ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

With Marianne Faithfull and Desmond Guinness - August 1968
© Slim Aarons
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: A "stoned" wallpaper for ya! Return to archive
01-11-04 11:01 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl LOL I made this today, so just right-click "Set as wallpaper" and enjoy it (it's 1024x768 pixels but can ne used for all others)

[Edited by VoodooChileInWOnderl]
01-11-04 11:05 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Warning watching the screen with this wallpaper could be strongly addictive!

Ask Joey!

"
"
"
"
V

01-11-04 11:40 PM
LadyJane Absolutely Perfect!! Sunday night......no work tomorrow...
relaxing...indulging....and here's Mick looking like I feel right now!!

Thanks Voodoo! You Rock!!

LJ.
01-12-04 07:28 AM
Factory Girl I love ya Voo!
01-12-04 10:19 AM
nankerphelge Can't see it, but:

ATLANTA, Georgia (Reuters) -- The same family of chemicals that produces a buzz in marijuana smokers may be responsible for "runner's high," the euphoric feeling that some people get when they exercise, U.S. researchers say.

High levels of anandamide were found in young men who ran or cycled at a moderate rate for about an hour, according to a study made public this week by the Georgia Institute of Technology and the University of California, Irvine.

Anandamide is a cannabinoid, or lipid molecule, that is naturally produced in the body. It is known to produce sensations that are similar to those of THC, the psychoactive property in marijuana.

The study's findings, which were recently published in the journal NeuroReport, fly in the face of those who believe that the release of brain chemicals called endorphins cause the peculiar high that some runners and cyclists claim to feel.

Arne Dietrich, the study's principal investigator and a former visiting professor at Georgia Tech in Atlanta, believes the body releases cannabinoids to help it cope with the prolonged stress and pain of moderate or intense exercise.

"No other study has ever considered this possibility, which is why the results are so significant," said Dietrich, who added that there were no indications that cannabinoids caused any harm when naturally released during intense exercise.

He added that the findings could provide sufferers of glaucoma and chronic diseases an alternative to using marijuana for pain control. Use of the drug for medical purposes has been approved by voters in some states, but remains illegal under federal law and highly controversial in the medical community.

The 24 young men who participated in Dietrich's study were asked to run, cycle or sit. If they ran or cycled, participants began with a brief warm-up, followed by 45 minutes of moderate exercise and then a short cool-down period.

Dietrich said further studies were necessary to determine the precise nature of the increase in cannabinoids during physical activity and to what degree the intensity, duration and type of exercise affected their release.

The "runner's high" theory emerged in the United States during the running craze of the 1970s, when researchers discovered the brain's opiate receptors, which are proteins located on the surface of nerve cells.

Some scientists, however, say the concept is a myth.
01-12-04 10:21 AM
Some Guy Gotta run, later.
01-12-04 10:27 AM
nankerphelge Oh now I see it!

I SEE it.

Mick "Chiba-face" Jagger!

01-12-04 11:25 AM
Tom I like it!
01-12-04 11:33 AM
scratched
quote:
nankerphelge wrote:

ATLANTA, Georgia (Reuters) -- The same family of chemicals that produces a buzz in marijuana smokers may be responsible for "runner's high," the euphoric feeling that some people get when they exercise, U.S. researchers say.

Always knew it was good for you!
[Edited by scratched]
01-12-04 12:33 PM
Lavendar I just want it all Just think of all the brownies!
01-12-04 07:04 PM
SHINE A LIGHT so now vood. is showing us his "garden"???????
01-12-04 07:16 PM
LadyJane Due to overwhelming popularity...I hereby request that the current wallpaper remain at RO for at least a few days!!

It just fits us!!

Anybody else agree??

LJ.
01-12-04 07:27 PM
CS I agree and not just for a few days but permanent LOL
01-12-04 08:04 PM
SHINE A LIGHT oh yeah, agreed.
01-12-04 08:16 PM
Ten Thousand Motels [quote]LadyJane wrote:
Due to overwhelming popularity...I hereby request that the current wallpaper remain at RO for at least a few days!!

/quote]

The pic of Mick is okay but can't say as I like the wallpaper. I'm a law-abiding citizen.
01-12-04 08:33 PM
LadyJane
quote:
Ten Thousand Motels wrote:
The pic of Mick is okay but can't say as I like the wallpaper. I'm a law-abiding citizen.

Oh yeah, right!!!

LMAO

LJ.
01-13-04 12:45 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl This was the image used to launch the new background

Smoking the Rocks Off's wallpaper!
After drinking some Voodoo Chile's brew...

© 1982 Dennis O'Regan
01-13-04 05:57 AM
Jumacfly i love this mick pic!!
i ve tried to smoke the RO wallpaper but it s hard to roll a pc , even in a long sleeve..
01-13-04 06:58 AM
egon it gives me the munchies
01-14-04 04:20 PM
LadyJane I don't know if it's because I just spent a half hour outside in sub zero temps unburying my car...but I'm getting a buzz from this wallpaper. When I hit refresh...I see 3d images of green bud!!

Developing........................

LJ.
01-14-04 10:11 PM
mac_daddy looks like brick w33d to me...

how does this look to y'all..?

this looks like Keith...

01-15-04 10:03 AM
nankerphelge Nice!

Very nice!

01-15-04 10:06 AM
Jumacfly i m going to holland in march, thank you for helping me to choose my weed!!
01-15-04 10:11 AM
nankerphelge I don't think I'd ever come home!

My sole purpose in life would be to check all the different kinds and then do some experiments to create a special hybrid known as "Nankiness"

It would have that great skunky indy smell and taste, with zero red-eye, a full-body buzz that lasts for 3+ hours, munchies that create a craving for Newcastles and nothing that would show up on any tests!
01-15-04 10:16 AM
Jumacfly it s just the "Nankyness of You", next Keith hit....
01-15-04 10:18 AM
nankerphelge Yeah!

I like that!

BEST VIEWED HIGH