ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

With Marianne Faithfull and Desmond Guinness - August 1968
© Slim Aarons
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Stones - Hendrix - Zydeco Return to archive
01-16-04 12:39 AM
Taptrick Voodoochileinwonder should get a kick out of this: I just got back from New Orleans and when I was in the French Quarter I watched a kickin set by a band called Dwayne Doopsie and the Zydeco Hell Raisers. The lead singer plays accordion and rocks! He did Voodoo Child Slight return and Beast of Burden! It was amazing to see him replicate Hendrix solos on the accordion. I will post more later but I'm tired now and need to sleep.
[Edited by Taptrick]
01-16-04 01:17 AM
parmeda Hey Tap...
Did you know that Dwayne has several other siblings in another band called Dopsie, Jr. & the Zydeco Twisters? Their old man greeted each of them into this world and placed an accordian in their hands, lol.

Did you see the Hellraisers at a place called La Strada's? (Just curious..)
I can't wait to hear what you thought of them
01-16-04 07:51 AM
Taptrick No. I talked to "Dwayne" between sets but not at legnth. I have a few thoughts about all this and some comments relative to the Stones but I think I need to wait till I have time over the weekend.
01-16-04 09:19 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Sounds good! Sometimes the ICEs ("International Coating Exhibitions") are held there, please let me know also the name of the bar, I know is in the French Quarter but it's full of bars, is it in Bourbon Street? Do you know if the band has a website, sometimes they upload MP3 files of their covers.
01-16-04 09:27 AM
Ten Thousand Motels Louisianna is a great music state. I just wish I had got out more when I was down there for awhile. I've heard that out towards the Texas border (SW LA) is where the down and dirty Zydeco clubs are.
01-16-04 09:34 AM
glencar That's a fun part of the country. I remember driving towards Mississippi & Alabama & eating at some great restaurants.
01-16-04 09:57 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl As far as I know it's also State number one in corruption
01-16-04 10:00 AM
glencar You've never heard of New Jersey, apparently. The Sopranos is fiction but it's very close to reality.
01-16-04 10:20 AM
Ten Thousand Motels Rhode Island has quite a reputaion too. And it's probably no accident that the Governor's Mansion in Maine is named after one of the most ruthlessly corrupt politicos in American History...the Honorable James Blaine. He ran the US House of Representatives for a number of years.
01-16-04 10:23 AM
glencar He was also the Democrat losing candidate for President around 1880 or so.

BEST VIEWED HIGH