ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2005 - 2006

NYC January 2006
© Getty Images with thanks to Gypsy
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: The Rocks Off Rolling Stones Bit Torrent Thread (Part 4) Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
January 4th, 2006 08:47 PM
mac_daddy
quote:
purrcafe wrote:
Question about the Some Girls at the Dome ISO file. This is really small for a DVD. Is it a DVD file or a VCD or does it get larger when opening it with dvd shrink, as suggested earlier in the thread?

go back in the thread a bit...

mrd8 had a buddy that mixed the video with handsome girls audio, but only did a few tracks - that is why it is so small. thanks for the reminder - i was meaning to download this one myself...
January 4th, 2006 09:49 PM
gonzalo76
quote:
razorback wrote:
NEW ON TRACKER !!

IN MEMORY OF BRIAN JONES DVD

http://bootcoverz.com/DVD/In_Memory_Of_Brian_Jones.jpg

ENJOY !!

AWESOME upload razorback !
January 4th, 2006 11:52 PM
jb I vant the 1973 Copenhagen Torrent ASAP!!!!!!!!!!
January 5th, 2006 02:23 AM
DoctorStones
quote:
Schooner333 wrote:

It sounds like you are on a FAT32 system - The largest possible file for a FAT32 volume is 4 GB minus 1 byte. The file you are trying to download is a single file of 4.35 GB. It is not possible for you to complete the torrent or any other ISO over 4GB. I know THAT SUCKS!

If the DVD's were shared in the VIDEO_TS format, you and all others using FAT32 would be able to enjoy!

I've been complaining about that several times before, but some people just don't care and stick to unusable ISO files, that's why I only have 1 DVD from the MSG 2 disc set(a show I've been at - how frustrating)

It's really stupid, ISO files aren't smaller than VIDEO_TS folders...
January 5th, 2006 04:28 AM
razorback
quote:
DoctorStones wrote:

I've been complaining about that several times before, but some people just don't care and stick to unusable ISO files, that's why I only have 1 DVD from the MSG 2 disc set(a show I've been at - how frustrating)

It's really stupid, ISO files aren't smaller than VIDEO_TS folders...

So true !! that's the reason why I have uploaded barcelona 90 and im memory of brian jones in VDEO_TS format
I will never use iso formats which pretty suck and anyway are over 4 Gb just like VIDEO_ TS format
January 5th, 2006 05:24 AM
stonesmachine 1. I dont think ISO's are going to go away.
2. They are very useable
3. They do not suck
[Edited by stonesmachine]
January 5th, 2006 07:44 AM
gonzalo76 I knew it !
Thank you hombre for the Wingless Angels!
January 5th, 2006 11:12 AM
mac_daddy re: iso files

the use of iso files instead of _ts directories (with vob files inside) is not to cause YOU inconvenience. some seeders find it easier to use them than the video_ts directories. i am not sure why this is, but it IS the way that things are...

so, all the complaining in the world is not going to change anything.

if you want to download the iso files, you will need to be running os x, linux, or any windows os that is 2000 or later. those are the facts. hopefully you will be able to find a solution...

but please do not attack the seeders, who have given us TONS of material simply because YOU are unable to use a particular format in which the source is seeded. it is up to the downloader to adapt, as the source formats are not going to change (oh, and check dad - whoever took the fresno dvd from here and tried to seed it in the video_ts dir screwed up, and had to re-do it). so if the people that sponge off of here to reseed at dad cant get it right - how's about bitching at them, not the original seeder...

not to mention, there are a ton of folks that sponge off of the ro tracker, just to reseed the sources at dad simply to boost their share ratios (which is another reason why i think ratios are a bad idea), so inevitable, the sources end up over there...

remember - reseeding dad sources on the ro tracker makes sense, as the ro tracker is available to all. seeding ro tracker material over at dad makes no sense, unless of course you are looking to make attention grabbing posts at dad, and/or you are looking to boost your share ratio (with someone else's source)...

January 5th, 2006 11:29 AM
jb 1975 Gator Bowl Torrent? Thanks
January 5th, 2006 12:02 PM
GimmeExile mac_daddy,

I'm running OS X (10.3.9). How do I convert the ISO files to VIDEO_TS to burn a DVD using Toast 6?

Thanks in advance!
January 5th, 2006 01:30 PM
mac_daddy
quote:
GimmeExile wrote:
mac_daddy,

I'm running OS X (10.3.9). How do I convert the ISO files to VIDEO_TS to burn a DVD using Toast 6?

Thanks in advance!

you dont.

you use an image burning proram, like imgburn...

the new toast versions will burn an iso image, too... just load the iso into toast (drag and drop) and the rest should be automated...

hth
January 5th, 2006 01:47 PM
aprilfool quote:
GimmeExile wrote:
mac_daddy,

Thanks in advance!

you can. Make a double clik on the ISO file and it'll open like a disk on your desk and you'll see the video_ts folder into. I use this way and after I burn it with toast. Good luck
January 5th, 2006 02:02 PM
mac_daddy
quote:
aprilfool wrote:
quote:
GimmeExile wrote:
mac_daddy,

Thanks in advance!

you can. Make a double clik on the ISO file and it'll open like a disk on your desk and you'll see the video_ts folder into. I use this way and after I burn it with toast. Good luck

or you could do that

thanks aprilfool, and welcome!!!
January 5th, 2006 02:05 PM
gimmekeef I have downloaded the Fresno show from DAD (took 32 mins!...hit over 400kps).Now can I use the file to help seed it on the RO Tracker?...Thanks
January 5th, 2006 04:54 PM
GimmeExile Thanks, mac_daddy and aprilfool! I always appreciate helpful hints for OS X.
January 5th, 2006 06:31 PM
silkcut1978 new on the tracker this evening - a pleasure for me to deliver a baby to Gazza ;-)

find it under: RS 1976-05-14 Leicester

-----------------------------------------

The Rolling Stones

LEICESTER, New Bingley Hall, May 14, 1976

artwork: no
good audience recording

Source: CDr / EAC / flac

incomplete, expect a few cuts here and there - but source is confirmed!

