ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

With Marianne Faithfull and Desmond Guinness - August 1968
© Slim Aarons
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Kim Wilson (NSC) Return to archive
01-14-04 02:17 PM
Ten Thousand Motels Kim Wilson Leads W.C. Handy Blues Nominations

LOS ANGELES (Billboard) - With six nominations, singer and harmonica virtuoso Kim Wilson leads the field for the 2004 W.C. Handy Awards, presented by the Blues Foundation in recognition of the year's best work in the blues field.

Wilson is among the artists up for entertainer of the year, along with Solomon Burke , Shemekia Copeland , B.B. King and Bobby Rush. Anson Funderburgh, Buddy Guy, Bettye Lavette and Otis Taylor each received four nominations.

Nominated as blues album of the year are Funderburgh's "Which Way is Texas?" (Bullseye Blues), Guy's "Blues Singer" (Silvertone), Lavette's "A Woman Like Me" (Blues Express), Taylor's "Truth is Not Fiction" (Telarc), and Wilson's "Looking For Trouble" (MC).

The Handys -- which are selected by an international voting panel of blues fans and blues society members -- will be presented April 29 at the Cook Convention Center in Memphis.
Reuters/Billboard
01-14-04 02:42 PM
T&A Wilson's cool - but he's not in Buddy Guy's league in the blues field.

Also- I love Solomon Burke, but he's clearly no (strictly speaking) blues performer. Like many, he has elements of the blues in his music, but I certainly wouldn't classify him as blues singer, per se.

BEST VIEWED HIGH