Texas

Disc 1 Ft. Worth, TX June 24, 1972(1st show)
Gimme Shelter
Dead Flowers
Happy
Tumbling Dice
Love In Vain
Sweet Virginia
YCAGWYW
Midnight Rambler
Rip This Joint
Jumping Jack Flash
Street Fighting Man

Disc 2 Ft. Worth June 24, 1972(2nd show)
Brown Sugar
Bitch
Rocks Off
Gimme Shelter
Don't Lie To Me
Tumbling Dice
Love In Vain
Sweet Virginia
YCAGWYW
Midnight Rambler
Bye Bye Johnny
Rip This Joint
Jumping Jack Flash
Street Fighting Man

Disc 3 Houston, TX June 25, 1972(1st show)
Tumbling Dice
Love In Vain
YCAGWYW
Bye Bye Johnny
Jumping Jack Flash

Houston, TX June 25, 1972(2nd show)
Brown Sugar
All Down The Line
Midnight Rambler
Street Fighting Man

Winterland San Fransisco, CA June 8, 1971(1st show)
Jumping Jack Flash
Street Fighting Man

Remixes
Philadelphia, PA July 21, 1971(1st show)
Bitch
Philadelphia July 21, 1972(2nd show)
All Down The Line
Houston, TX June 25, 1972(1st show)
YCAGWYW

Rolling Stones Touring Party 1972 Volume 2
Philadelphia Special

Disc 4 Spectrum Philadelphia, PA July 20, 1972
Brown Sugar(vocals by Keith Richards)
Brown Sugar
Bitch
Rocks Off
Gimme Shelter
Tumbling Dice
Bye Bye Johnny
Rip This Joint
Uptight/Satisfaction(w/Stevie Wonder)

Spectrum Philadelphia, PA July 21, 1972 1st show(part one)
Brown Sugar
Bitch
Rocks Off
Gimme Shelter
Happy
Timbling Dice

Disc 5 Spectrum Philadelphia, PA July 21, 1972 1st show(part two)
Love In Vain
Sweet Virginia
YCAGWYW
All Down The Line

Spectrum Philadelphia, PA July 21, 1972(2nd show)
Happy
Tumbling Dice
Love In Vain
All Down The Line
Midnight Rambler
Band Introductions
Bye Bye Johnny
Rip This Joint
Jumping Jack Flash
Street Fighting Man
Jumping Jack Flash
Uptight/Satisfaction(w/Stevie Wonder)

Rolling Stones Touring Party 1972 Volume 3
Burning At The Garden

Disc 6 MSG New York, NY July 26, 1972
Brown Sugar
Bitch
Rocks Off
Gimme Shelter
Happy
Tumbling Dice
All Down The Line
YCAGWYW
Midnight Rambler
Bye Bye Johnny
Rip This Joint
Love In Vain
Sweet Virginia
Jumping Jack Flash

Disc 7 MSG New York, NY July 25, 1972(1st show)
Brown Sugar
Street Fighting Man

Montreaux, Switzerland May 21, 1972
Shake Your Hips
Blueberry Jam
John's Jam
Tumbling Dice #1
Tumbling Dice #2
Loving Cup

Warner Bros. Studio Burbank, CA May 1972
Fragment Of The Cocksucker Blues Movie

Vancouver, Canada June 3, 1972
Honky Tonk Women
Loving Cup
Torn And Frayed
Ventilator Blues

Ft. Worth, TX June 24, 1972(1st show)
Sweet Black Angel
ENJOY!!!
January 16th, 2006 10:11 AM
Schooner333 '72 soundboards....fantastic MRD8!
January 16th, 2006 11:46 AM
heymjm Hi guys

Could someone please seed ---

rollingstones_columbus2005_drake.torrent

(05-09-24 Columbus OH Nationwide Arena)

as there are a couple of us waiting.

Many thanks

Malcolm
January 16th, 2006 12:15 PM
DoctorStones Thank you so much for seeding the "Stones Touring Party 1972!"

I was waiting for that one to show up !
Artwork included ?
January 16th, 2006 12:45 PM
erikjjf Artwork for Stones Touring Party '72:
http://www.ilovemickjagger.net/arlesimages/imagepages/image2947.htm
January 16th, 2006 01:35 PM
heymjm Thanks guys, we no have a seed

cheers

M

quote:
heymjm wrote:
Hi guys

Could someone please seed ---

rollingstones_columbus2005_drake.torrent

(05-09-24 Columbus OH Nationwide Arena)

as there are a couple of us waiting.

