ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2005 - 2006

NYC January 2006
© Getty Images with thanks to Gypsy
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: The Rocks Off Rolling Stones Bit Torrent Thread (Part 4) Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
January 7th, 2006 09:56 PM
qwer
quote:
Chelsea Drugstore wrote:
Could any kind soul reseed the "what makes the world go round DVD. Fixed". A lot of people are stuck at around 60%

Thanks!

I would be happy, too!!!
I'm stuck at 60%, too!
They kicked it on DIME! Don't know why!
I hope it will work out here!
Has anyone finished it?
January 7th, 2006 10:32 PM
gonzalo76
quote:
silkcut1978 wrote:
LOL - I wouldn't recommend anything other than Azureus. It's excellent from my point of view and I love the really useless functions :-)
To each it's own ;-)
Cheers
silk

Silk, the problem here isn't Azureus or uTorrent, in fact, "justforyou" is the problem.
Everyone is free to use what he or she wants, that's why in my first post I started with: "IMHO..."
That was my humble opinion and I didn't disrespect anyone by saying: "I say fuck utorrent", "No respect from me!. Bloody parasites..." like "justforyou" did.
In fact, that’s not the way in which I talk to people, I was just using his own words to answer him back.

P.D: Silk, you may use what you want. You're my "Demos & Outtakes Hero".

love&peace

January 7th, 2006 11:51 PM
gonzalo76
quote:
qwer wrote:
I would be happy, too!!!
I'm stuck at 60%, too!
Has anyone finished it?

The original seeder had problems uploading the torrent to the RO tracker, that's why he uploaded to DAD. But unfortunately, the torrent was banned there.
I'm stuck too.
January 8th, 2006 04:45 AM
justforyou The problem is utorrent are disrespecting the torrent community. By being closed source, they cannot give back their technology enhancements to the torrent community. But they have used and copied technology from the community themselves. Like a leech that doesn't share.

Again, no respect due to those who disrespect their own roots for selfishness and personal gain. Fuck utorrent!!!

(Nothing personal against you, Gonzales.)
January 8th, 2006 05:25 AM
razorback
quote:
qwer wrote:

I would be happy, too!!!
I'm stuck at 60%, too!
Has anyone finished it?

I am the guy who was seeding this DVD
Asskicked from DIME !! reason : some short extracts of official video clips
I have Tried to reseed on rocks off tracker ...doesn't work !! every time I close azureus it fucks up my seed and I don't send anything
No solution !! So I am now seeding : in memory of brian jones DVD
Sorry but I can't do anymore for the guys whore are stucked
January 8th, 2006 05:41 AM
axl79 Thnx Razorback for your efforts!
I have been stuck both @ DIME and here.
I was banned from DIME yesterday with
Bright Lights , 'cause some official tracks too.
But I didn't close my window, meaning that the pleople
already connected to me could finish up their downloads.

The rocks off tracker seems to be confused. You can read that there are two seeders, I thinks that it's both you.

You maybe could try seed @ bootcity ?

http://bootcity.org/index.php?

Thnx anyway for all your attempts!
January 8th, 2006 05:45 AM
justforyou That's very unfortunate razorback. But brave of you to attempt a new torrent, after you abandoned the 'Swiss' broadcast...
January 8th, 2006 08:29 AM
MRD8 New on the tracker this morning:
Rolling Stones Circus Krone Munich June 3, 2003

Disc 1
Jumping Jack Flash
Tumbling Dice
All Down The Line
Sweet Virginia
Worried About You
Stray Cat Blues
Everybody Needs Somebody To Love
Dance
That's How Strong My Love Is
Going To A Go Go
Band Introduction
The Nearness Of You
Before They Make Me Run

Disc 2
It's Only Rock & Roll
Can't You Hear Me Knocking
Honky Tonk Women
Start Me Up
Brown Sugar
I Can't Turn You Loose
ENJOY!!!
January 8th, 2006 08:40 AM
DoctorStones Cirkus Krone !!!
Excellent show, great memories, one of the best concerts I ever saw !!!

