ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

With Marianne Faithfull and Desmond Guinness - August 1968
© Slim Aarons
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: keith-header Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
01-15-04 03:45 PM
Mottrush
Without doubt the worst picture of Keith I've ever seen! He looks like fucking Lyle Lovett!!!!
01-15-04 03:46 PM
Strange_Stray_Cat
quote:
Mottrush wrote:

Without doubt the worst picture of Keith I've ever seen! He looks like fucking Lyle Lovett!!!!

Yeah, but he fucked Mariah Carey.
01-15-04 03:47 PM
glencar Lyle Lovett fucked Mariah Carey? WHY WHY WHY?????
01-15-04 03:49 PM
egon and when, when, when?
01-15-04 03:49 PM
glencar He did tag Julie Roberts after all...
01-15-04 03:50 PM
Strange_Stray_Cat
quote:
glencar wrote:
Lyle Lovett fucked Mariah Carey? WHY WHY WHY?????

Gegegege, Julia Roberts.
01-15-04 03:51 PM
Moonisup it's Julia roberts

I'f I had to pick, I'd also pick Julia
01-15-04 03:53 PM
glencar I know it's "Julia" but I made a typo & was too lazy to clean it up. She's not worth it.
01-15-04 04:40 PM
patioaintdry I hold Jane Rose responsible for that hair
01-15-04 05:06 PM
SHINE A LIGHT jane's job is to take care of the man, NOT electrocute him!!
01-15-04 05:30 PM
UGot2Rollme isn't this a picture of Keith when he was with that great Detroit-Rock-City band the ROMANTICS?

WHAT I LIKE ABOUT KEITH!!!!
01-15-04 05:48 PM
exile YE GODS!!!!!
Why is he on a police car were they arresting Keith for Bad taste in hair?
no wonder the stones broke up in the 80's

However I feel if we all had a look in our photo albums around 1982-1989 I think we were all sporting gems like this.
01-15-04 06:10 PM
sirmoonie John Parr of St. Elmo's Fire fame.
01-15-04 06:32 PM
Nasty Habits
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:
John Parr of St. Elmo's Fire fame.

Not to mention "Naughty Naughty"!

Really, that's not cat class and it's not cat style!

Wake me up before you're goin' to a go go!

01-15-04 09:08 PM
stonedinaustralia i remember the first time i saw that shot and others from the same session - in a "guitar player" magazine circa '88 -i felt betrayed, as if my universe had gone off its axis and was heading down a black hole - keith with a NOT COOL hair do (not only not cool definitely mullett like)- how can this be i thought has the world gone completely mad - I agree with patioaintdry - Jane Rose has a lot to answer for

[Edited by stonedinaustralia]
01-15-04 09:14 PM
telecaster Hopefully, this header will only be up for a few more hours

01-15-04 09:17 PM
stonedinaustralia well tele at least it serves as a warning

KIDDIES, DON'T LET THIS HAPPEN TO YOU!!!
01-15-04 09:18 PM
exile keith in his "PERM" peroid

see 25 X 5 video for more of keith's incredable "PERM" period

or the Video clip for "Mixed Emotions" whats the story there? What are they wearing? Charlies got a bad hairdo cira "Steel wheels" as well.
01-15-04 09:19 PM
stonedinaustralia
quote:
exile wrote:
keith in his "PERM" peroid

see 25 X 5 video for more of keith's incredable "PERM" period

"the mullett years"

it wasn't quite so bad in 25x5 - that header shot is the alltime nadir
01-15-04 09:32 PM
caro I'm thrilled and somewhat moved at the thought that I will never have to argue with a Stones fan about what exactly a bad haircut is. It's one of the (numerous) things a Stones fan will instantly understand. Oh man, I love you all.
01-15-04 09:58 PM
sirmoonie I agree the header should come down asap, and this thread should be deleted. For the sake of Keith's human rights.
01-15-04 10:19 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl LOL at this speed I?m gonna be fired from the Stones fan circles, first with those lovely "controverials" header of Truman Capote and Mick Jagger and now with this one.

Remember, it's part of theis story as it's in the past!

Who's next?
01-15-04 10:34 PM
Nasty Habits Just think, Voodoo, we now have a winner, hands down, in the ALL TIME WORST HEADER ON ROCKS OFF EVER CONTEST.

I say well done!
01-15-04 10:37 PM
FPM C10 glencar: society, reagan...same difference. If ketchup is a vegetable, then that is a good haircut.

It's a wonder he's not wearing suspenders!

fabio hot stuff: you posted this picture:

It's also in "According To The Rolling Stones", and the caption there says it was taken "during the 70s". SURELY that is a picture from 1969, no?

I hate it when they get easy stuff wrong. Makes me question everything I read. LIKE: the caption for the picture of Howlin' Wolf on Shindig says that SON HOUSE was on the same show. I've never heard THAT anywhere, and really don't believe it. SON HOUSE on SHINDIG? What did he play for the teenyboppers - "Death Letter"? "John The Revelator"?

Anybody know?

Voodoo - don't rush to take the admittedly awful picture down. We need to step back and question our beliefs once in awhile. That picture goes a long way toward dispelling mindless hero worship!

Even his CLOTHES suck! He looks like an extra from "Grease"! The only thing that doesn't suck is the telecaster!
01-15-04 11:30 PM
100 Years Ago wtf, that's not keith, it's the annoying gravely-voiced guy who sang the st.elmos fire song, i think his name was john parr, yeh that's who it is, not keith. damn what was the human riff thinking that day. goddamn steve lilleywhite, even ruined the stones hair
01-16-04 12:13 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Well, since the header was posted today in the morning I will change it tomorrow morning. In the meantime check this one

nice haircut, isn't it?
01-16-04 12:24 AM
parmeda ...please don't 'go there' voo
TIA
01-16-04 01:18 AM
gypsy Yeah. That Keith header has got to be the uncoolest Keith pic of all time. Tele, I was so thinking "Richard Fucking Marx" when I saw it...but you wrote it first.
Y'know what would make that picture even worse--if that t-shirt that Keith has on reads "Choose Life." Yeah.
01-16-04 04:12 AM
Hannalee Man, that's hilarious.

I don't think it's the worst header ever (the stoned Mick ones spring to mind), but it must be a strong contender for funniest.
01-16-04 05:11 AM
Jumacfly he looks like ..i dont know, that s a a nightmare header!!!
but it was in 1988, think about Macca, who s got the same haircut in 2004...
cheers
Page: 1 2 3

BEST VIEWED HIGH