Many thanks

Malcolm

January 16th, 2006 01:59 PM
gimmekeef The Memphis show by "drake"..fromDAD is imho the best from this tour ..easily a 9...with great guitar interplay....Idont know how to upload but would help seed if you can from DAD to here...You all should have this boot!
January 16th, 2006 02:03 PM
gimmekeef OOPS..See its here..didnt check down past the M's....Its great..get the Memphis show!
January 16th, 2006 02:14 PM
axl79
quote:
egon wrote:
thanks for the info.

but the thing is, that i can download/upload
without problems using bittorrent, emule etc.

in my case it is just a question of not being able to
connect to "a" website. that it's a torrent site shoul not matter i think?

Most of the weebpages uses port 80 as default access port.
(you don't have to write it every time you access a webbpage).
The trackers page uses port 6969.
As you ca see on the URL
(http://rollingstones.kicks-ass.org:6969/)

You have to be sure that no software or hardware firewall stop your attemps to access that port.

You could check by using another computer connected directly to your internet modem.
January 16th, 2006 02:21 PM
MRD8 The artwork for Stones Party 1972 is included in the torrent...sorry I forgot to post that!
January 16th, 2006 04:01 PM
egon I am downloading "the vaults", but they are all flac (?)files.

What am i supposed to do with them next..?

January 16th, 2006 04:07 PM
charlotte Compressed audio files (flac, shn)
Audio files are usually shared in lossless compressed formats. Compression reduces the size of the files to cut the download and upload time. "Lossless" formats like flac or shn let you re-create an exact copy of the original files - no data has been removed to compress the files. (This is different from "lossy" formats like mp3 and mp4/iTunes.)

Decompressing flac and shn to wav files. You need to convert flac or shn to wav in order to burn to CD audio discs (or use the Nero or Plextools plugins to decode and burn in one step):

- flac frontend will convert flac files to wav so they can be burned to CD. If you have Nero installed, the flac frontend installer will also install a plugin to let you decode and burn to CD in one step.
- mkwACT will decode shn files to wav - read and follow the install instructions at etree! See below for a Nero plugin link for burning.
- Mac OS X Users can use xACT to convert flac and shn audio files

See the SHN FAQ for more info on shn compressed audio files.

If you get errors in trying to convert a file, run the torrent again and have it test whether you really got to 100%. (You may need to force a re-check if you've set it to resume automatically.) If you're the only one having trouble converting the files, you probably need to run the torrent longer and get to 100%.

Playing compressed files from your hard drive. You can also play flac and shn files from your hard drive on your computer using WinAmp - that's handy for listening to stuff right away, sampling single tracks downloaded with Azureus, or seeing if you want to burn a show to disc. But you need the right "plugins" for WinAmp to decode the files:

- Flac frontend will install the plugin if you have WinAmp installed on your computer. Or, if you want just the plugin, download this zip file from the Rarewares lossless page - you want the little "in_flac.dll" file, currently version 1.1.2.. Unzip and copy the file into your WinAmp\plugins folder, then restart WinAmp.
- For shn, get the shnAmp plugin

The free lite version of WinAmp 5 works fine for this.

Mac users who want to play files from their hard drive might try MacAmp Lite or videolan media player (for flac).

Burning programs. If you use Nero, there are plugins for flac, shn and other formats at cd-rw.org that will burn without the decoding step - only recommended for faster computers. If you have a Plextor drive, PlexTools also just added the ability to burn flac as audio without separately decoding files to wav. As always with CD burns ... be sure that you're burning at a speed your rig can handle - a speed that keeps the buffer pretty close to full during the whole burn.

Lossy compression. Keep in mind that iTunes (mp4 or aac format) uses a lossy form of compression - much like mp3. It's useful for keeping a much smaller version of a file on an iPod or a hard drive - but some of the audio data is discarded to get smaller file sizes. Don't burn those to CD audio disc and then share them - share lossy compressed files only in the compressed format (mp3, mp4, etc). And note that
- iTunes will use lossy compression on all CDs you burn unless you change the default settings.
- If you decompress then recompress using lossy compression, the quality is reduced again, often significantly. Another reason to keep lossy files in their compressed format, and not decompress them.
January 16th, 2006 04:39 PM
egon Thanks,

Seems I've got some studying to do.:-)
January 16th, 2006 07:39 PM
Gazza
quote:
egon wrote:
Thanks,

Seems I've got some studying to do.:-)

once you have the right programs installed, its very easy

I use burnatonce to convert the files to CDR. very easy to use.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)