ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2005 - 2006

NYC January 2006
© Getty Images with thanks to Gypsy
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: The Rocks Off Rolling Stones Bit Torrent Thread (Part 4) Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
November 29th, 2005 12:17 PM
Madafaka Please, let's continue this magic thing!
November 29th, 2005 12:19 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Glad to stick this once more

Link to part 3 :

http://www.novogate.com/board/968/216521-1.html
[Edited by Gazza]
November 29th, 2005 01:07 PM
Mickijaggeroo No one´s seeding Kansas City December 14? It has´nt moved in a couple of days?
November 29th, 2005 06:50 PM
Laminateman Yeah, and Voodoo Brew isnt moving either. If anyone could help it would me much appreciated
November 29th, 2005 07:08 PM
Gazza Important notice

Folks, we're regrettably going to have to pull the Mickboy remaster torrents from the tracker for legal reasons

Unfortunately, its simply too risky for us to allow these recordings to be uploaded as they contain remasters of copyrighted material.

Our policy is that we cant permit recordings containing such material because we run too much of a risk from the Stones ' legal people for doing so.

Whilst we thank all of you who have offered these great sets so far, we'd ask you in future NOT to upload bootlegs which contain material which has been officially released (audience recordings of songs that were released on soundboard format on live albums seem to be OK..however, material taken directly from official releases (eg much of "Stripped Companion") or remasters of officially released recordings (eg the Mickboy series)are not.

For us to keep allowing such material can result in getting heat from an unwelcome source and could end up jeopardising the entire future of the tracker site.

We realise that a lot of you are in the middle of downloading these shows, so we're going to give a few hours notice to help you complete them before theyre all removed.

Accordingly, these torrents will be removed from the tracker at 06.00 EST tomorrow (Wednesday)

Thanks for your co-operation and understanding and sorry for any inconvenience.

Gazza, Voodoo, Jaxx, Macdaddy & Charlotte
[Edited by Gazza]
November 29th, 2005 09:21 PM
Schooner333 It sucks that these torrents have to be removed, though I totally understand the reasoning behind it. Anybody who can possibly seed on these torrents should do so , it would really help out those who are trying to complete them before it is too late.
November 30th, 2005 12:54 AM
Ramrod I can fully understand the legal reasoning behind the removal of the torrents - who wants to get their arse sued? But I feel that a bit of tolerance from the Stones legal powers that be should be exercised here. For starters only the hardcore of the hardcore of Stones fans is going to be interested in much of what is on offer. (How many copies did 'No Security' sell?)

I say this because if the Stones themselves were to release a series of truly live albums (without the usual overdubs) of for example some gigs from the '82 tour, how many copies of each do they honestly think they would sell? 20K? 10k? even 5?

My second point is this - the Stones haven't even released what they officially recorded on the legendary '72 tour, let alone something more obscure. The Stones themselves wouldn't release much of this simply because it would be too uneconomical if not to also say downright embarrassing sales wise to do so. Why not let the hardcore fans have the stuff? Somebody downloading otherwise forgotten shows (from the general public's point of view) from decades ago ain't going to hurt the Stones too much.

My third point is - if someone is keen enough to want to hear outtakes from say Voodoo or whatever, it's a safe bet they have bought every Stones album legally available, go to multiple shows and buy the merchandise as well. These are the people who put the Stones where they are and keep them there. If they want bootlegs of Keith tuning up let 'em have 'em I say.

The Stones probably have a justified sense of containing their losses. After all they have been ripped off probably more times than most of us will ever know. But not by the humble, loyal hardcore fan - but by the various industry moguls that smile when they greet them but would probably piss on their flowers if they were to ever take a fall.

Perspective please, Stones legal people.
November 30th, 2005 03:15 AM
cc I know it's leaving soon, but you should know that this copy of Rags to Excess is _full_ of digital errors, especially on the Knebworth tracks. Is the original Mickboy disc that way?

cc
November 30th, 2005 05:54 AM
MRD8 New on the tracker this morning is the next to last 1981 soundboard I'm going to seed for now...the November 6, 1981 New Jersey Meadowlands Soundboard!
Rolling Stones Meadowlands, New Jersey November 6, 1981 Soundboard

Disc 1

Take The A Train
Under My Thumb
When The Whip Comes Down
Let's Spend The Night Together
Shattered
Neighbor's
Black Limousine
Just My Imagination
Twenty Flight Rock
Going To A Go Go
Let Me Go
Time Is On My Side
Beast Of Burden
Waiting On A Friend
Let It Bleed

Disc 2

YCAGWYW
Band Introductions
Little T&A
Tumbling Dice
She's So Cold
All Down The Line
Hang Fire
Miss You
Start Me Up
Honky Tonk Women
Brown Sugar
Jumping Jack Flash
Satisfaction
Star Spangled Banner
November 30th, 2005 04:12 PM
Mickijaggeroo Can someone please seed Kansas city December 14, 1981?
November 30th, 2005 04:21 PM
MRD8 I'm sorry I put the Mickboy remasters up, I should've used my head a little better! Two of them are still up...From Rags To Excess and Dancing So Free...better to take them all down!
November 30th, 2005 04:26 PM
Mickijaggeroo I was thinking of torrenting Jointrips Atlantic City, wich as we all know is from a PPV. How would that be categorized?
November 30th, 2005 07:47 PM
Rolling Stones Argen Mickijaggeroo returned, te idol of the people ahhahaha
November 30th, 2005 08:44 PM
GimmeExile
quote:
cc wrote:
I know it's leaving soon, but you should know that this copy of Rags to Excess is _full_ of digital errors, especially on the Knebworth tracks. Is the original Mickboy disc that way?

cc

Can you elaborate?