Do you have any info about the source ?
Maybe the duration of each CD could help to see if it is theone I already have.
January 8th, 2006 12:13 PM
supermolland
quote:
mac_daddy wrote:
re: iso files

the use of iso files instead of _ts directories (with vob files inside) is not to cause YOU inconvenience. some seeders find it easier to use them than the video_ts directories. i am not sure why this is, but it IS the way that things are...

so, all the complaining in the world is not going to change anything.

if you want to download the iso files, you will need to be running os x, linux, or any windows os that is 2000 or later. those are the facts. hopefully you will be able to find a solution...

but please do not attack the seeders, who have given us TONS of material simply because YOU are unable to use a particular format in which the source is seeded. it is up to the downloader to adapt, as the source formats are not going to change (oh, and check dad - whoever took the fresno dvd from here and tried to seed it in the video_ts dir screwed up, and had to re-do it). so if the people that sponge off of here to reseed at dad cant get it right - how's about bitching at them, not the original seeder...

not to mention, there are a ton of folks that sponge off of the ro tracker, just to reseed the sources at dad simply to boost their share ratios (which is another reason why i think ratios are a bad idea), so inevitable, the sources end up over there...

remember - reseeding dad sources on the ro tracker makes sense, as the ro tracker is available to all. seeding ro tracker material over at dad makes no sense, unless of course you are looking to make attention grabbing posts at dad, and/or you are looking to boost your share ratio (with someone else's source)...

I do not understand this mentality. I have uploaded torrents to DAD that I got here simply to share the material. DAD has a much larger audience and you can reach much more people. There are so many trackers out there now that if someone posts something to one tracker that they got on another one I am grateful. I'm sure if this didn't happen many people would wind up missing things they really want.

This is about sharing the music. Not about clubs or share ratios or what site is better than another one.
January 8th, 2006 12:47 PM
mac_daddy
quote:
supermolland wrote:

I do not understand this mentality. I have uploaded torrents to DAD that I got here simply to share the material. DAD has a much larger audience and you can reach much more people. There are so many trackers out there now that if someone posts something to one tracker that they got on another one I am grateful. I'm sure if this didn't happen many people would wind up missing things they really want.

This is about sharing the music. Not about clubs or share ratios or what site is better than another one.

you are 100% correct.

the only problem that we are experienceing here, is that, when people take the new swarms over to dad, everybody jumps on them over there (presumeably to improve their share ratios), which leaves the original swarms that are on the ro tracker languishing with few seeds and slow speeds...

this particular dynamic comes from the fact that the majority of stones collectors using bit torrent seem to be on both dad and here at ro. the problem is the ones at dad for the most part have been there a while, so for them it makes no difference. but for the folks new to bit torrent, and this whole thing, they are shut out of dad, and so this is their only source for lossless torrents, which is fine, except the speeds here are, in general, slower than dad. yet many of the sources on dad were originally seeded here...

dylantree has had this problem, and there isnt much to do about it - you can put share ratios on the ro tracker, but i think we are all against that. you can attack the users - calling them out, and publically requesting that they not go to seed these things at dad, but i am totally against doing that. or nyou can just live with it, which is what we do...

in the long run, it doesnt make a whit of difference, except that it takes the ro users longer to download, but alot of that (judging by the tracker stats) is due to users not being setup properly. ro speeds are slow because not only do seeds bail to dad, but many that remain are stillnot configured properly. now this, too, takes time - and i think we will see less and less sources with 5 seeds and 0 kBps transfer speeds as time goes on, and people figure this stuff out...

but the fact that many users here come to ro, and pull sources, only to jump right off and take them to dad, does not help matters...

aint nothing wrong with sharing the music, but sharers should consider that the bit torrent system depends on the behavior of the users. i would just like to see people behave with a little less self interest, and a little more consideration for the health of the torrents - if you are the only seeder, and there are leeches, dont bail! stay connected until those downloaders finish. it is more important to be serving as a seed with few seeders than it is to be the first at dad with a "new" source... and that is all that i am saying...

oh - if you are going to do that (take ro sources and seed them at dad), please do it properly. dont try to hide it. dont change the name of the set, and maybe even say so "i just d/ld'd this from ro and am putting it up here." you would save alot of us collectors (and completeists) an awful lot of time and bandwidth...

____

last, butnot least, welcome to ro!

[Edited by mac_daddy]
January 8th, 2006 01:15 PM
axl79 Sure mac_daddy, I want to add that RO should try to learn newbies to keep their windows open after finish downloading, at least till they have share at least the same among they downloaded.
I have experience of seeding torrents at RO and once the downloader is finished, they just close their windows.
I'm alone seeder the whole time !!
That's what the share ratio is trying to prevent.
Look by yourself , have many total downloads there are and how many seeders you have right now!