CD 01

01. HONKY TONK WOMEN
02. IF YOU CAN'T ROCK ME/GET OFF OF MY CLOUD
03. HAND OF FATE
04. HEY NEGRITA
05. AIN'T TOO PROUD TO BEG
06. FOOL TO CRY
07. HOT STUFF
08. STAR STAR
09. YOU GOTTA MOVE (part I)

CD 02

01. YOU GOTTA MOVE (part II)
02. YOU CAN'T ALWAYS GET WHAT YOU WANT
03. HAPPY
04. TUMBLING DICE
05. NOTHING FROM NOTHING
06. OUTTA SPACE
07. MIDNIGHT RAMBLER (part I)
08. MIDNIGHT RAMBLER (part II)
09. IT'S ONLY ROCK'N'ROLL

I tend to say for completists only - so make up your mind before downloading!
[Edited by silkcut1978]
January 5th, 2006 07:40 PM
mac_daddy hey silkcut - thanks for this, and also for all the some girls material over at ezt...
January 5th, 2006 09:51 PM
jb 1981 Wembley show 1 torrent.
January 6th, 2006 10:39 AM
egon ok, i finally did it;
last night i installed "the bittorent" (or is it called client?)
software.

Question is; where do i find the links to all the candy?

Pretty please?
January 6th, 2006 11:40 AM
gonzalo76
quote:
egon wrote:
ok, i finally did it;
last night i installed "the bittorent" (or is it called client?)
software.

Question is; where do i find the links to all the candy?

Pretty please?

Here it's a good start
http://rollingstones.kicks-ass.org:6969/
http://www.dimeadozen.org/
By the way, which BT client did you install ?
IMHO, uTorrent is one of the best (if it isn't the best)
www.utorrent.com
January 6th, 2006 07:40 PM
stoneman333 Many thanks, silkcut, for the Leicester concert. I was at the following nights gig, and I'm sure this will bring back great memories.

Just a note for the completists out there - the venue was Granby Hall, Leicester (not Grandby as I've seen it written), and not Bingley.
January 7th, 2006 08:08 AM
justforyou I say fuck utorrent, it isn't open source. Torrenting has blossomed because of open source, and utorrent try and close it. No respect from me! Bloody parasites...

I stick with azureus or the original client from Bram Cohen.

http://www.bittorrent.com
http://azureus.sourceforge.net/
January 7th, 2006 09:53 AM
cinder Hi

Could anyone jump on the Philadelphia DVD torrent? There are 5/6 of us stuck at 20.8%...would be most appreciated

Kind regards
January 7th, 2006 11:02 AM
DoctorStones Could someone also reseed Downandout please ?
Thanks in advance !!!
January 7th, 2006 11:53 AM
egon
quote:
gonzalo76 wrote:

Here it's a good start
http://rollingstones.kicks-ass.org:6969/
http://www.dimeadozen.org/
By the way, which BT client did you install ?
IMHO, uTorrent is one of the best (if it isn't the best)
www.utorrent.com

thanks, and yes; i did install utorrent.
it was the 1st client i found :-)
January 7th, 2006 04:58 PM
Chelsea Drugstore Could any kind soul reseed the "what makes the world go round DVD. Fixed". A lot of people are stuck at around 60%

Thanks!
January 7th, 2006 05:23 PM
rankoutsider Could someone also reseed "Rolling Stones FootTappers"? There are 3 of us and I know I'm stuck at 92%. Thanks!
January 7th, 2006 05:53 PM
gonzalo76
quote:
justforyou wrote:
I say fuck utorrent, it isn't open source. Torrenting has blossomed because of open source, and utorrent try and close it. No respect from me! Bloody parasites...

I stick with azureus or the original client from Bram Cohen.

http://www.bittorrent.com
http://azureus.sourceforge.net/

I say fuck Azureus,
It is an extremely windows consumer resources.
It consumes more than 100 MB of RAM converting your PC in a cart !!! lol (uTorrent takes less than 9 MB of RAM.)
It has a lot of really useless functions.
I don't give a shit if it's opensource, it's just free like uTorrent.
No respect from me! Bloody parasites...
Azureus SUCKS !!!!

I stick with uTorrent.

Cheers from a polite guy like you.

January 7th, 2006 07:26 PM
silkcut1978
quote:
stoneman333 wrote:
Many thanks, silkcut, for the Leicester concert. I was at the following nights gig, and I'm sure this will bring back great memories.

Just a note for the completists out there - the venue was Granby Hall, Leicester (not Grandby as I've seen it written), and not Bingley.

I think there's no need to ask you if you'd taped the 2nd night...?? ;-)

Thanks for "Granby Hall" - I think I confused it too in my info-file, sorry !

silk

PS: any requests? anybody interested in a 1976-tour special? I would love to seed a gig every once in a while but what do you people need?
January 7th, 2006 07:30 PM
silkcut1978
quote:
gonzalo76 wrote:

I say fuck Azureus,
It has a lot of really useless functions.

Cheers from a polite guy like you.

LOL - I wouldn't recommend anything other than Azureus. It's excellent from my point of view and I love the really useless functions :-)

To each it's own ;-)

Cheers
silk
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)