How do you check for digital errors after you've downloaded?
November 30th, 2005 09:05 PM
cc
quote:
GimmeExile wrote:

Can you elaborate?

How do you check for digital errors after you've downloaded?

Just listen. On subpar recorded boots of course it's hard to tell what's a digital error and what's tape noise or something else. But these discs should be different. There's a big click in the intro of "Fool to Cry." That's about it for the main album section, but the bonus tracks at the end of disc 1 are full of clicks and gaps, the 3 Knebworth tracks in particular. Because it's mainly those tracks, I wonder if they came from Mickboy that way. But on the other hand, I can't imagine he would put them out having errors.

cc
November 30th, 2005 11:00 PM
gimmekeef Both Mickboys I got downloaded and they look fine showing 100% and placed in correct files.Except when I use Nero to burn em they missfire after about 6% and shut down?...They dont seem to go through the process of being "added" to Nero with that upload bar that shows when files are being added.not sure what my problem is?.....Anyone have a thought?...Thanks as always...
December 1st, 2005 04:26 AM
MRD8 Mickjaggeroo,
I've started seeding the Kanas City December 14, 1981 soundboard this morning so you can get it completed...I'll leave it up all day till I put a new one up tonight...
December 1st, 2005 08:31 AM
gonzalo76 MRD8, I'm confused, why are two shows of Kansas City December 14, 1981 ?

Kansas City December 14, 1981 832.37 MB
Kansas City December 14, 1981 Soundboard 498.26 MB

Gr.
Gonzalo
December 1st, 2005 12:53 PM
Gazza
quote:
Mickijaggeroo wrote:
I was thinking of torrenting Jointrips Atlantic City, wich as we all know is from a PPV. How would that be categorized?

its ok. Its not copied from a commercially released video or DVD

Torrenting "Gimme Shelter" would be a different scenario, however

thanks
December 1st, 2005 12:56 PM
Gazza
quote:
MRD8 wrote:
I'm sorry I put the Mickboy remasters up, I should've used my head a little better! Two of them are still up...From Rags To Excess and Dancing So Free...better to take them all down!

No worries, Bob

We just thought its better to be safe than sorry
December 1st, 2005 05:31 PM
MRD8 New on the tracker this evening are the two songs the Stones performed on the American Music Awards on November 22, 2005, Rain Fall Down and It's Only Rock & Roll...this is a DVD...ENJOY!!!
December 1st, 2005 06:22 PM
justforyou Thanks so much MRD8 !

December 1st, 2005 07:01 PM
cabledogg2 Thanks Bob , is It's only rock n roll from the AMA show cut or is it the whole song?...............cabledogg2
December 1st, 2005 08:45 PM
cabledogg2 Can you burn dvd files with dvd decrypter? If so what mode do you use?..............cabledogg2
December 2nd, 2005 04:32 AM
MRD8 To burn using DVDecrypter go to Mode...then .ISO then click on Write...when the arrow turns green you are ready to go!
December 2nd, 2005 05:48 AM
MRD8 New on the tracker this morning is a DVD of the third show on the Stones "comeback" tour in 1989...the September 3rd Toronto concert! It is incomplete but features some rarely played gems that were quickly dropped after the tour was not many shows old...Play With Fire, Dead Flowers and One Hit(To The Body) which is AWESOME! Here's the tracklist:
Start Me Up
Bitch
Sad Sad Sad
Undercover Of The Night
Harlem Shuffle
Tumbling Dice
Miss You
Ruby Tuesday
Play With Fire
Dead Flowers
One Hit(To The Body)
Mixed Emotions
Gimme Shelter
It's Only Rock & Roll
Brown Sugar
Satisfaction
Jumping Jack Flash
December 2nd, 2005 08:39 AM
gimmekeef Is it possible to download only the audio from a dvd torrent and also to select individual tracks from any torrent?...Thanks again
December 2nd, 2005 09:01 AM
mac_daddy
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:
Is it possible to download only the audio from a dvd torrent and also to select individual tracks from any torrent?...Thanks again

no and no
December 2nd, 2005 09:30 AM
gimmekeef Thanks Mac!..
December 2nd, 2005 10:01 AM
interzone
quote:
MRD8 wrote:
New on the tracker this morning is a DVD of the third show on the Stones "comeback" tour in 1989...the September 3rd Toronto concert! It is incomplete but features some rarely played gems that were quickly dropped after the tour was not many shows old...Play With Fire, Dead Flowers and One Hit(To The Body) which is AWESOME! Here's the tracklist:
Start Me Up
Bitch
Sad Sad Sad
Undercover Of The Night
Harlem Shuffle
Tumbling Dice
Miss You
Ruby Tuesday
Play With Fire
Dead Flowers
One Hit(To The Body)
Mixed Emotions
Gimme Shelter
It's Only Rock & Roll
Brown Sugar
Satisfaction
Jumping Jack Flash

Does it have a title, or are we just supposed to guess? Or is it another "Video TS" file, of which there are now three (which makes all three files useless to anyone who comes late to the conversation, since they would have to download all three to guarantee getting the one they want)?
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)