ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

With Marianne Faithfull and Desmond Guinness - August 1968
© Slim Aarons
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: today's laugh!! Return to archive
01-13-04 10:35 PM
mickmask For those who need one... our local brewery, one of the major ones in Canada, (Molson's), was recently shut down. No... not downsizing...no...not a buy out or a merger...you see there was something wrong with the equipment. The multimillion dollar top of the line equipment wasn't just making beer... it was growing ower 25,000 pot plants!! This operation was going on for 2 years!! Estimated street value was over 30 million dollars. Everyone here is still laughing!!
01-13-04 10:38 PM
CS Couldn't believe but it's real

Mon Jan 12, 7:44 PM ET
By The Associated Press

Giant pot bust inside former brewery likely largest in Canada, police say

BARRIE, Ontario (AP) — A marijuana "factory" concealed within a sprawling old brewery just steps from one of Ontario's busiest highways is proof Canada's pot problem has reached "epidemic proportions," police said Monday.

The former Molson brewery in Barrie, Ontario, plainly visible from Highway 400, one of the province's busiest commuter routes, was raided on the weekend by some 100 city and provincial police officers acting on a tip.

Inside, police found marijuana with what they said had an estimated street value of $30 million, along with a grow operation of staggering proportions — the largest and most sophisticated in modern Canadian history.

"This is not a ma-and-pa operation," Barrie police Chief Wayne Frechette wryly told a news conference in this central Ontario city an hour's drive north of Toronto.

Across a 5,400-square meter complex the size of a football field, police found more than 25,000 pot plants growing everywhere — even inside the cavernous indoor vats once used to brew beer.

Molson closed the brewery in 2000 and sold it to a company that leases space to about half a dozen businesses. The other companies included trucking companies and a bottling company, police said.

Goodale starts pre-budget talks in Regina emphasizing tight spending ahead

01-13-04 10:56 PM
M.O.W.A.T. One of the cops was quoted in the papers as saying: "A couple of years ago, these vats were full of Coors Light, now there full of buds!:

Had to laugh at that!!
01-14-04 08:47 AM
SHINE A LIGHT oh yeah, and the beautiful part for ME is that molson is the canadian sponsor, of late. for the stones i mean!!!
[Edited by SHINE A LIGHT]
01-14-04 08:56 AM
Jumacfly if only they could do the same in france with wine..!
cheeba sauvignon, grand cru 2004!!!
cheers
Ju
01-14-04 12:06 PM
Monkey Woman
quote:
Jumacfly wrote:
if only they could do the same in france with wine..!
cheeba sauvignon, grand cru 2004!!!
cheers
Ju

I'll drink to that!

01-14-04 12:09 PM
glencar I thought mj was becoming legal in Canadastan?
01-14-04 12:12 PM
Monkey Woman More like "tolerated", in only in small quantities, I think. They substituted a fine instead of prison sentence for use, not growing and selling in big quantities.
01-14-04 12:21 PM
mac_daddy this isnt a laughing matter - it is a cryin' shame!!!!

01-14-04 02:38 PM
SHINE A LIGHT now they don't know how to get rid of this stuff???????
01-14-04 09:57 PM
mac_daddy
quote:
SHINE A LIGHT wrote:
now they don't know how to get rid of this stuff???????

give it to me!
01-14-04 10:40 PM
Lazy Bones From today's Toronto Sun.

01-14-04 11:13 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl
quote:
Lazy Bones wrote:
From today's Toronto Sun.

From today's Rocks Off Message Board

I was trying to change the maple leaf for the pot leaf in the Canadian Flag, but discovered that from the very beginning it was pot in disguise

Important note: this image was made and posted with full respect to Canada, the Canadian Flag and all the Canadians, specially for our cool Canadians friends here.
01-14-04 11:25 PM
parmeda
quote:
SHINE A LIGHT wrote:
now they don't know how to get rid of this stuff???????

Wanna bet?
Nanky's planning a road trip right this very minute as we speak
01-14-04 11:58 PM
Lazy Bones
quote:
VoodooChileInWOnderl wrote:

From today's Rocks Off Message Board

I was trying to change the maple leaf for the pot leaf in the Canadian Flag, but discovered that from the very beginning it was pot in disguise

Important note: this image was made and posted with full respect to Canada, the Canadian Flag and all the Canadians, specially for our cool Canadians friends here.

Lol...you see many patches, stickers, tees, hats and other merchandise with that leaf substitute here.
01-15-04 12:08 PM
mickmask you've got CLASS Vood!! 'Oh Canada, our stoned and native land'......

BEST VIEWED HIGH