ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

With Marianne Faithfull and Desmond Guinness - August 1968
© Slim Aarons
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Hey Mr./Ms. Adminstrator Return to archive Page: 1 2
01-15-04 12:30 PM
telecaster What is the procedure to get you a photo for a header?

A friend of a friend was hired to be the photographer when The Stones visted Muddy Waters house in beautiful Westmont, IL in '81 and has all those photos

Do I need a release or anything?

01-15-04 12:31 PM
Strange_Stray_Cat Just gimme $ 1,000 and I will take care of it.
01-15-04 12:32 PM
Ten Thousand Motels WOW!!!!
Those aren't just photos. Crucial Historical Documents.
01-15-04 12:32 PM
mac_daddy send them in an email to voodoo as an attachment
01-15-04 12:51 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl WOW I agree they are Crucial Historical Documents

Yes, just send them to me at [email protected], they deserve more than a header!!
01-15-04 12:56 PM
telecaster Do I need to tell the guy they will be put on the web?

Dumb question but had to ask
01-15-04 12:59 PM
glencar Just send them please so we can lose the "Keith-as-a-Staten-Island-garage-jockey-look" header. So painful, baby it hurts.
01-15-04 01:01 PM
LadyJane What happened to chiba faced, barefoot Mick header?

LJ.
01-15-04 01:03 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
glencar wrote:
-So painful, baby it hurts.

Just stare at the guitar and the pain subsides. Nice looking geetar.
01-15-04 01:04 PM
glencar I've tried but those reeboks get in the way. Why, Keith, why???
01-15-04 01:05 PM
mac_daddy
quote:
glencar wrote:
I've tried but those reeboks get in the way. Why, Keith, why???

lol

liontamers everywhere are rejoicing that Keef never took in their acts sportin' that 'do.
01-15-04 01:06 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl
quote:
telecaster wrote:
Do I need to tell the guy they will be put on the web?

Dumb question but had to ask

Sure yes as they are his photos and is stuff of value, tell him that we will give him full credits, ask him to say the way he wants the credits to appear
01-15-04 01:08 PM
glencar
quote:
mac_daddy wrote:
lol

liontamers everywhere are rejoicing that Keef never took in their acts sportin' that 'do.

LOL The Seigfrid & Roy effect! That's why it's so unnerving!
01-15-04 01:11 PM
Joey " LOL The Seigfrid & Roy effect! That's why it's so unnerving! "

When I was in Vegas , there were giant-sized pictures of " Siegfried & Roy " everywhere . It truly made my testicles creep so far up into my body cavity that individuals passing me by on the Strip kept asking me if I have the mumps .

Word ! To Your Jacky !

Jack the Cake !

01-15-04 01:15 PM
mac_daddy Joey, when you were in Vega$ did you check out Jaguars? the place needs to be seen to be believed - best spot in the city, bar none (if you go in for that kind of entertainment).
01-15-04 01:16 PM
glencar That's ironic since the two gals will never perform(on stage anyway) again. I read that the Mirage is keeping the billboards around on purpose. Cirque De Soliel is going to probably replace the ex-lion boys.
Joey " Joey, when you were in Vega$ did you check out Jaguars? the place needs to be seen to be believed - best spot in the city, bar none (if you go in for that kind of entertainment). '

No , where's it at ?!?!?!

glencar Where was Jaguars?
01-15-04 01:20 PM
Joey

I asked first !

01-15-04 01:20 PM
telecaster http://www.jaguarslv.cc/
01-15-04 01:21 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl
quote:
LadyJane wrote:
What happened to chiba faced, barefoot Mick header?

LJ.

I just put that header to test the chiba wallpaper and now is in the new Archive LOL ( http://www.novogate.com/board/968/Archives/01-15-2004/ ) this header has been used before, so it was just intintional to leave that header-wallpaper combination in the archives

Photo by René Pinedo with thanks to Cucho Peñaloza, taken during the making of Werner Herzog's "Fitzcarraldo" early 1981, Mick left the filming to start the 1981 Tour.

by René Pinedo and was taken in Íquitos, Perú during the shot of

glencar Joey, great minds think alike. Now, I must go to the link...
mac_daddy
quote:
glencar wrote:
Cirque De Soliel is going to probably replace the ex-lion boys.

I made the mistake of indulging my wife and taking her to those clowns. I had gad a bit to drink, and about 5 mins into the freakfest, I was out/ My wife enjoyed herself thoroughly...

later that year we went and saw the Varakei production set up in the Staples Center parking lot (tix comp'd this time). This time I didnt drink before showtime, but I sure wish that I had. Same effect, though - once we got about 5 or 10 minutes deep, I was out. My wife thought the show was fantastic...

I would rather see wannabe Liberace's play with large animals - at least you could focus on the animals. At Cirque de Soleil, there is just weird music and weird people doing acrobatics. But none of it is cuttng edge, it just is weird and lame - it sucks.
01-15-04 01:22 PM
Joey " Joey, great minds think alike. Now, I must go to the link... "

Take me with you , please !

01-15-04 01:28 PM
glencar Joey, you must stay behind. I'm sorry but that's the way it is.
01-15-04 01:28 PM
telecaster
quote:
Joey wrote:

Take me with you , please !

We have to, your buying
01-15-04 01:29 PM
mac_daddy Jaguars is off that road west of the strip (the same one that CHtoo is on). I am not sure of the exact address as I have never driven there, but I know it is right back in that area. My experience is that the limo drivers know exactly where it is, and like all good Limo drivers, who can hook you with anything you need if you ask properly, they will take you straight there, and walk you in - handling all charges along the way)...

The layout is nice, definitely the most upscale spot in town - nice bars, stages - a wonderful playground...

I have heard that upstairs, if you have the $$$, anything goes, and they are equipped for it all.
01-15-04 01:29 PM
glencar Mac, I saw them in NYC for "Mystere" & it was fun. I don't think I could go again though. It's like Cancun - fun while there but once is enough.
01-15-04 01:30 PM
glencar Is it in an industrial type of area? I went to a classy joint the night before the Stones' April '99 appearance & had a rockin' good time.
01-15-04 02:31 PM
mac_daddy I can see how you would say that is an industrial area, I'll bet it is the same place. did you go upstairs..?
Page: 1 2

BEST VIEWED HIGH