January 8th, 2006 01:18 PM
joguema June 3 ??? - Wasn't that June 8 ???

quote:
MRD8 wrote:
New on the tracker this morning:
Rolling Stones Circus Krone Munich June 3, 2003

Disc 1
Jumping Jack Flash
Tumbling Dice
All Down The Line
Sweet Virginia
Worried About You
Stray Cat Blues
Everybody Needs Somebody To Love
Dance
That's How Strong My Love Is
Going To A Go Go
Band Introduction
The Nearness Of You
Before They Make Me Run

Disc 2
It's Only Rock & Roll
Can't You Hear Me Knocking
Honky Tonk Women
Start Me Up
Brown Sugar
I Can't Turn You Loose
ENJOY!!!

January 8th, 2006 01:27 PM
drno12
quote:
joguema wrote:
June 3 ??? - Wasn't that June 8 ???

Yessir! You are right!
January 8th, 2006 03:28 PM
LET ME GO68 Hello
I'm searching of Minneapolis boot, target center 1999/02/15.....the last boot for finish the security tour...someone can seed it????
thanks
January 8th, 2006 03:54 PM
Altamont What are the best sounding boots from the 69 tour?
January 8th, 2006 04:29 PM
drno12
quote:
razorback wrote:

I am the guy who was seeding this DVD
Asskicked from DIME !! reason : some short extracts of official video clips
I have Tried to reseed on rocks off tracker ...doesn't work !! every time I close azureus it fucks up my seed and I don't send anything
No solution !! So I am now seeding : in memory of brian jones DVD
Sorry but I can't do anymore for the guys whore are stucked

Hello razorback,
did you inform the administrators to erase those 2 torrents? Might be a good idea, cause there are still a few people who are trying to download. So you can save them time and bandwith when this torrents are erased. And a lot of people don't read the posts here.
Just a tip! ;-)
Best
drno12
January 8th, 2006 05:10 PM
razorback I have made a last attempt for WHAT MAKES THE WORLD GO ROUND DVD
It does'nt work !!

IT SUCKS !!!!

Dudes I am sorry but forget it !!
January 8th, 2006 06:05 PM
Chelsea Drugstore
quote:
silkcut1978 wrote:

LOL - I wouldn't recommend anything other than Azureus. It's excellent from my point of view and I love the really useless functions :-)

To each it's own ;-)

Cheers
silk

Hmm, tried to run utorrent on my Mac.... So I will stay with Azureus and can use the same software on my PC as well. Really simple ;-)

BTW. loaded some more useless functions by plugins ;-)
January 8th, 2006 06:24 PM
todd40fla does anyone have the boot HANDSOME GIRLS from the 78 tour.

i used to have a tape of it.....lost long ago and have been looking for this for a long time.

if you have it and would please post it.....i know i and many other stones fans would be very appreciative!!!!

thanks!
January 8th, 2006 06:55 PM
MRD8 I could seed disc 1 & 2 off the Handsome Girls box but I'm not really interested in doing all four...would the first two be good enough do you think?
January 8th, 2006 08:35 PM
cabledogg2 New on the tracker "OUT ON BAIL" This is a disc's worth of '78 tour soundboards. I believe that these recordings made it onto the Handsome Girls and Gorgeous Girls Redux boots. Really good stuff here folks. Sorry i could'nt locate any artwork..........enjoy

Tracklist

1. Let It Rock
2. Honky Tonk Women
3. Miss You
4. Respectable
5. Just My Imagination
6. Shattered
7. Faraway Eyes
8. Sweet Little Sixteen
9. Lies
10. Love in Vain
11. Tumbling Dice
12. When The Whip Comes Down
13. Brown Sugar
14. Beast Of Burden
15. Hound Dog
16. Jumping Jack Flash

The Original Artwork says Recordings were made at the Mid-South Coliseum Memphis Tennessee June 28th , 1978. With the exception of tracks 7,8,9 these were recorded at the Capitol Theatre Passaic , New Jersey June 14th , 1978
January 8th, 2006 08:39 PM
cabledogg2 Mr D , If it would be easier for you we could break up the Handsome Girls set (you seed Disc's 1&2 and i will seed disc's 3&4). Just say the word...........cabledogg2
January 8th, 2006 09:32 PM
interzone
quote:
cabledogg2 wrote:
New on the tracker "OUT ON BAIL" This is a disc's worth of '78 tour soundboards. I believe that these recordings made it onto the Handsome Girls and Gorgeous Girls Redux boots. Really good stuff here folks. Sorry i could'nt locate any artwork..........enjoy

Tracklist

1. Let It Rock
2. Honky Tonk Women
3. Miss You
4. Respectable
5. Just My Imagination
6. Shattered
7. Faraway Eyes
8. Sweet Little Sixteen
9. Lies
10. Love in Vain
11. Tumbling Dice
12. When The Whip Comes Down
13. Brown Sugar
14. Beast Of Burden
15. Hound Dog
16. Jumping Jack Flash

