ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

With Marianne Faithfull and Desmond Guinness - August 1968
© Slim Aarons
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Waiter, there's a condom in my soup!!!!! Return to archive
01-15-04 01:07 AM
exile Waiter, there's a condom in my soup
January 15, 2004

An upmarket US restaurant chain has settled a lawsuit by a woman who claimed she suffered severe physical and emotional distress when she found a rolled-up condom in her soup.

Restaurant chain McCormick & Schmick's reached the settlement on the day the trial was due to begin. The settlement terms are confidential.

Laila Sultan, 48, said the incident occurred last February when she and three companions were treated rudely by the waiter after sending their soup back to the kitchen to be reheated.

When she began eating the soup she encountered a chewy, rubbery object that she first thought was calamari or shrimp. But when she spat out the offending object she saw it was a rolled up condom, and ran to the bathroom where she vomited.

Despite launching an investigation, the restaurant said it did not know how the condom got into the soup, a spokesman said.
01-15-04 01:20 AM
stonedinaustralia that puts a new slant on "cream of chicken"
01-15-04 03:52 AM
Jumacfly was it a used condom?? i mean full... ???
01-15-04 07:04 AM
nankerphelge The waiter must have attended the Howe culinary school!

Next week, rump roast...
01-15-04 07:38 AM
Jumacfly LOL Nanky!!
Paris Hilton Corned beef on the menu..
01-15-04 07:41 AM
egon that reminds me:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/internati...1122371,00.html
01-15-04 08:46 AM
glencar What kind of idiot sends food back???? I guess she's a rich idiot now.
01-15-04 11:56 AM
mickmask CONDOMENTS ANYONE????? My hubby's a chef and says he's heard of many nasties that go on in the kitchen. Says he'd lay out any of his staff that would even consider such things. Bon Appetite!!!!!
01-15-04 12:06 PM
glencar I worked in a restaurant while in college. I try not to recall those days when I sit down to a fancy steak at Outback.

BEST VIEWED HIGH