ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

With Marianne Faithfull and Desmond Guinness - August 1968
© Slim Aarons
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Misfit........Elefant. Rock n' Models Return to archive
01-14-04 04:28 AM
Ten Thousand Motels Supermodels Get Their Rock On, On Camera

Fashion Wire Daily - New York - What do you get when you put together a camera, three of the world’s hottest models, and the man tapped by New York magazine as the city’s sexiest rocker? Shame on you, if you think this is the start of a dirty joke (or maybe a proposal for the next Paris Hilton-style Quicktime video craze): Fact is, what you get is the video for “Misfit,” the upcoming single from up-and-coming rock band Elefant.

The video’s shoot on Saturday in Brooklyn was a bit like a Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Edition alumni event. 2003 cover girl Petra Nemcova, familiar fashion face Amy Wesson and rising star Liliana Domniguez all braved subzero temperatures and a 6am call time in the name of rock - though Dominguez, at least, could claim the added incentive of love: her boyfriend is Elefant frontman Diego Garcia. Not since George Michael ’s heavy-rotation clip for “Freedom 90,” which featured the supermodels Cindy Crawford (news), Tatiana Patitz, Naomi Campbell, Linda Evangelista and Christy Turlington all cavorting separately in an apartment, has a single song united so many pretty faces in one frame.

The world of models and fashion is nothing new for Elefant, one of New York City’s hippest young bands. The cover of the band’s debut LP, Sunlight Makes Me Paranoid, features a photograph of fashion’s latest, It-est It-girl, Hope Atherton, a friend of Garcia’s. And Garcia – he of the chiseled cheekbones, swivel-hips and more than a little rico-suave - has admitted that “Ester,” the closing tack on , is an ode to the model Ester Canadas. On the other hand, model Wesson is no stranger to the world of rock, having graced the cover of the 1998 Smashing Pumpkins album Adore.

The video is directed by Adam Levite of Associates in Science. Sunlight Makes Me Paranoid was released last year on Kemado Records, a division of Palm Pictures.
01-14-04 05:02 AM
Ten Thousand Motels Well, the use of models as props in videos is nothing new. Off the top of my head, Robert Palmers video comes to mind. ZZ Top had a few on some of their videos.
01-14-04 11:01 AM
glencar I thought "Diego Garcia" was an island in the Indian Ocean.
01-14-04 11:03 AM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
glencar wrote:
I thought "Diego Garcia" was an island in the Indian Ocean.

Yeah, I think you're right. British & American military base I think.
01-14-04 11:05 AM
glencar This guy's "rico suave"? Isn't he a bit late for THAT trend? LOL

BEST VIEWED HIGH