The Original Artwork says Recordings were made at the Mid-South Coliseum Memphis Tennessee June 28th , 1978. With the exception of tracks 7,8,9 these were recorded at the Capitol Theatre Passaic , New Jersey June 14th , 1978

Speaking of Out On Bail, perhaps someone here can help clarify some confusion. cabledogg2 lists his torrent, above, as the Mighty Diamonds version. I have a download of the Swingin' Pig version, which claims to be entirely from the June 14, 1978, Passaic show. Its cover exactly matches the set list for the Passaic show that is listed on the Complete Works site:

Complete Works/Swingin' Pig "Out On Bail"
14 June, 1978: Passaic, New Jersey, Capitol Theater

Let It Rock
All Down The Line
Honky Tonk Women
Star Star
When The Whip Comes Down
Miss You
Just My Imagination
Lies
Beast Of Burden
Respectable
Far Away Eyes
Love In Vain
Shattered
Sweet Little Sixteen
Tumbling Dice
Happy
Brown Sugar
Jumping Jack Flash
Street Fighting Man

Now, www.rs-covers.com also shows an identical "Out On Bail" release by Vinyl Gang. Same show, different cover images.

cabledogg2's Mighty Diamonds version has the tracks out of order for the June 28 Memphis show. Here's the actual set list from Complete Works:

Complete Works:
28 June, 1978: Memphis, Tennessee, Mid-South Coliseum

1 Let It Rock
2 All Down The Line
3 Honky Tonk Women
4 Star Star
5 When The Whip Comes Down
6 Miss You
7 Lies
8 Beast Of Burden
9 Just My Imagination
10 Respectable
11 Far Away Eyes
12 Love In Vain
13 Shattered
14 Hound Dog
15 Tumbling Dice
16 Happy
17 Sweet Little Sixteen
18 Brown Sugar
19 Jumping Jack Flash

Does anyone know if the Mighty Diamonds folks can be trusted with regard to their source, or might this set have more than three tracks from June 14? Why would they re-order so many tracks, and use the three tracks from the June 14 show when those same songs were also played at the June 28 show.

Any comments?

[Edited by interzone]
January 8th, 2006 11:22 PM
mac_daddy i have out on bail vinyl from lurch records (with the satisfaction/sweet little 16 yellow single). i am pretty sure it is from the the passaic, nj show...

but the vinyl doesnt have as many songs as the CDs do...
January 9th, 2006 12:02 AM
todd40fla mrd and cabledog.......go for it!!!

can't tell you how much i would appreciate this one!!!
January 9th, 2006 04:44 AM
MRD8 New on the tracker this morning: Discs 1 & 2 of Handsome Girls, Ft. Worth July 18, 1978!
Rolling Stones Handsome Girls Ft. Worth July 18, 1978

Disc 1
Let It Rock
All Down The Line
Honky Tonk Women
Star Star
When The Whip Comes Down
Beast Of Burden
Miss You
Just My Imagination
Shattered
Respectable
Far Away Eyes
Love In Vain
Tumbling Dice
Happy

Disc 2
Sweet Little 16
Brown Sugar
Jumping Jack Flash
Aternate Mixes
All Down The Line
Honky Tonk Women
Star Star
When The Whip Comes Down
Beast Of Burden
Shattered
Faraway Eyes
Jumping Jack Flash
January 9th, 2006 08:51 AM
tookthatname
quote:
mac_daddy wrote:
i have out on bail vinyl from lurch records (with the satisfaction/sweet little 16 yellow single). i am pretty sure it is from the the passaic, nj show...

but the vinyl doesnt have as many songs as the CDs do...

Out on bail with the yellow single was the original. It doesn't have the other tracks because they were soon followed by "in again, out again" which had the other tracks.

Neither of the ones listed at rs-covers is the original artwork. It was white with red rubber stamp like writing of "out on bail" on the front

It is mainly from passaic. only a couple songs thrown in from other shows as a bonus . I remember then being sweey little sixteen (may have been another song, its been 30 years) from lakeland and hound dog from memphis, both on the yellow single.

[Edited by tookthatname]
January 9th, 2006 11:44 AM
shaleia Good morning. Can someone please seed this:

rs1975-07-09 Forum 1st gen millard flac

Four of us are stuck at 97.6%

Thanks so much.
January 9th, 2006 01:16 PM
campino001 Hallo

I start my DVD downloading from MSG 98 two weeks ago.

DVD 1 have 53 %
DVD 2 have 94 %

Can anybody send me the files or can In delete at Azureus

Sebastian
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)