ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

With Marianne Faithfull and Desmond Guinness - August 1968
© Slim Aarons
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Today's Jagger Header Return to archive
01-14-04 03:22 PM
Child of the Moon Great shot, I love that one. How come you never hear a lot about the '73 European tour? To my ears it's one of their best, where the band was at the top of its game (with the sometime-exception of Keith). Are there a whole lot of documents about this tour, or is it a bit like the '70 and '71 tours (except, with better-sounding bootlegs)?
01-14-04 04:28 PM
stoneslib Today's Jagger header was taken by Peter Beard at MSG, July 24, 1972.
01-14-04 06:53 PM
SHINE A LIGHT that '72 tour was amazing.....i had to lie to a nun to get my tickets. worth goin' to hell for!!
01-14-04 07:44 PM
Child of the Moon Cool, that means I need to shoot myself in the head immediately. I can't fucking believe I screwed that up... Sorry, everyone, I'm very tired today...
01-14-04 10:03 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl
quote:
Child of the Moon wrote:
Cool, that means I need to shoot myself in the head immediately. I can't fucking believe I screwed that up... Sorry, everyone, I'm very tired today...

Hey Child of the Moon, it was my mistake and it wasn’t, let me explain: I found the image the other day in the very same magazine I used to post those controversial Truman Capote/Mick Jagger photos. The magazine is from April 1973, since I was not sure about the date and venue of the photo, I just put “© 1973 Peter Beard” as the header’s footer. I was right as the image saw the light of day in 1973, but as Stoneslib said and I’m sure is 100% right it’s from one of the last shows of the 1972 tour.

As I said this magazine is RS 132 April 1973, and on RS 129 March 1973 we can see photos from the 1973 tour in Hawaii, so in a later issue they published older photos, too bad.

When I’m sure about date/venue I put it, in this case I wasn’t but the footer was right.
01-14-04 10:41 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl LOL Stoneslib, I see you have a the same photo but in a better quality at your website

LOL, the one at the RS magazine has no Bobby!!!

01-15-04 12:02 AM
Child of the Moon I've just seen that picture before, and I swear I knew it was a '72 pic, but my mind just wasn't working. No prob, Voodoo.

Anyway, are there any documents of the '73 European tour? I'm still curious, regardless of what year that picture was taken.

BEST VIEWED HIGH